Post your Ashaway, Apacs Rackets here

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by gabxzz, Jun 15, 2006.

1. morewood

morewood Regular Member

I have no problems clearing back line to back line with mine and very few people will rush in if they fear I may be about to smash :D. Powerwise my old Carbonex 5 probably had the edge but it was strung at lower tension and has way less touch control.

2. kiwi hacker

kiwi hacker Regular Member

Stringer
    I also use the TiMax 8800, very nice racket, at the price it is NZ $120 it is unbeatable, unfortunatly there are limited stock left in nz and it is not being carried over into next season. I am one of the contracted players in NZ, so im not being bias but this is a really good buy at this price. Nice and head light, and also has a extra string in it than normal rackets which means it strings up rather nicely.

Had the privilege the other day of being the 1st nz'er to demo the new range for next season, looks vey good, The top racket in the range will be the Nano legend, very interesting racket, 2 extra mains and 4 extra crosses than a normal racket wich means if you string it @ 22lb will actually be 26 because of the extra string. was nice through the air and while driving the shuttle, wasnt the most powerful racket in the range but felt nice enough to give it a try, also i am used to the head light TiMax 8800 so i dnt like the slightly head heavy rackets alot. The second Racket in the range is the Nano Force 9000, this was my favorite, Looks exactly like a nanospeed 9000, but lighter and has a longer shaft, i liked this one so much i had to string it up and train with it the 3 days i had the rackets :) The 3rd in the range is the xt 200 nano kevlar, this is probably my second favorite, as it is same sort of build as the TiMax, but is a bit stronger i believe, it is a little bit more flexable as well but had a very nice balance to it. The next racket in the range is the nano flex, again a nice racket felt good, just again i am a power player so would prefer a stiffer racket, Next is the replacemet for the TiMax, it is the Nano Dynamic, it has a feel to it like a Nanospeed 7000, i didnt hit with this particular racket, but i have a feeling it will be quite popular with the players looking for the middle of the range rackets.
    They also have 2 more cheap rackets, look not to bad, but nothing you guys would want to buy lol

hope this helped a few of you guys out and answered a few questions

3. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

I would expect the nano legend to give lower power given the significantly stiffer string bed. For people who can hit very hard, this could well be a very powerful and interesting racket that will extend string life considerably. The increased air resistance by the 6 extra strings may or may not be significant. Although these undoutably add weight to the head, which should be positive for power.

#23 CoolDoo6, Nov 4, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  4. kiwi hacker

Stringer
    yeah but the flex point is quite high, so it feels a little different, but again the racket you use all comes down to your preference and mine is to flex a little lower

5. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

What do you mean by flex point ?

I feel positive towards Ashaway products. The only reason I haven't bought an Ashaway racket to try is that all their rackets are rated as medium flex or high flex. I need no flex on my racket at all.

6. kiwi hacker

Stringer
    where the racket flexes, so for most its in the middle of the shaft, for this one it flexs higher so it feels alot differnt, its hard to explain, dnt want to get your hopes up and say it doesnt flex, cause all rackets flex a bit, but i think it flexes slightly less

7. stabmasta

stabmasta Regular Member

Guys...i'm currently using Apacs Nano666Power at the moment with YYBG68Ti strung at 26lbs. I'm getting along well with this racket...feel more solid than my previous Apacs Nano9000Pro strung with YYBG80 at 26lbs. I guess i prefer head heavy rackets at the moment. Can someone suggest me other head heavy Apacs rackets?? Thanxx guys!!

8. virays

virays Regular Member

:p Hi :
    I just bought my Ashaway nano super light 79 SQ and never used it before. going to test out this saturday..
    do you mind to share your experience with this racquet ? i was told this racquest is lightest in the market , only 65gram

9. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

Are you sure about the weight ? The Ashaway brochure stated it as 75g ? I suspect it is a lot heavier. If the racket is really 65g with the factory grip and without string, I would probably buy one to try.

10. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    Anyone have the Ashaway Electro rackets and can give a review?

Does anyone know where are Ashaway rackets made?

11. Leomich

Leomich Regular Member

Clerk
    I am Ashaway fan too...
    4 of 6 my rackets are Ashaway, such as Aero Tec 700 Defence ( as same as YY AT800 DE ) ..
    Comparing with the same level of Yonex racket, I find the Ashaway racket is more cheaper .. but there is not sufficient ( or none ) info for the Ashaway racket, such as balance ( head heavy, light ), stiff, for double players ... however you can see the detailed info for YY rackets.
    Maybe there is but I don't know ... Pls tell me the website link for such if you got ones, thanks.

#31 Leomich, Mar 26, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  12. Yamster

Yamster Regular Member

Has anyone heard of the Ashaway Powerflex 3000.
    I have one of these, used to be my main racket before I switched to Cab20 TourSpecial then now currently MP99.
    Haven't seen anyone post this model yet.

13. zhafir92

zhafir92 Regular Member

form 5 2009
    just got an apacs nanopro 9600 tour. its a 2u n stiffer than my 3u apacs nano9000speed. the power is great. feel is solid. a great buy for me

14. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

How much is it priced at?

15. zhafir92

zhafir92 Regular Member

form 5 2009
    rm140. could be cheaper i think. anyone owns a nanopro classic or nanopro magic?

16. rommel6774

rommel6774 Regular Member

accountant
    hi there! anybody who got an ashaway nanoforce 900? what's the ideal tension for this racket(a balance between control and power)? it is rated to accept a 22 - 26lbs string tension... :)

17. wakloo69

wakloo69 Regular Member

librarian
    My apacs
    1. nanospeed 555 4UG2 (grey colour)
    2. power concept 1100 3UG3 - need to know any comment/experience from apacsian first before decide to buy it. Please let me know...Thanks!

P/S : no experience with ashaway yet....

18. zhafir92

zhafir92 Regular Member

form 5 2009
    after a further two hours of testing, i can say that the nanopro 6000 has quite a bit of vibration. other than that , its quite ok.

19. roller

roller Regular Member

believe it should be ashaway nanoforce 9000. cosmestics are similar to yonex NS9000. currently using the white nanoforce 5000. its a very powerful doubles racket imho

20. rommel6774

rommel6774 Regular Member

accountant

ah yeah, i stand corrected its ashaway nanoforce 9000...

got already mine...

ashaway nanoforce 9k
    3U G2