Racket recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Pavlito79, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Pavlito79

Pavlito79 Regular Member

Hello people. Looking for recommendation for racket. Mainly play doubles and looking to change something and try something maybe new. I am tall player 198 cm so looking for probably attacking options, love defence aswell. Currently use Yonex Astrox 100zz 4U with 28 lbs as experiment with tension as well. Any recommendation from Yonex or other brands but not super expensive to try and enjoy as I love mine 100zz.

2. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

100zz is a really good racket and if you don't feel any problems such as too stiff or small sweetspot, sticking with the 100zz from yonex ould be good.
    If you do feel the shaft is too stiff, maybe go for 88d pro or even 77.
    If you think you need even more super head heavy racket, go for ZFII but the speed of it is very poor in comparison with the 100zz

3. neverdien

neverdien Regular Member

If you can handle 3u racket, Lining 9000c could be an interesting one to try.

As Nihal said above, 88d pro or 77 are nice choices.
    You can also check the Duora 10, a tad more head-heavy and flexible than the 2 above.

Nihal likes this.
  4. Pavlito79

Pavlito79 Regular Member

Any cheaper options ? I would like to maybe try something with medium stiffness as probably dont use mine 100zz to full potential

5. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    duo10 is not head heavier nor more flexible than ax88d or ax77, at all.

search APACS

6. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

If you cannot use the 100z to the full potential, then do not go for extra stiff or staff shafts now.
    77 and 88dp are pretty expensive I know that but if you want a racket that has a custom "yonex" feel, then I think the Astrox rage would be best for you but not sure about how the other lower or mid end astrox rackets like the ax9 or ax7 feel.

As @neverdien said, doura 10 is good but I think it is also quite high priced.
    Apacs is a nice choice as said by @offbad, but I own an apacs nanofusion 700, its really fast 5ug5 racket but solidity compared to that of the Astrox or high end yonex rackets will not be there. Also compared to the 77, the durability of the nanofusion 700 is very less as it has a super thin frame, and I guess its the same with all the apacs rackets.
    Apacs is definitely a good choice if you are on a really tight budget but if not, I would never recommend to go from an astrox to another brand or a head light racket.
    If you think you can achieve a better result with your 100zz in a few months and if your 100zz is in good shape, no need to get a racket for now.
    If you think that you will not be able to play with the 100zz at all and that you find it too head heavy and stiff to get the snap and power, then recommend any other astrox range (even if the price is high, go to a trusted dealer or close friend and I'm sure they will discount it at least 30% as they did in my case), after all, I think out of the bunch of rackets I mentioned, astrox range of rackets have the best durability and is the best choice.

hope this long description helps you make your choice :)

7. Pavlito79

Pavlito79 Regular Member

Thanks for all advice. Dunno if that important but my 100zz is also 3U so maybe too heavy for doubles. I love that racket but need find some spare one as my strings broke too often and then cannot play while waiting for restringing. Plus costly buisness keep restring every 2 months lol

8. Pavlito79

Pavlito79 Regular Member

And what about 88S pro 4U is that good racket ?

9. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

3u is bit too heavy unless you are a professional or upper intermediate.
    100zz's string also might break often due to the frame shape and stringing pattern, not sure.
    my choice for you, for for the 77 4u, will take 2 or 3 days to get used to swing speed, power and feel but after that you'll love it.

10. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

it is a good racket considering doubles

11. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

but he had said that he feels fatigued, mostly due to the stiff shaft and head weight, so best choice for him IMO is 77 4u

12. Pavlito79

Pavlito79 Regular Member

What about 88S Pro 4 U is that ok as someone told me is easy to play racket. I also maybe will hold till new Arcsaber Pro will come out as when I tested old one I like feeling of that racket

13. neverdien

neverdien Regular Member

I had Dou10, ax88D (1st version) and ax77 at the same time before.

In my hand:
    Stiffness, ax88d-pro 4u >~ ax88D 4u (original) > ax77 4u > du10.
    Head heaviness, ax88D 4u (original) > ax88d-pro 4u >~ du10 > ax77 4u.

88s pro 4u is a good option if you like net and fast exchange shots.

14. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

its a good one, if you can use stiffer shatfs, also check out 100zz if you like more stiffer head heavier rackets
    otherwise for medium flex shafts, go for the 77 or acsaber pro