Qiu Zihan (邱子瀚) / Liu Xiaolong (刘小龙)

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by nkt0811, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Very rude from Carsten M. to hit the shuttle back after the serve has ended... :confused:

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Impressive dynamic play against the Danes. Even though Boe was weak, this pair has proven that they're not a one time wonder.

3. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

Plenty of time for them to prove themselves to the Chinese team.
    They remind me of a reverse CY/FHF combo, solid play, all out attack style.
    I think once they bag a few more titles and settle down their play, then they'll really solidify their game.
    If both the players improve up to CY/FHF levels (which you can't really ask for), I can see them being even more formidable than CY/FHF.
    FHF used to have shockingly terrible defense, but Qiu (though not strongest) has a fairly solid defensive game.
    Right now they need to up their level of defense to what all the koreans have, and smarten up by adding more variety.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    which actually begs the question.

who will play MD in the Sudirman Cup? Fu/Cai or Qiu/Liu?

5. SigH-Max

SigH-Max Regular Member

Solid display from the Chinese pair, I really like them !

6. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    This indeed is a very legitimate answer... After LOG2013, followed by rumor that CaiFu gonna retired soon, i start thinking that China will face difficulties finding a good MD which i mean good enough to challenge BoMo, Korean MD, and friends. Hong Wei/Shen Ye just not that good, Chai Biao keep changing partner. Suddenly Long/Han astonishing performance in 2013 AE really stunned me, especially when i watch their match against BoMo, what a match, Long/Han keep coming after BoMo and finally taken their heart and defeat them. CBA coaches will feel a little bit relieved after this combo achievements so far.

Regarding who will be chosen for Sudirman Cup, it is a very hard question to be answered. CaiFu are among those which are chosen to be trained at Hainan Island in preparation for Sudirman Cup, and so are LXL/QZH and HW/CB. In past several editions of Sudirman Cup, AFAIK China has always won every matches played. I have a hunch that Cai/Fu will still be chosen as their 1st MD since the beginning due to their vast experience in team events unless they are injured.

7. mogek

mogek Regular Member

Who are the 20 players squad for Sudirman Cup in china?

8. julianng

julianng Regular Member

love this pair... they beat boe/mogensen in straight SS tournaments...

they may not be as fast , but they certainly are pretty strong legs...

9. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Liu is very intense...

10. SigH-Max

SigH-Max Regular Member

Nice final MD match. Liu Xiaolong is indeed very intense, that is impressive :eek:

11. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

I think they are undefeatable by now. The are just so...good.

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

They are probably the hottest pair right now..
    Liu Xiao Long is very aggressive and agile on court..But he has to be careful at times as his footwork and gripping are not that consistent at times. Anyway, this is the pair to watch for this year 2013:cool:

13. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

hopefully they aren't going to be like Lee Sheng Mu and Fang Chieh Min, hottest pair for a few months and then can't even get through to quarterfinals.
    I think they'll get analysed by all the other teams to bits now, so expect to see their results to drop for the next leg of SS tournaments)

All new MD pairs seem to have waves of high performance, and only few pairs can stay at the top (e.g. CY/FHF, LYD/JJS, old shool KKK/TBH, and Boe/Mo)

Critically speaking, their most formidable weapon at the moment is LXL's ability to really turn the heat on when they are at a deficit with raw mental strength. Though important to have, I don't think they have the full package of all the skills such as deception, angles and change of pace. The pairs that stay at the top can normally play any pair at their own game and smoke them out. LXL/QZH only really play a fast powerful game. Once they're figured out (I assume after this leg of superseries), then we'll really see the depth of their strength, and how they morph out of their shell. They are otherwise very entertaining to watch, and show the Korean defense can be cracked. :D

14. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I am actually quite sceptical about Cai' s injury. I wonder if he wanted to take a rest like Lin Dan but he did it a way that he didn't have to pay penalty. Nobody knows their condition apart from the chinese team. They certainly will go with the team if they are good enough but I am uncertain whether they will play n MD for China.

15. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    LXL/QZH are a very good pair and is expected to take over from cai/Fu . I think there is still room to improve to become more cohesive and complete pair. They will get better and better.

Regards
    James

16. Hakular

Hakular Regular Member

they suck and their style is ugly

17. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Really? Everybody entitles to their own opinion. In sport, style is important for the fans. But for players what matter the most is a win within the rule in the end.

18. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Therefore all other md pairs must have sucked a lot more since LXL/QZH won the title ;)

Their style is very different from any other pairs, as far as I can compare this. Flat and fast net / drive / push game instead of the common attacking style. It's obviously less enjoying for visitors since there are less of the smash rallys. But on the other hands it's a style which seems to work and which we can learn from.

Their style reveals the importance of the mid-court game. They may have no super smashes (rather weak if I'm allowed to say that), but superb mid-court and net coverage (by LXL).
    LXL reminds me a little bit of Bao Chunlai. Skinny, and little bit creepy moves :p

Oh, wait. Something important to add: The top danes in MD play much uglier. Smashes with handwrists only, delaying serves all the time.
    I also do not know why I always have the feeling that they have a huge antipathy against asians and especially chinese. I can't tell you what they to or act like, but I always have this feeling when watching a game of them.

#58 Accordaz, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  19. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I really love watching this pair. I like their agility on court and their fighting spirit. Between LXL and QZH, in my opinion, QZH is more error prone to LXL. I agree with 0ozafo0 opinion, that LXL is the absolute cracker in this duo, especially with his tremendous speed from mid court to front court and turn opponent's dropshot or placement to their advantage. It is indeed very true that their style of play will be figured out by other duos who are eager to knock them out, however on the other side of the court CBA team will of course evaluate their performance from tourneys to tourneys, from matches to matches, and I am sure CBA will find the antidote.

20. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

I saw this pair the first time actually in the Canadian open in 2010 I think? I think they played LYD and I forgot who is partner is at that time as it was not JJS... Was really impressed with LXL's quickness... They lost to the Korean pair at that time but pushed them to 3 sets if I remembered correctly. They do play a different style than your conventional MD but maybe that's what makes them successful. It is true though their biggest tests will come during the latter part of the season as teams and coaches take note of their play style and try to counter it.