pro's pro MT-200 / MT-300 / MT-400, electronic tension head

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by endFX, Jul 4, 2019.

1. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    Has anyone tried the new prospro tension heads?

There is the MT-200 that is comparable to the wise 2086.
    [​IMG]
    It is probably from a different factory then the wise. Does anyone know the OEM and if it's worth anything?

There is also the MT-300 that looks like the tension head you can get with the latest super stringer machines.
    [​IMG]
    It seems very similar to the super stringer machine and could be the same OEM (or counterfeit?).
    If it is the same machine it could be interesting since you can't get this tension head separately from super stringer. They offer adapter for different machines (even for cranks).
    For 360€ this could be a good alternative to a wise.

Also found a short video:

Update:
    There seems to be a new motor/machine coming from prospro the MT-400.
    Turntable and clamp bases look a lot like Signum/super stringer family. But the tensioner looks new.

[​IMG]

#1 endFX, Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    KWSKJP likes this.
  2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Check out https://www.badmintoncentral.com/fo...stringing-machine-family.180467/#post-2719967.

The OEM of PP machines is Siboasi and they have gotten their own version of the WISE (but no idea who is actually making the motors). Having seen and used the Superstringer version of the round gripper motor, I can directly spot a difference in the gripper which has rougher surfaces and misses the black anodized coating of the gripper plates. No idea about the changes they did on the inside, but I expect those motors to be a low-cost version of the originals - especially looking at the linear tensioning 2086 knock-off.

3. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    KWSKJP and s_mair like this.
  4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Looks indeed a lot like an AEF-made Superstringer sibling when it comes to mechanics. Design of the tension head doesn't look very "new", so that might be an older off the shelf motor from AEF.

Looks like PP finally goes the right way to offer higher quality machines and components.

5. Radu Popeanu

Radu Popeanu New Member

Hello! I am using MT-200. It's 2 and a half years old. Pretty decent stringing electronic head. I'm stringing around 250 rackets/year with it. Had only minor issues. For example, sometimes, especially in high tensions, the motor was making some wierd noises when it was releasing the string after tensioning. Solved that with a light lubrication of the worm shaft. I think I will have to replace soon the diablo head because the plates that are holding the string are starting to wear off (the interior side where the bearings balls are located)

endFX likes this.
  6. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

That's some bad photoshop skills to place the tensioner there and with the company branding added on top. Nut if it is indicative of the final product and they keep the price reasonable then it could be the new budget friendly entry model (with electronic tensioner).

7. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    Did you see this device on an other machine before?

Thanks for your reply. I think the bearing or string gripper wearing off that fast is pretty bad. Is it easy to replace/repair?

Well, unfortunately most shops use this kind of sloppy computer generated pictures instead of real photographs.

Radu Popeanu likes this.
  8. Radu Popeanu

Radu Popeanu New Member

Yes, it is very easy to replace. I just have to find a store whonis selling this part. I haven't looked yet. It is still working fine with a bit of lubrication. Be aware that i have stringed over 700 rackets with no problem at all beside what I wrote in the last post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

endFX likes this.
  9. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    why replace, when u could repair, first level the plates with a,b epoxy, then diamond coat them.

10. Patrick Hough

Patrick Hough New Member

Good evening, could you tell me what is the Brake button on the scrren used for?

11. Radu Popeanu

Radu Popeanu New Member

Sorry, there is no such button on this model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Patrick Hough

Patrick Hough New Member

Thanks, anyway
    It must be on the MT-300 and MT-400

13. nek4d

nek4d New Member

Tomcat user here (MT-400) for about 2 months, very happy with results.
    No previous machine to compare, but everything seems to work great, have had my first ~15 rackets strung fine.

14. Radu Popeanu

Radu Popeanu New Member

Over 700 rackets strung on MT-200 with no issues, but basic maintenance (greasing the wormshaft and cleaning) every 3 months is a must for me

15. RichF

RichF Regular Member

Looks like the SuperStringer (i.e. made by AEF) T70, not sure about the tension head, possibly WISE innards in a different body?