Post your Ashaway, Apacs Rackets here

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by gabxzz, Jun 15, 2006.

1. gabxzz

gabxzz Regular Member

student
    Hi... dun mind me... was juz getting tired of ppl saying "post your yonex here", " wad yonex do u use" no offence intended.:D ... so for the record.. lets juz post out ashaway and apacs brands here... yeah.. prob nothing will come out of these but its worth a try.. haha.. support me ppl..

1. I started with a AM 7000?... really cheap racket..
    2. Ashaway TI MAX 5000 the beginning of my love affair with Ashaway:cool:
    3. Ashaway Nano Kevlar.. My current

I wanna get some Apacs.. haha... wait till I get the cash hahax:D

2. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

Just a post to support you

Used to have:
    1. Apacs Nanopower 7000 - Too headlight for me. :(
    2. Apacs Nanopower 8000 - Nice balance, but tend towards headlight, good control.:)
    3. Apacs Amorpower 850 - Too light for me. :(
    4. Apacs Amorpower 700 - Too light for me. :(

Currently using:
    1. Apacs Nanospeed 9000 - Even balanced, still trying to get used to it. But nice feel to it. :)
    2. Apacs Nanopro 7000 - Head heavy and very stiff, play already arm ache...but more power on the smashes, i quite like it actually. :D

3. gabxzz

gabxzz Regular Member

student

Thanks Vince :D

4. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

No problems. ;)

5. tangy

tangy Regular Member

student
    i had a ashaway tmp 5800, but it broke.
    currently using ashaway tp 990, very good racket

6. Xanify

Xanify Regular Member

I'm currently using an Ashaway Power 88. Trying to get used to Ashaway's thick frames. Good control and rather powerful.

7. Xanify

Xanify Regular Member

I'm exchanging my AP 88 for a Ashaway Nano Super Light. I just can't get the feel of the AP 88.

8. gabxzz

gabxzz Regular Member

student
    heard that it is a good piece too... love the nanos.. haha

9. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

I am using TMP 990 string at 27lbs (thanks to Kong-19). It's has very good feel and power.

10. 450450

450450 Regular Member

I have a Ashaway Nano Surpreme Kevlar. Nice whitey colour ;)

11. tangy

tangy Regular Member

student
    45450- would that be red and white in colour?

badfever- i agree with you, i have a tmp 990 at 24lbs and it has a good feel

12. kikks9

kikks9 Regular Member

Hi all,

I have just joined the ashaway club. I bought the Ashaway xt-200 kevlar nano 3u-g2. Anybody heard of this ashaway model before ? Where can I find more information regarding Ashaway racquet range, because if my testing of this racquet is succesful hehehe I could be getting more Ashaway racquets in future.

Going to test it out tomorrow. Will post a feedback report :)

Thanks everybody.

btw the racquet is green in color

13. kikks9

kikks9 Regular Member

Short review of Ashaway Xt-200 kevlar nano, played for about 1.5 hours with the 2 racquets. As I have not changed racquets for many years, I found it to be quite flexible and very light (maybe it is because I have been using a dinosaur racquet). The head of the racquet has the words "kevlar reinforced power frame etc etc marketing mambo jumbo), it is thick (i like thick heads) and the shaft was very thin. I am still looking for something stiffer and I had a good price for one of the Ashaway Muscle series with titanium (8000 or something like that ), so I may end up getting that as well. Racquets are so expensive in Aust, grrrrr....not happy jenn (Ppl in Aust or from, may remember the Yellowpages advert. on TV sometimes ago). Let me play a few more times with the racquet before I can give a better report. The racquet paint job is outstanding.

The Abspower 120ti I only had 1 game with it, testing only because I am bringing it back to Aust for a friend. I found the racquet very solid and stiff, just what i was looking for but still abit too light. It says 4u but i felt that the Ashaway which was 3U to be lighter. Like what i said, maybe I have been using a dinosaur before this so with all these new technology eheheh I have to adapt everything. Drop shots and defence were very good, no extreme vibrations (which I had with the ProAce Thunderbolt 2) but a nice solid feeling when u "caress" or hit the shuttle. Smashing power, still not used to the racquet and its new sweet spot.

Like what alot of people in this forum say, it is all about the technique.

I swapped back to my trusty Pro Ace WB28 later because I missed it hehe. But so sad seeing all the broken grommets and the damage done. Oh well.... just waiting for either the strings to go or the racquet to display a stress fracture and it is sayonara.

p/s I strung the Abspower with BG-68 ti. The Ashaway was strung with Ashaway Powergut 66. Need to support other companies for competition and I like to try new things anyway :), hoping to discover a diamond :) The tension for both were 24/25.

14. gak_12

gak_12 Regular Member

I`m a supporter of ASHAWAY too....
    A Big supporter.....
    I`ve tested.....
    Nanotec 8000SQ
    Aerotec 30
    Nano Force 5000
    Nano superlight
    Nano superlight 75SQ
    Nano Slim
    TMP 8900 Nano
    Nano Titanium
    Nano Flex - My number one choice

They make very good racquets at a very good price.

15. Nikchan

Nikchan Regular Member

Student
    i just bought myself a Ashaway Ti Max 8800. its really light - 4U G2. havn't tested it out fully yet, came factory strung at 20lbs. i was using an mp88 before, need to get used to the stiff frame and weight difference. mp 88 was medium flex.
    racquet's white in colour - isnt very good looking but its an excellent value. i got the racquet and a double racquet Ashaway bag for NZ$120, which is pretty damn cheap for this racquet i feel.
    will post on how it feels after i test it.

16. morewood

morewood Regular Member

Currently use an Ashaway Nano Titanium strung with powergut. Find it a well balanced racquet with power and control. Modifications that I found necessary though where to replace the micropower strings (they where prone to breaking) and to thicken the handle with tackgrip.

17. ToMitch

ToMitch Regular Member

Anybody here have any experience with the Ashaway Superlight 79SQ?

18. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

I don't have any Ashaway rackets. But I just believe some of them must be very good. The only thing stoppping me buying one to try is that they all appear light. A name like Superlight is especially worrisome. I find it impossible to comprehend the possibility that lightness and power can be combined into a racket. But I should be interested to see people's views on the power of Ashaway rackets.

19. B-KJoe

B-KJoe Regular Member

Student
    I have Apacs NanoPower 7000, PowerConcept 900.
    I using Ashaway NanoTec 8000. From what i felt, Ashaway rackets are certainly better than Apacs rackets... Apcs rackets felt very empty feeling, hollow feel, light....i only use it for some backup & making up shortage rackets....Ashaway rackets, those Ashwood, Ash kevlar seems good, many of my mates are using... I used to have Ashaway Aerotec 800, head heavy type, and quite solid. Regret trading with the NanoTec 8000 though.

20. Nikchan

Nikchan Regular Member

Student
    following up on my testing of Ashaway Ti Max 8800. The racquet certainly has a smaller sweetspot than isometric frames, but the frame looks like a cross between traditional oval and isometric. Very light, lots of power in sweetspot. The control is a bit elusive though... maybe i just need to get used to the racquet, but my net shots and drops from baseline are not that good with this one. factory tension at 20lbs is quite low too.. Also, i find the shuttle hitting the frame a lot. Is it possible that the racquet may be a touch shorter than other racquets? Lots of twisting forces on impact too, the racquet is being twisted and the shuttle is losing its original path.

but definintely a racquet worth buying. excellent value for price, just need to get used to it.

anyone else have any experience with this racquet?