Polo/T-Shirt vs. Vest/Tank Top

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Sasho, May 24, 2009.

1. Sasho

Sasho Regular Member

What do you prefer, considering the summer that is to come (or has already come)?

Usually I prefer polo shirts with long or short sleeves when it is cold... But cant really understand why some players wear them when it is hot... During summer I prefer vests and think it is shame that major badminton brands dont make vests for men or in poor variety only... /If not LD, there would be none vests at all./
    And most of these brands do make vests and tank tops for women... Not fair I think... And dont see a reason that to be :confused: Is it because most badminton players dont have (or not supposed to have) well developed upper body? If so, I think it is stupid -- wearing vest is because the ventilation, not necceserry to show muscles... Good example are the long distance runners, who wear minimalistic sleevless tops -- most of these people are verry skinny (not much muscles), but wear vests for cooling their bodies. Another example -- basketball players...

Badminton is also a sport, where one is sweating A LOT! And why in that case to wear polo shirts with sleeves :confused:

What do you think?

PS: O.K., I am amateur and does not matter what wear if I like it, but what about professional players?

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I'm quite happy to play in polo tops all year round. It doesn't tend to get that hot in the UK anyway - actually, I wouldn't have thought Bulgaria was a particularly hot place either. I prefer how polo shirts look when you wear them (I'm not a fan of the Rafa Nadal "pirate" look) and they really don't make you any hotter anyway. I take it you are referring to the polos with "Cool-tec" or similar materials used in them?

3. Sasho

Sasho Regular Member

When it is 32-33C out it is about 40C in the gym... It is OK after 9 p.m., but I mostly play in the afternoon... And almost no drift in the gym makes things even worse...

btw, Rafa uses regular shirts since Australian Open...

4. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I know Rafa has switched to a less piraty look now but he's still pretty famous for it.

I'd say that it's all a matter of personal preference (forgot to add this bit on to the end of my first post). If you want to play in tank/sleeveless tops, that's fine. Perhaps you'll get some more input from people about what they wear and why.

5. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Polo shirts with zipper would be nice. I don't like button ones. Sleeveless vest are okay too.