Ratchanok Inthanon - รัชนก อินทนนท์

Discussion in 'Thailand Professional Players' started by robin7, Apr 27, 2009.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

I think the idea is to do regular and random samples to build up a RNA biochemical "fingerprint" profile for every athlete, so that over time, any unusual discrepancy due to doping will be easily detected.

This is the future of doping detection.

2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Yeah, but easier said than done, because the regulation of gene expression is very complex and overall expression is never the same/static.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

They've probably figured out which RNAs to profile, ie the ones most stable and susceptible to change with all doping. Perhaps mitochondrial. But obviously they won't let anyone know yet so that the cheaters can't find a way to counter yet.

4. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

That actually makes sense, at first I thought, why not publish the mechanism/gene etc. - is it because it's not established yet? - but hiding this information makes it a lot harder for drug cheaters to counter it. But even if they did know, what are they gonna do about it?

5. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Why does all the incidents like this always happen to players I like and never to players I dislike?

blabl and kctho like this.
  6. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

7. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

If we want to eliminate all doubt on doping then the only solution is autopsy.
    Immediately after a competition every winner should taken, dispatched, and undergo immediate autopsy.
    Only in this way can we eliminate the chance of inadequate samples or substance degradation.
    It may seem a steep price for victory. But well worth it when you consider the enormous sums that professional badminton players make in their careers.

8. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I am not too sure that baddy players really make that much enormous dough in their career, unless their last name is Lee and Lin and Hidayat. And even then majority of their earnings come by way of lucrative endorsements.

9. visor

visor Regular Member

#669 visor, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

With so little information available, all that we say here at this time other than what's reportedly true can only be speculation. What's in it for the doctor? Why would he risk his reputation and put his career on the line ?

When was her knee injured? What steroid was injected, when? In-competition or out-of-competition treatment, exemption applied, permission granted from WADA ,Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) certificate issued? Was she informed beforehand ? Is the attending doctor treating her approved by BAT ? Etc,. etc, too many unanswered questions and doubts.

yf19-sama likes this.
  11. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

yeah, let's wait for official confirmation from BWF. hope she's cleared to participate.

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Mind telling us who are those that you dislike?

13. opikbidin

opikbidin Regular Member

Student
    you can't detect doping that is done since childhood and then stopped when they grow up. There are countries that have done this, doping and shaping athletes since young, stopped at certain ages, then compete

14. opikbidin

opikbidin Regular Member

Student
    DNA->RNA->Protein

DNA is usually the same, so it's up to which RNA or protein that will increase/decrease after a doping has been done, and what effect that protein have on the body.

Protein profiling is now very fast, just do a drop of blood then do some mass spectro + chromatography thing.

15. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Okay, so my joke was poor, but the gist agrees with you. The race to catch cheaters by tests gets increasingly more clever, complicated, expensive, and intrusive. But there will never be a foolproof system which catches every cheat and avoids falsely accusing the innocent.

Not to say the effort to keep sports clean shouldn't continue. But one has to admit that to have a scandal break on the eve of the Olympics takes away some of the naive joy we fans take in sport. The right thing to do? Sure. A big buzzkill? Definitely.

16. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    steroid injection is very serious!!

2 year ban is possible, i think...

#676 pcll99, Jul 15, 2016
  17. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    maybe you should switch allegiance!! :cool:

Resistance is futile!!!

#677 pcll99, Jul 15, 2016
  18. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Yeah, protein profiling is already established but with RNA, I doubt so. But if they can get this up and running it might be a stroke of genius. How are cheaters going to prevent RNA from being synthesized and detected? They can't!

19. blabl

blabl Regular Member

So unfortunate to hear such cases happen to Ratchanok right before Olympics 2016. On top of that she is my idol too. When I first heard of this news. My heart sank and I basically collapsed. How could this happen to her? She is such a nice player and such a well behaved player after all. Then I started to ask why good players always have to punish harshly in such a manner? Where as players with bad manner bad court attitudes run away scoot free.

I can basically understand Ratchanok feelings as of now. No joke. She must have been feeling so bad. Even if she can continue to play in Rio Olympics 2016 I am sure this incident would have continue to haunt her and she may not be able to perform well.

Ratchanok why does this always have to happen? Why does bad things always happen to my idol? :(

pajon likes this.
  20. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Until now I still find it so hard to believe this. How can Ratchanok fail her dope test?

Basically I am now praying very hard for Ratchanok so that her name can be cleared as soon as possible. I cannot wait to see her in action during Olympics 2016.

pajon likes this.