Pick-A-Winner (PAW) #18 – DUTCH OPEN - 2007

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by Sandy, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Now I understand your reason but I could not change as I was not online during the SF and F stages.

However, your reason for not recognizing "walkovers", despite the fact that the BWF and the tournament organizers approve of them for valid reasons, just because some PAWers may have "insider knowledge" may not be acceptable, at least by me, since I played fairly. Those who resort to points sensitive "insider information" are cheats and if they win as a result, they will bear with the guilt feeling throughout.

Our PAWs game carries no tangible prizes and should therefore be less discriminating. We have seen before that cheating in various forms have happened in major tournaments by even the professionals themselves, so compare this with our basically fun entertaining PAW game, we should be less demanding.

It makes live easier for you and PAWers if walkovers are counted as wins for the opponents. I therefore recommend that you seriously consider this change. ;)

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    :D:D for the Prize? Loh or Xball has to get me sate and Carlsberg when I am in KL....:D:D

Beating LOH in PAW is priceless...hehe

3. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

As long as you don't 'punch me in the nose' as you threatened to last time, I will buy satay any day anywhere.:)

4. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Good!!...buy me a lot of Sate then I will be nice...if not..:mad::mad:....:D:D hope to see you in KL...:D:D

5. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    i hope superseries final will be held in jakarta.. you must buy us satay and nasi padang to replace "punching you in the nose" :D :D :p

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Wah, I didn't know I'm so valuable! :rolleyes:

For that I'll buy you both sate and Carlsberg when you come to Singapore! ;)

7. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

If you checked the betting site, W/O results will be cancelled.

The W/O result isn't issue in PAW other forum because they can change with other forum. The opposite they want the unfinished match to be called invalid match and replace with others while I still decided as valid PAW.

#387 Sandy, Oct 22, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  8. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Satay is cheap in Malaysia. Only 60c-80c per stick. 20 sticks and you will be bloated. If I were to visit you in HK I would insist on Roast Goose in return.:D

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I'll remember that. How about the Brewery down at Clarke Quay for that 'long cool dane' ?

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Ah, very quick at the draw but you shot the wrong target! ;)

The word 'both' in my response to Rudy only is for 'both sate (satay) and Carlsberg", not sate alone.

But I'm waiting for your treat first, ideally at the Clarke Quay joint you just mentioned, maybe during Christmas! :cool:

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

You said I will buy you both (meaning Rudy and me), not I will buy you satay and Carslberg too. That is why I thought it was my lucky day in that Loh has become generous.

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huangkwokhau
    for the Prize? Loh or Xball has to get me sate and Carlsberg when I am in KL....

Beating LOH in PAW is priceless...hehe

Wah, I didn't know I'm so valuable!

For that I'll buy you both sate and Carlsberg when you come to Singapore
    !

Playing with words and putting it out of context! :rolleyes:

Just to bring you back to the dialogue between Rudy and myself as shown in our post above. "Both" refers to two items, satay and Carlsberg! :D

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Clarke Quay, Singapore, in pictures

X Ball refers to this relatively new and dynamic entertainment venue in his post.

Indeed Clarke Quay, just like Boat Quay and Robertson Quay, were parts of old Chinatown by the Singapore River where Chinese businessmen and traders set up shop in the largely two-storied terraced houses and warehouses by the quayside to take advantage of the thriving business activities in the area and up and down the river.

More than a decade ago, Boat Quay was developed first as a popular site for alfresco dining and wining as it was situated near the mouth of the river. It also has a large pool of office workers in the commercial and financial district located just behind. Then the tourist arrivals boosted the excitement and prosperity of the area.

Clarke Quay is located further inland but nearer than Robertson Quay, which is now being developed as another commercial and entertainment venue.

Bounded by River Valley Road and overlooking the famous Fort Canning Park, CQ is now arguably the most popular wholesome entertainment hub, surpassing even Boat Quay. In addition to eateries, bars and wine shops, there are also venues for music and dance, such as the Ministry of Sound, and even the reverse bungy jumps at a corner adjacent to the river. The French Crazy Horse was there until recently.

A brand new waterfront high-rise apartment and modern shopping complex called "Central", served by the Clarke Quay MRT, is already in place and thriving. Clarke Quay is certainly more conducive than Boat Quay, with its huge hi-tec transparent umbrellas towering over the narrow streets to keep out the rain and to provide cool air on a hot day.

No wonder X Ball chose this place for a 'long cool Dane'!

Here are some pics I took recently at Clarke Quay:

Attached Files:

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-^^Did you..^^

..just take those pictures, Loh??:confused:..Those shops & bldgs seem new but i think i've seen the area in your previous older pics..Or maybe you have taken those pics before but just haven't shown those to us, until now?!;)

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Rather observant of you! Yes I took them on Oct 10 this year. Clarke Quay is close to my office. On that particular day I happened to have my camera with me and I was about an hour and a half early for work, so I decided to pay the place a visit after such a long time. At my office window, I could see the Central coming up over a period of two years now and just couldn't resist taking a peek!

Some recent pictures on the Central and the floating platform (with the soon-to-be open Singapore Flyer in the background) at Marina Bay where Singapore is bidding to host the Youth Olympics and having a grand opening and closing ceremony on water. These pics were taken from my office building.

Attached Files:

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-^^Yeah, those..^^

..i've seen before, Loh;)..But not the ones in your previous post above..:cool: