Please, help me to choose a stringing machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Oleg, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Oleg

Oleg New Member

Hi to all! I need some advice to choose a stringing machine.
    I am mostly newbie stringer. Only about 50-70 stringing jobs done on my old ProsPro TX700.
    That was an ugly experience, cause it do not support a frame well, clamps was stagging
    and damage a string or slip regardless of how many times i tried to clean and adjust them.
    Now our club got a new sponsor, so i should to decide: what machine we need to do stringing jobs faster and with better quality.
    Money is not a question, but i see no reason to purchase top-level machine such as Yonex Precision 5000.
    Cause we have to restring only 2-5 rackets per non-tournament day. We have only amateur (200person) tournaments in city twice a year.
    And, as i understood from some topics, there is no reason to use it for stringer, who cant do his job at least for 20 min.
    My best time was about an hour (i do not prestring).
    So i think that i must to decide from:
    1) TennisMan StringMaster Deluxe LE electronics;
    2) Gamma X6-FC or Progression II-602FC as base, and Wise for head;
    3) Alpha from E58-3T to E5.
    As we stationed in Ukraine, my logistics priorities are: Europe, USA, Pacific Asia
    I would be happy to "hear" any your advice or opinion.

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Interesting options that you have there. My thoughts:

1) I'm using the non-LE version for almost 3 years now. Dead solid machine, super low-maintenance, most likely the best clamps and bases of all three. Reputable shop with good customer service to buy from (Tennisman), shipping to the Ukraine will not be cheap, but that goes for all three options I guess.
    Dowside: The LE version seems to be out of stock and I expect a serious lead time due to the current global supply chain issues.
    Upside: The standard version seems to be on stock (https://www.tennisman.de/Weiteres/B...sMan-StringMaster-Deluxe-Elektronik-oxid.html)
    Personal opinion: Add a stand to it and there will be not much difference to the LE, except that it will be noticeably lighter.

2) Also solid machines, but imo one step behind the StringMaster in pretty much all categories. Bases, clamps, mounting mechanics, sturdiness of the turntable...

3) I love the "ring concept" of the E58-3T turntable but sadly, there hasn't been any user feedback from people actually using it. Again, clamps and bases are a notch behind the StringMaster. And a quick google search gave me zero results in terms of a reputable source to buy from.

If money truely isn't an issue, then maybe also have a look at the Alpha Ghost 2. That would be another step upwards in terms of features.

And regarding "faster with better quality" - you will become faster not because of the machine, but mostly because of routine. I was stuck around the 1 hour mark for several months before I fairly quickly moved on the 45 and down to 30 minutes. Currently, I'm doing 25 minutes rather comfortably and I figured that pushing myself to go lower raises the risk of making mistakes that will cost me a lot more time to correct afterwards. In the end it's all about routine and deveolping a smooth workflow and to deliver consistent results.

speCulatius likes this.