Promotional ideas

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Magwitch, Dec 13, 2022.

1. Magwitch

Magwitch Regular Member

A recent club teams event got some local news coverage, which is giving me some ideas about promotion in the likelihood I get elected to the state board this month. I'm interested to know of any things others have done to get news coverage in places where badminton is a minority sport.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Why and how did the local news pick up on the event? Which reporter(s) was were involved?

Maybe you can channel events through this particular reporter, have someone take photos specifically for that reporter. Having news is good if people can easily follow-up being able to find more information with regards to local events.

Badminton England did a really excellent video on Osterley Badminton Club. Recommend watching it and perhaps profiling some junior and senior clubs in a similar way.

Des your state have a YouTube / Instagram channel ? Can put some videos of matches and community involvement on YouTube. not only the matches but also clips of background organization showing the social and community aspect.

Websites are one source of information but it updates are haphazard. A channel on Instagram or other social media might be better for current events.

3. Magwitch

Magwitch Regular Member

This was a teams event about 250km away. My impression is that the local club contacted the media, but I've just sent them a message asking.

Badminton NSW appears to have an Instagram page, though there are two, and one seems old. I'll have to query this, but neither are very active at present.

Cheung likes this.