Post videos of yourself playing

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by GTAveteran, Apr 8, 2009.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Video of our latest match day, first MD of the day for me....not quite satisfied. There's progress (movement is better than a few weeks ago), but I still miss my old stability and speed. Getting better every day now, though!

[video=youtube;69CIj4hHqzk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69CIj4hHqzk[/video]
    I'm the tall guy with black shirt/grey shorts, btw.

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

How much you stand at ???

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'm sorry? Do you mean how tall I am? That would be ~1,90m, like Chen Long iirc. Taller than Ko Sung Hyun, Lee Yong Dae and Kim Sa Rang for sure :D

4. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

****ing Beast....1.90m OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am only 1.80m :crying:
    Can you give me your 0.03 m :D

#2384 Nine Tailed Fox, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  5. OhSearsTower

OhSearsTower Regular Member

6. amleto

amleto Regular Member

@j4ckie , why do you never get a partner that can serve!? :D

I've watched a bit more. I have the impression that all(?) of your + your partner's low serves were to the T, and a big majority of their replies were to deep b/h. There was no variation and you rarely ever got the upper hand. Neither of you seemed to cotton on.

#2386 amleto, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I don't know. To be honest, I have the feeling only 2 other guys in my team can serve well at all, and one is fairly inconsistent. Sadly, those two have the only kind of stable partnership which plays tournaments as well, and thus they play matches together (most of the time). Anyhow, we had trouble getting through their defense, and my partner wasn't up to their returns.
    Thanks for pointing out his serve habit - I didn't pay attention, and it's actually vital that you vary it! One of my favorite things to do on my own serve :)

8. amleto

amleto Regular Member

About their defence - the dark haired opponent was taking a fair amount of liberties in his positioning and was also very sideways-on. I think if you had targeted his forehand defence more you would have had some success

9. Suresh.K.M

Suresh.K.M New Member

Manager
    Somebody playing badminton at Pattaya or Chonburi?

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Spot on. Iirc I mentioned something like that in a break, encouraging my partner to smash across his body...but not 100% sure on that :D Shouldve played a few clears to him as well, he really steps forward a lot....but that kinda thing is hard to notice for me mid-rally, at least when I'm at the back

11. ali_guraiffi

ali_guraiffi New Member

Photographer
    [video=youtube;ZLNElpcNB_4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLNElpcNB_4[/video]

in muscat Oman

12. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

I wonder. What division are your team playing in? And how many divisions do you have in Germany?

13. OhSearsTower

OhSearsTower Regular Member

it depends on the state

in Niedersachsen it is 13 Divisions and Jackies video is from the 5th division (Niedersachsen + Bremen)

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

We're currently in the 5th division, with a varying total (depends on where you are, in my area there are 14).
    They are organised in a pyramid structure, so while there is only one 1st division, there is 2 2nd divisions, and they split further on every level. The highest 4 are organised by the National federation, the next few by the respective state and so on. The lowest divisions are at a local level (the lowest 6 are basically just in the larger city area for me).

15. FeatherBlaster

So, that would place you in "Unter Oberliga Nord A (LV BRE)" ?

Approximately the same number of levels in Germany as we have in Denmark then... Except I'm not sure what is covered in your local leagues (depending on that, we might have more).

But badminton, unfortunately, has been declining in Denmark for some years now, so I guess we have about 4 division levels less now than we did 20 years ago. And new entry teams can enter 2 levels higher now I think (the lowest divisions has free entry).

I do think however, that the Danish 5th best division plays a bit stronger than what I see from your videos. But it's often difficult to compare badminton seen live with badminton seen from a video (without 10 camera angles).

In Germany, what are the team size in the leagus?

Here we play 6 matches in each team match in the "Badminton Liga" (the premier division). Each player only playing 1 match out of 2MS, 1WS, 1MD, 1WD, 1XD.

Starting from "1st division", and 7-9 levels down, we play the most usual structure of team matches: 13 games: 2XD, 2WS, 4MS, 2WD, 3MD (= 4 ladies, 6 men, all playing two matches: either singles or mixed doubles, and all play "clean" doubles). Then in the lowest levels we play smaller teams.

But we have a separate structure for the leagues of "Leisure players", also divided into many team sizes and combination of matches (4, 6 or 8 players, mixed/mens only, with singles or doubles only, etc). And those are all divided into like 5 levels also. But this is NOT considered part of the same structure as the "main leagues".

Finally we have separate leagues for "experienced" players :) Divided into 4-5 levels and age groups 40+, 50+, 60+

You are allowed to play for a team in BOTH the main leagues, AND in the "leisure" and/or "senior" leagues at the same time.

#2395 FeatherBlaster, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Haha sounds complicated :D Team sizes are 4 Men and 2 Ladies at least, we play 2MD, 3MS, 1XD, 1WD, 1 WS. 8 matches in a team match and 2 matches on a day (4th and higher play one Saturday, one Sunday instead).
    With 8 games a match, theres a chance of a remis, with teams splitting the points, and you get 2 for a win. All matches are played, even if the winner is clear already.
    Anyway, never having seen Danish 5th league match I cant compare. But from experience seeing the other matches in my league I can say that my play style looks less spectacular than others of the same level, since I rely a lot on placement and quality of shots as well as anticipation. It's not a whole different ball game, but there are indeed more explosive and athletic players in my league.

There were some guys from a 3rd league team in training on Monday....different level. So much faster, with much more variety in shots than the usual player in my league, forcing me to adapt and avoid certain shots I usually get away with, and putting much more pressure on every single shot...we mixed doubles (me and another guy from my team partnering one of them each), and it was a really enjoyable three-setter as a result. Motivates you to step up your physical training as well :D really want to match that pace of movement!

17. FeatherBlaster

:)

Here, we play for 3 points in a League match.
    When a given League has an even number of matches in a matchup, you play a golden set if it end up in a draw. Giving 2 points to the winning team, 1 to the loosing side. In a clear win (without golden set) all 3 points are warded to the winning team.
    In a League with an uneven number of matches, 2-1 is given for the smallest winning margin (eg. 7-6), while 3-0 is given for all other wins (eg. 8-5 or 11-2).

As in Germany, all matches are played to the end, even though the team match has been decided. Individual matches and sets could prove useful if teams end up at even scores... Also players win points for their matches to the national rankings (at top 5-6 level of the league).

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

MD match from a tournament last weekend....one of my worst competition matches this season, although we were also very unlucky with the draw (9 pairings, we had the only first round match, 3-4 pairs were much weaker but had more ranking points).
    We're on the last court, sorry for the bad view, but the venue was terrible and overflowing with people, so I had no other options...
    On the plus side, I played some really good MD in training the next day, so at least I stopped the worrying trend of playing worse and worse :D

[video=youtube;6TRvFEp6gAk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TRvFEp6gAk[/video]

#2398 j4ckie, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Took a bit of footage in a training session last week. We played against two guests from a different club who play 2 leagues higher, and so far it's been really enjoyable having them in training!

[video=youtube;r4Q-updqNlY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Q-updqNlY[/video]

I'm the tall guys with the yellow&black shirt. [MENTION=120433]kintenka[/MENTION] might know our opponents ;)

20. amleto

amleto Regular Member

I found it interesting that they didn't have many lifts to attack yet still won. Felt like it was down to too many simple errors.

Their body posture looks significantly different to yours when defending. Compare 0:36 vs 5:40

0:55 -> 1:00 racket up! ;)