Racket with smallest sweetspot

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ChocoChipWaffle, Nov 27, 2020.

1. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

I'm tying to find a racket with the smallest sweetspot possible for training purposes, but instead of buying one of those squash or dedicated training rackets with a tiny sweetspot, I'm trying to find a playable racket that has the smallest sweetspot possible. From my understanding the smallest racket frames is probably ZFII, NRZS, or DSZ. If anyone has experience with these rackets, can you please help me rank them in order of sweetspot size? If there's something smaller than that, that would be great, thanks

2. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

gosen gravitas 8/7 are notably smaller than zfII

3. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Babolat X-Feel series, compact AND oval head. On top of that, at least the older generations (black) have such a weak T-Joint, that you have to hit the center of the sweet spot.

I don't see the purpose for that though and advice against it. There's use for heavy rackets, but other than that, it won't help you to hit cleanly with another racket then the one you normally use.

Playing a match with shuttle tube instead of a racket is the cheaper option.

Broto likes this.
  4. ChocoChipWaffle

Problem is I can't play games with shuttle tubes, squash rackets, or training rackets with extremely small heads without people on court getting frustrated, so I'm trying to find something that's acceptable from their perspective.

5. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash is the smallest I’ve played with, but string with higher tension will probably give you more difference.

6. dnewguy

dnewguy Regular Member

Hello,

I have Carbonex 21 special.
    Its oval head, even balanced and 2u..

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

im not quite understand for your reason.
    Why people on court getting frustated? If you play badminton & carry a squash racket, its obvious anyone would piss off. I will think "are you dumb or something? Why not bring an electric mousquito racket instead".

What do you want to aim with this smallest sweet spot racket anyway? If its consitency, i never see any training racket that made for this purpose, most likely they are made for strengthening our swing power.

8. ChocoChipWaffle

There are two types of training rackets, one is those very heavy ones like the Yonex TR, the other is a racket with half the head size of a normal racket (like the picture below).
    [​IMG]

9. Budi

Budi Regular Member

hhhmmm... 1st time i know this.
    Anyway what is the benefit for this type of training racket?
    If its consistency between stroke, even when im already good at 1 racket, switching to different racket will always put me in bad timing, but as the time go it will get better & better. So im not sure there will be any benefit training with those extra small racket.

10. ChocoChipWaffle

yeah but i noticed that hitting with these rackets periodically helps a lot with doubles defense, so i'm probably gonna invest in either this or one of the rackets stated above

11. dnewguy

dnewguy Regular Member

Hello,

So you intend to train with a small head size racquet and play tournaments with a different racquet?

Wouldn't it be counterproductive?

And if its just a one time affair then the gains would be temporary... right ?

12. ChocoChipWaffle

Its more like, if you havent done drills with small rackets for a while, you start to feel that youre not hitting the sweetspot as consistently as before. So when that happens, i usually play with a training racket like that to do defense drill against the wall, or have your friend feed you during backcourt drills until you start to feel like youre hitting consistently at the sweet spot once again. It’s basically like a once in a blue moon type of maintenance for me. The gains are temporary, but usually it lasts a year or two in my case, so i’ll do it whenever i feel my form is off, which incidentally happened this year because i was off for long stretches due to covid

#12 ChocoChipWaffle, Nov 29, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  13. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Buy a Voltric DG and string it with BG65 at 35lbs. IMO it is nonsense to train and play at the same time. If somebody calls me for a game I play my best at my peak. I wouldn't put any obstacles into my own game play and ruin the game for 3 other persons. You will make much more unforced errors. I put any obstacles into my own training, because I don't waste anybodies time/expectations of the game and can focus exactly on that topic I wanna improve and push me to the borders.
    IMO you play in the wrong enviroment for your ambitions so you must find ways to train while all others around you just wanna play. But even as they just wanna play they don't accept all ways for yourself to improve. IMO the enviroment is the problem.

yenyesoh likes this.
  14. Budi

Budi Regular Member

if you are able to defense with heavier racket, then defending with lighter one will feel much more easier. So training with heavy training racket would show some noticable result. But using small head racket, wont improve your physical strength in any way & easier defense might just because the spec is easier to use or coz small frame actually give less drag. & changing to different racket wont give anything to help you defense better.

Super85 likes this.
  15. pughon

pughon Regular Member

Recently encounter this product if you are still interested.
    https://e78shop.com/collections/other-badminton-racket/products/rfee90-1
    upload_2020-12-14_23-1-36.png
    [​IMG]

Woesi likes this.