Place to play near Boston, MA

Discussion in 'USA East' started by WonderfulChild, Sep 20, 2017.

1. WonderfulChild

WonderfulChild Regular Member

Hello,

I'm new to the Boston area (more specifically Pembroke, MA). Looking for suggestions on places to play around here. Close to Pembroke would be nice, but I'm open to places a little further away too as I will have a vehicle in the next week or so. Clubs or drop-in are both fine. I'd like to find places so that I'm able to play at least 4 or 5 times a week. I'm an intermediate player. I've had a ton of trouble sourcing recent and valid information for Badminton in the area. Any insight would be tremendously appreciated!

Thanks!!

2. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    Boston badminton is your best option. It's in westborough but people come from far away to play there, even R.I. as it is the only dedicated court specifically made for badminton. Also they have a Olympian Eva Lee that trains there (and coaches). It's a really great place and the owners are very nice.

3. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
  4. WonderfulChild

WonderfulChild Regular Member

Darn, that is really unfortunate news. I didn't think I'd have to travel 1 hour 15 min each way just to play Badminton. Is it really that unpopular in the USA? In Canada and England it's rather easy to find places to play within 15-30 min no matter where you are located.

=(

5. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    Sadly it really is that unpopular. Although check local YMCA's as some might have a night of badminton in your local area.

6. Michael Boyle

Michael Boyle New Member

Try MATTBC in Waltham, they actually have professional courts unlike BBC which is why i stuck with them. i do like the level of play at bbc it's just way too far like you said. I live in Andover and spent quite some time trying to find good clubs near me so I'd be curious where you finally settled on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk