Racket similar to 88s pro

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Michaellll, Jun 5, 2022.

1. Michaellll

Michaellll New Member

As the title says, I want to buy a new racket similar to my current 4u 88s pro. I’ve grown to like my current racket, and I want to buy similar racket.

A little bit about me, I mainly play doubles, but I’ve been getting to singles.

I’ve been thinking about auraspeed 100x, thruster f enhanced edition, and arcsaber 11 pro. If you have any other racket in mind, it’d be a great suggestion to me.

Also, I have been thinking about aeronaut 9000c, ryuga, and duora z strike. I feel like I wanted to add something to my racket bag.

Right now, I am leaning towards arcsaber 11 pro and auraspeed 100x. However, I’ve tried my friend’s ryuga. Somehow, it feels good.
    Any recommendation or thought would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Kwarevo

Kwarevo Regular Member

Nanoflare series would be good.
    Aeronaut 9000C is head-heavy racket and only available in 3u quite different with 88s pro, try 9000I is better

3. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

As 88S Pro 4U have swing weight of around 84.5kg I would suggest racket that have similar swing weight.
    9000C is super heavy at 88.5kg swing weight which is closer to 88S pro 3U version so if you like 4U version i suggest stay away from 9000C.
    9000i on the other hand is closer to 88S pro 4U at around 86kg. You will feel that 9000i is a little slower than 88S.

My main racket is 100X 4U (swing weight 82.5 KG), racket is fast and give decent smash. Single is playable but I would suggest heavier racket.

Other racket that have similar swing weight as 88S Pro

Yonex Astrox 88S Pro 4U (SW=84.5)
    Victor TK FC 4U
    Yonex Astrox 100ZZ 4U
    Yonex ArcSaber 11 4U
    Li-Ning Aeronaut 9000i

As a victor fan boy I will always recommend players who like to smash try TK-FC. Don't really recommend ryuga since it's kinda hard to play with.

4. Michaellll

Michaellll New Member

Noted. I’ve been thinking bout tk-fc too Honestly, I will not recommend ryuga for other people. When I first tried it, it felt weird. However, after playing some drills with it, it felt good. For anyone who’s interested in ryuga, I’d say to them to try it first. Overall, it’s a good racket for me. However, it does not suit my playstyle that much. That’s why it’s not in my top list, but if someone’s gonna change my mind, that’ll be cool (I’d buy it in the future tho just as my collection)

I’ve been using yonex, so it’d feel a little weird using a victor. I’m intrigued in having a victor racket tho. They look cool I like the design of ryuga and tk fc enhanced. I might buy a victor racket, so I’ll see.

5. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Axforce 80 4U is the most similar to 88S Pro I think. But the price is kinda super high so yea...

6. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

Speaking of Lining, the Tectonic 9 and Tectonic 7 drive are pretty good alternative too. Slightly head heavy just like the 88s pro.

7. Jun Keat Ng

Jun Keat Ng Regular Member

felet titanium 88 is more than good 88s pro

8. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Why not another 88S pro? I known that sounds like I'm being unhelpful, so I'll phrase it was "what would you change about the s pro that makes you want something different?"
    I had S pro, and for me it was the 68 hole pattern and the weight. So I've swapped to 3U 88s. Alternative I considered was the 100zz.

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

9. Michaellll

Michaellll New Member

just to update y’all in this thread and thanking for suggestions, I have added 2 rackets in my racket bag. Lining aeronaut 9000i and Victor auraspeed 90f. Still not used to 9000i, but it’s definitely a unique racket. It feels super fast. I love it cuz I feel like the racket would enhance my play style.

10. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

How's the Auraspeed 90F? Is it similar to the 88s pro or more flexible?

11. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

My sister have been playing with 90F both 5U and 4U. 90F have a flexible shaft but not "whippy". Don't recommend 5U version to anyone since the smashing power is non-existent and 5U is only a little bit faster than 4U, it's not worth sacrificing power and control for a lighter racket . 90K very easy to generate power but I don't really recommend this racket to any player that is physically strong. I can't put more than 70 percent of my power using 90F, or else I can't control the power and trajectory. 88S is way stiffer than 90F, of course 88S have better control but it's harder to play with compared to 90F. If you're in the market for 90F, I would suggest looking into Hypersonic instead. imo better power and better control. Tiny bit more demanding to play but it is easier to play with than 88S.

pootisfoib likes this.
  12. Michaellll

Michaellll New Member

I agree with Zoap, but I’ve never used hypersonic. I guess for the price, 90F might not be worth it. I would choose 9000i than 90F. I would also choose 88s pro than 90F. That’s just my personal preference. Also, I’ve tried my friend’s bravesword 12N 3u, and it’s way better than 90F. I use the 4u 90F by the way.

I just wanted to say that victor rackets have different feelings than yonex and lining. You need to try the racket. This is just my opinion.

pootisfoib likes this.
  13. what07

what07 Regular Member

Definitely more flexible. Has a larger head, longer shaft and I think its about the same headheavy feeling even tho the 90F is marketed as headlight or fast head. For stronger players I would choose something else because for me it feels it lags behind when I'm going for a max power smash. It plays much better I feel if I'm only using like 70% effort throughout the game.

Just to put out another similar spec racket, I got an Victor Thruster CNY. Both 90F and CNY were setup the same way for comparing and both rackets I think are pretty decent. If you don't need that damping feel from the freecore and the G6 gripsize and just want a bit more repulsion without losing much speed, the CNY is very nice. Or an more forgiving 88D pro this maybe your choice. Fully recessed frame + thinner shaft on this CNY model.

pootisfoib likes this.
  14. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

TK-F enhanced would be a good racket to be similar to the 88S--it's remarkably versatile and quite quick. Auraspeed 100x is a little more head light than the 88s and the TK-F enhanced, although not as much as other head light rackets.

The Ryuga is a completely different beast from the 88S--I honestly wouldn't recommend it that much unless you're already pretty strong. The Duora Z-Strike is pretty unremarkable, and the shaft feels very, very stiff.

15. Win Htet

Win Htet New Member

Which has more power 88s pro or 9000I

16. Michaellll

Michaellll New Member

for me, 9000i