Playing badminton with cheering sound in earphones

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Ketan Patil, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Ketan Patil

Ketan Patil Regular Member

Just a doubt, would playing badminton with suitable earphones, playing the sound of the audience cheering in any way?
    Like preparing for the nervousness etc.?

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    why? nervousness is mental. if you know the sound come from earphone, it probably negates it.

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Idk but the more i think about winning, the more burden i feel & more heavy i feel on my feet & hand. Get really nervous & uncomfortable to play.
    But when i just play to have fun regardless win or lose, i can perform quite well & much better.
    So play your own mind.

4. Ketan Patil

Ketan Patil Regular Member

I know it's a stupid question, I was just asking:D

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Well, my 1st time my friend at work put my name to participate corporate tournament, im quite surprise.

1st round tho if i think it again, my opponent lv is quite low but somehow i cant slaughter my opponent. I really feel i had to win, i must win, for my team sake dont do something stupid, dont be reckless. Had to much thing in my mind & totally forget how to play properly & i seriously didnt enjoy the game at all.

My quarter final games, we meet the heavy team. 1 of them is an ex National Player i heard. As its group competition, we think strategy of who come out 1st,2nd, & 3rd. What formation we should use. Whomever meet them, its low chance to win. So, as im new & only play with my team few time only & not to mention my 1st tournament, i say let me try it. We lose whatever it is, get the other 2 team with 2 best pair for both skill & teamwork, just give the rest to pair with me. Without a burden being loss which is quite obvious, i can enjoy & play better. Well, i lose but not in terrible state. At least 2 round, me & my pair can get above 10 point each round (forgot what point exactly as its been quite few year back). Not bad for ex champion agains casual/club player like me i guest.

6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I made the experience that headphones disturb me more than giving any benefit. Just imagine you don't hear anything on your court. Some information get lost in regards of your opponent. Don't underestimate the sound of a hit shuttle. It will tell you something about the overheads at the same you see the opponent. Also in doubles in the frontcourt I go by the ears what my partner hits or if he is in trouble or not. I would not forego that informations from the ears.

If you are nervous it's all in the head. There is some support, but the main thing is in the head. Best way is to become selfconfident and fade out what happens around you.

I normally play the last match on league days which is XD. So all eyes are on me and my partner. Also our result can be the point which decide about a win, draw or loss. When we were guests the home had often a large crowd behind them which cheer for any point of our opponents, and any mistake by us.

Honestly speaking I played the best when I know the opponents are damn good and didn't went on court with expectations or when it was clear that we have won or lost by the points so my result hasn't any power of decision. I normally said that I don't want to know the score of the team. That made me a bit more calm.

It also helped me when people cheered for me. Not when I made the points, when I lost points. That gave my confidence and energy. The more important the people where to me, the more energy I got.

A trick which worked for my partner was in the past to always start warmup and start the game on the side where she don't see much people. She had trouble at torunaments when many people sat at tournaments on the bench to watch.

As you are still young, I think that should be surrounded by nice and supportive people at tournaments. Often you play at new locations. It could be a coach, your parents, family or friends. Even if they don't play badminton. Don't make the mistake to think that you need to show them your best, they are there just because of you and to support you and stay focused.

What really can help to lose a bit nervousness and get used to is when you play recreational at locations where many people and much better players than you wait on the bench and can maybe watch you.

Ketan Patil likes this.