question for Lindsey/IBF.

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by kwun, Jan 17, 2000.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    <html>Hi Lindsey,<p>hope you are still reading this. i love your new worldbadminton e-zine!<p>i am wondering, now that IBF has a new news/events/ranking/etc site, what will be the role of the old IBF site? will IBF continue maintain that site as it was? or will it be revamped with a different content focus?<p>just curious. thanks,<br>kwun
    </html>

2. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

<html>Hi Kwun, Glad to hear you like the site - I worked very hard on my little baby!!<p>The old IBF site will change its focus slightly, and will become more of an "information resource" for archived results, news, statutes, rules, laws etc.<p>Basically all those things which IBF need to publish, but don't have much of a place in a magazine-type environment.<p>...I'm going to have to make that quiz a bit harder, aren't I??<p>: Hi Lindsey,<p>: hope you are still reading this. i love your new worldbadminton e-zine!<p>: i am wondering, now that IBF has a new news/events/ranking/etc site, what will be the role of the old IBF site? will IBF continue maintain that site as it was? or will it be revamped with a different content focus?<p>: just curious. thanks,<br>: kwun<p>
    </html>

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Re: IBF world badminton & Lindsey

<html>Hi,<p>Had a chance to go through the site. I like the format and am especially happy about seeing the decisions IBF are making to slowly change and improve the organisation of badminton. Strangely, it took quite a long time to download. Hmm, wonder if it's a cunning plan by my ISP to try and get me to change to a more expensive hi-speed network.<p>The quiz definately needs to be more difficult!<p>Is there any reason why on the top banner only the letters "world " are visible or is it my computer?<p>Was wondering about those lack of reports from Korea. You mentioned the tournament organisers were not sending info over to you - are the tournament organisers seperate from IBF representatives? Does IBF have a nominated representative to oversee IBF sanctioned tournaments?<p>Cheung<p><p>: Hi Kwun, Glad to hear you like the site - I worked very hard on my little baby!!<p>: The old IBF site will change its focus slightly, and will become more of an "information resource" for archived results, news, statutes, rules, laws etc.<p>: Basically all those things which IBF need to publish, but don't have much of a place in a magazine-type environment.<p>: ...I'm going to have to make that quiz a bit harder, aren't I??<p>: : Hi Lindsey,<p>: : hope you are still reading this. i love your new worldbadminton e-zine!<p>: : i am wondering, now that IBF has a new news/events/ranking/etc site, what will be the role of the old IBF site? will IBF continue maintain that site as it was? or will it be revamped with a different content focus?<p>: : just curious. thanks,<br>: : kwun<p>
    </html>

4. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

Re: IBF world badminton & Lindsey

<html>Hi Cheung<p>Could well be a cunning ploy by your ISP!! On the other hand, the new site is quite image-intensive, which may also explain the delay..<p>As for the Korea Open issue, each individual Member Association who hosts an event is responsible for the organisation of that event, with the exception of the "IBF Events" e.g. World Champs, Sudirman, Thomas, Uber Cups, WGPF, and World Juniors - IBF has a more direct involvement with those events.<p>IBF control the draws and seeds, organise the officials and assist with the distribution of prize money after the event, but apart from that, the Members pretty much organise their own events.<p>IBF's various departmental Directors assist the organisers in their particular areas, but do not attend the event itself - love to, but money does not permit!<p>Hope that's a bit clearer? Re. the top banner problem - the site was designed for a browser size 1024 x 768 - are you viewing at that size?<p>Lindsey<p>: Hi,<p>: Had a chance to go through the site. I like the format and am especially happy about seeing the decisions IBF are making to slowly change and improve the organisation of badminton. Strangely, it took quite a long time to download. Hmm, wonder if it's a cunning plan by my ISP to try and get me to change to a more expensive hi-speed network.<p>: The quiz definately needs to be more difficult!<p>: Is there any reason why on the top banner only the letters "world " are visible or is it my computer?<p>: Was wondering about those lack of reports from Korea. You mentioned the tournament organisers were not sending info over to you - are the tournament organisers seperate from IBF representatives? Does IBF have a nominated representative to oversee IBF sanctioned tournaments?<p>: Cheung<p><br>: : Hi Kwun, Glad to hear you like the site - I worked very hard on my little baby!!<p>: : The old IBF site will change its focus slightly, and will become more of an "information resource" for archived results, news, statutes, rules, laws etc.<p>: : Basically all those things which IBF need to publish, but don't have much of a place in a magazine-type environment.<p>: : ...I'm going to have to make that quiz a bit harder, aren't I??<p>: : : Hi Lindsey,<p>: : : hope you are still reading this. i love your new worldbadminton e-zine!<p>: : : i am wondering, now that IBF has a new news/events/ranking/etc site, what will be the role of the old IBF site? will IBF continue maintain that site as it was? or will it be revamped with a different content focus?<p>: : : just curious. thanks,<br>: : : kwun<p>
    </html>

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Thanks

<html>Hi Lindsey,<p>Thanks for the background info. It's very nice of you to reveal some of the inner workings of the IBF. <p>Got the top banner to show up. More of a user problem.....:)<p>Cheung<p><p>: Hi Cheung<p>: Could well be a cunning ploy by your ISP!! On the other hand, the new site is quite image-intensive, which may also explain the delay..<p>: As for the Korea Open issue, each individual Member Association who hosts an event is responsible for the organisation of that event, with the exception of the "IBF Events" e.g. World Champs, Sudirman, Thomas, Uber Cups, WGPF, and World Juniors - IBF has a more direct involvement with those events.<p>: IBF control the draws and seeds, organise the officials and assist with the distribution of prize money after the event, but apart from that, the Members pretty much organise their own events.<p>: IBF's various departmental Directors assist the organisers in their particular areas, but do not attend the event itself - love to, but money does not permit!<p>: Hope that's a bit clearer? Re. the top banner problem - the site was designed for a browser size 1024 x 768 - are you viewing at that size?<p>: Lindsey<p>: : Hi,<p>: : Had a chance to go through the site. I like the format and am especially happy about seeing the decisions IBF are making to slowly change and improve the organisation of badminton. Strangely, it took quite a long time to download. Hmm, wonder if it's a cunning plan by my ISP to try and get me to change to a more expensive hi-speed network.<p>: : The quiz definately needs to be more difficult!<p>: : Is there any reason why on the top banner only the letters "world " are visible or is it my computer?<p>: : Was wondering about those lack of reports from Korea. You mentioned the tournament organisers were not sending info over to you - are the tournament organisers seperate from IBF representatives? Does IBF have a nominated representative to oversee IBF sanctioned tournaments?<p>: : Cheung<p>: <br>: : : Hi Kwun, Glad to hear you like the site - I worked very hard on my little baby!!<p>: : : The old IBF site will change its focus slightly, and will become more of an "information resource" for archived results, news, statutes, rules, laws etc.<p>: : : Basically all those things which IBF need to publish, but don't have much of a place in a magazine-type environment.<p>: : : ...I'm going to have to make that quiz a bit harder, aren't I??<p>: : : : Hi Lindsey,<p>: : : : hope you are still reading this. i love your new worldbadminton e-zine!<p>: : : : i am wondering, now that IBF has a new news/events/ranking/etc site, what will be the role of the old IBF site? will IBF continue maintain that site as it was? or will it be revamped with a different content focus?<p>: : : : just curious. thanks,<br>: : : : kwun<p>
    </html>