Professional players and their racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Josh, Oct 13, 2001.

Tags:
  1. esppy

esppy Regular Member

http://www.badzine.net/2019/01/korea-goes-back-to-yonex-after-10-years/

The low down? BKA messed up, Victor ditched them, and who else but the biggest and only one capable more or less took it back.

Quentin11 likes this.
  2. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

It made no difference whatsoever! Momota changed from AX88D to AX99 and we could see a slight difference. Ginting changed from VTZ2 to AX88D and you can see the difference.

But I don't understand SWH.

3. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

That goes to show racket specs are probably not the most significant aspect in one's abilities to play. Although it can help some players who are more sensible to specs and changes. Or may be it helps them from a mental aspect? Nonetheless, pretty unbelievable play from SWH yesterday after the switch!

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Are you seriously saying that there is a visible difference in their game that is caused by the different rackets? And different in those two cases meaning rather minor differences in actual racket specs. No way. For pro players, I think every other aspect has a bigger impact on the actual game than the racket.

E x a c t l y!

Still, one could ask why he was holding on to that out-of-production MX80 for such a long time when apparently he's rather flexible in regards to adapting to even crucially different racket specs.

LenaicM likes this.
  5. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

No I never said it changed their game! A racket switch will not change the game of anyone - it can facilitate or exacerbate the game of a beginner to intermediate at least.

But you could see - give or take - a slight difference in the delivery of the shot.

For SWH though it looked the same despite moving to a very different thing.

6. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Good question... May be was attached to it or simply never felt the need for a change. Bizarre assuming Victor must have proposed different options to SWH along the years to market their new rackets.

7. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    If a racket don't make any difference or just by a very small margin we won't see so many repaints, KRP, MYP, HKP coded or custom spec rackets so often. Li Ning also have pro spec rackets, because impossible to imagine what some chinese players use. Shin Baek Chol also used a VTGZ some time ago. I wouldn't be fixed too much on the colorways. How often got we fooled by some brands? Just remember the 3u ARC FBs or some VTFBs of the Japanese.

On the other hand as a player I also experienced that some rackets played very well and I really regret that they were out of my radar of interest. Who of us really played a VT GlanZ and had some detailed experiences with it? I don't have.

Saru and visor like this.
  8. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Not saying anything on your post, but it just led me to think how LCW suddenly went from messing around with Nanospeeds and a defensive reactive game to outright Armortec then Voltric, using the head heaviest, stiffest YY can deliver (glossing over the ArcZ...), suddenly going hulkamania on the scene, smashing his way to the longest tenure of world number 1.

But yes following what I mentioned on KM’s thread, there are much more reasons (coaching, change of mentality etc) than just that. But on the surface, lol, a massive tilt in magnitude.

Just saying.

9. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

But going from defensive to hulkmania cannot be only down to the racket though.

This kind of thing could be seen when he secretly used the AX88D colored as the LCW Duora 10. His smashes suddenly felt crispier ..crisper...? But yeah you could notice a difference though.

@ucantseeme but this could be only for marketing purposes - heck who knows whether SWH is even using a VTGZ??

Not sure anyone had any interest in VTGZ so far. Maybe he is using an AX88D colored as a VTGZ. But this was an opportunity for Yonex to sell some VTGZ?

justinloong likes this.
  10. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

common when you have such retrieving skills like Son Wan Ho, you can beat the crap out of calibars and astroxes any day :D so this switch just proves the point once again - racket does not matter at all :)

LenaicM likes this.
  11. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Good point, could be a paint job but I wonder why would Yonex try to market this model at the moment but yes who knows...

12. esppy

esppy Regular Member

So much hype over a racquet advertised for "premium senior players".

And Yonex is not even going to hide any single one bit, lol. With the gear listed out even.

http://www.yonex.co.jp/sp/badminton/news/2019/01/1901211900.html

Along with the international site trumpeting a clean Team Yonex sweep of the event...

Much like how Li-Ning cleared superseries back then..

13. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

What do you mean senior players?

14. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

It's 2019, has Yonex ever made a resolution to stop lying to people about their products or will it be just the same repainting, tweaking their iPhones, err, their rackets I mean?

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

15. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

But Yonex is the best though <3

16. decoy

decoy Regular Member

The racquet was marketed to "senior players". That's not senior in the sense of professional players. That's senior as in people over the age of 50 years.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

esppy likes this.
  17. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Wuuuuhaaaat!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

But it looks too damn cool this thing!

So it is either fake marketing or SWH is using something else. Maybe the new Nanoflares.

18. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I guess that the VT GlanZ didn't turned out as a good selling racket for Yonex. I have often seen it on discount for nearly a year and just have seen a player once at a tournament using it. I could think of that production and demand were very inbalanced calculated and a repaint for a pro can gain attention for a bad selling product. Why not using the attention of the badminton world what the koreans use now to clear stocks of unwanted rackets. The power of the korean influence is huge. Just look at the BS12. Astroxes are selling well, no need for Yonex to boost it.

LenaicM and s_mair like this.
  19. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Agreed, that's what I thought on post 6049. Even I want to try to VTGZ now!

Yonex makes me weak guys...

20. esppy

esppy Regular Member

I'm not saying a repaint is out of the picture but given the short time frame and the appearance of him using first in PBL 18-19, chances are he's using the real thing. And Yonex by right would want him to market the new Astrox, seeing as even Chae is now on the Astrox train no less. Rather than mind boggled with the frame I'm more boggled with the weight. 4U only.

Damn son (pun intended), you adapt quick!

By logical deduction : PBL raids Sunrise India warehouses for the kits and such. So if there's something that SWH likes, by all means go for it. Or he can use his MX80 sans stencil. I don't think YY Japan would be in a level of involvement so deep for a league that's in India only though. Plus, SWH/BKA isn't officially signed by Yonex back then, imagine BKA pulling a fast one and getting everybody to Decathlon.
    Hung high and dry, after repainting and customising for a single guy? Who's not even WR1 for long back then, and not even currently? Mt Fuji would erupt man.

My 2 cents are: hey this dude of ours whom we happen to just signed won a WTS500 (SS equivalent), uses VTGZ.... ah oh well f*ck it let's go for a ride in the old glanz bandwagon anyway! Wee!

But also, I would like to be wrong so I know what the son is using for reals. haha. But again, if SBC can wield this, why not Son?

Also: In Japan, the VTGZ is priced SOOOOO HIGH, it's above any plebian AX,DUO,ARC,NR and what have you. It's that one cherry on top of the whole blood multi tiered cake lol! Even with retailer discounts it's asking $305SGD ($225USD) for a JP code. While it's about half that here in SG.

Speaking of which.... LOL the bandwagon is effin' real guys.

[​IMG]

***psst dude won with a obscure frame! Quick, let's move that s*it! Poster up, quick time, on the damn double guys!!!!!***