Potential Upgrades from Yonex Voltric 7 DG?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ChaosAdm, Sep 28, 2022.

1. ChaosAdm

ChaosAdm New Member

Hey folks! I have owned a single racket, the Yonex Voltric 7 DG for over 4 years now and I am looking to upgrade to a better racket. Unlike the Voltric 7 DG which falls in the 3U category, I would like to go for a lighter racket this time (4U). Any suggestions/recommendations for me?

• I am a high-level beginner/low-intermediate player
    • I don't think I can make optimal use of a very stiff racket like the Yonex Astrox 100ZZ (Have had no proper training so my technique isn't really great)
    • I would like the racket to give me an edge in accuracy and defense while also having some power generated by the racket itself during attack.
    Current Racket: Yonex Voltric 7 DG
    Current String: BG80 Power
    Current Tension: 25 lbs

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

If you had strict budget then Astrox also had DG series.
    Astrox are successor of Voltric
    Also had similar naming. DG 1/5/7/10
    & Its come in 4U

Tho Yonex also release Astrox Play version which also 4U & also cheaper.

Regardless Voltric & Astrox play different.

3. ChaosAdm

ChaosAdm New Member

I don't really have a tight budget. What would be the best racket for me as an upgrade considering the points I stated in the post?

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Voltric are big hitter while Astrox are rapid hitter. The closest are Astrox 99 for being the head heaviest, but its not an easy racket to tame. Especially knowing you mention high beginner/low intermediate. 88D might be easier but well... As i said it play different.

Does your racket broken? If not, dont rushing it. Borrow many different friend racket to see which one do you like. Get more insight of what racket characteristic you like.

5. ChaosAdm

ChaosAdm New Member

Okay thank you! ❤️

6. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

A new racquet won't improve your accuracy and defense in the way you want it to.

Pay a trusted coach, within 10 hours they should be able to improve your game way more than using a different racquet would. Especially when you describe yourself as a low intermediate player.