Predictability & Change-Malaysian Doubles

Discussion in 'India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Ma' started by X Ball, Sep 13, 2007.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It is like your parents give you all facilities you want when you go to college/University...good computer, nice car, allowance,etc.....your success depends on yourself....your parent can guide you to the right direction..at the end ..you choose your way....so we can not blame all coaches all the time....

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

We all know they are struggling..

..esp. for KKK & TBH, but they're young, so give them more time & be patient:cool:...Take a look at INA's MD pair of Kido & Setiawan. How long did they have to wait before finally winning & standing @ the top of the podium in the recent WC??..I'm sure it's longer than KKK's & TBH's last victory, no??..;)

3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    KKK/TBH will be back...dont bash them yet.....they will come back as stronger pairs....

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Glad you got the point. ;)

5. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    ya...kido/setiawan need 4 years to be wc champ :D
    if i'm not wrong,
    markis/kido's first appearance in Grand prix tournament was in I0 2003.. they was defeated by zheng bo/zhang yang in the final.

6. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

You can if by providing all the support, they also make all the decisions all the time.That's how some parents mess up their children's lives. They also decide what their children should study and work for a living.
    Similarly, coaches who don't ask for input from players like what tournaments they want to go for or skip, can be blamed.If players are given a choice and made a decision themselves, then they are committed to deliver....There are other decisions players should be involved. The point is: It helps players think better at crunch time and also to take responsibility for their choice.

7. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    asking rexy to quit is ridiculous. to me, rexy is great! KKK/TBH lost! So what? You can't win all the time. CY/FHF also lost, LYD/JJS also lost, LWW/CTF also lost, JE/MLH also lost. Why not ask those respective coach to quit as well!!!!????

8. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    Back to XBall initial comment, i somehow elect to disagree.

i think TBH is "not bad" at the front and KKK is also "not bad" at the rear. Yes, the best configuration is still TBH at the back and KKK at the front.

I haven seen the JO match where they lost to Luluk/Alven but i am sure they lost because Luluk/Alven played better and not because they were able to pin KKK at the back etc etc.

Or maybe KKK/TBH just lost because they were too eager!

9. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I fink TBS can be possibly the future of MAS MD, it all depends on who will he to partner with.. The combination of TBS/OSH doesn't seem really works..
    It will not be a wise move to separate the KKK/TBH partnership, they both just playing in the competition for only one year.. It is too early to judge they were failed..

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

By having being given so much without having the need to strive for it, one can be a spoilt brat. You wont have the hunger and tend to develop the wrong attitude.

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Well they better come back soon cos' the Olympics is less than a year away.

... but I am pretty sure the typical Msian mentality will again come into play should they fall flat in Beijing. We will take out our usual broken violin and play that familar "dont bash them, they are still young and will be stronger in the future" tune

12. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    there is no such thing as total domination in a sports... even Roger Federer loses sometimes... just tat there is a day where they will lose... it may consist of many factors... from what we are looking now is their tactics, strengths, weaknesses.. but form they are currently in takes in consideration too.. it might just not be their day.. Feng Yun losing in an early stage isn't something that happens always.. maybe after WC, they trained less which made their mentality towards tournaments is lower than usual.. they are not built up gearing up for JO.. their main priority was WC.. and when it was over, they have been to relaxed in training unlike what they did gearing for WC... just wait and see in bigger tournaments when they start to shine n stand on the podiums again... :D

13. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    don rule them out just yet... ppl did say that they wont win the AE this year and in which they did.. and when ppl were putting toooo much hope and pressure on them for WC, they fell miserably flat... just go with the flow.... :D they might be able to achieve a breakthrough.. :D

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Roger Federer has 12 Grand Slam titles todate since 2003. And he won the US Open and Wimbledon 4 & 5 times in a row, dude. No such thingy as total domination? :rolleyes:

I can list down a few others as well, if you want.

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I am sorry but their AE win is looking more like a flash in a pan thing, just like Hafiz Hashim.

Well, I hope I am proven wrong and I will happily eat humble pie. But I am a realist and in Malaysia, I know the "Malaysia Boleh" culture too well. For example, look at our football. In the Asian Cup we were hammered left and right. And when we won the Merdeka tournament last month beating 'mighty' Myanmar, suddenly our football standards are on the up again. We like to humour ourselves with false pretense in Malaysia.