Phillippines Open 2007 - July 20 - QF

Discussion in 'Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philipp' started by madbad, Jul 19, 2007.

1. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    What do you mean "sometimes", I would assume "all the time":p:D:D:D
    Probably 90%+ of the Malaysian hates me in this forum just because I share a completely different point of view that they do... especially when it comes to Malaysian players' matches. ONLY EXCEPTION is when Hafiz Hashim is playing and we all know what the possible result may be. He is such a pleasure to watch all the time... from leading by a margin to losing at the end.:p

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is perfectly OK to be fans of different countries and different players. afterall, that's what create diversity and makes the world more interesting. the most important thing is to remember to respect others despite their potentially opposing views and support. only when we have respect for each other can we co-exist in harmony, and this applies to any fan, Malaysia, China, Indonesia, and even Wacha fans also. ;)

3. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    INA WD becoming better than INA MD

Hell must have frozen.... :confused:

How come INA's WD are becoming world-beaters nowadays?!? :confused: More than once giving CHN WD a hard time... :cool: :D On the other hand, INA's traditionally strong category (MD) are beaten left and right by CHN and MAS... :crying::crying:

Since the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s INA almost continuously have at least 2 world-feared MD... while our last truly competitive WD were Elisa-Zelin and Lili Tampi-Finarsih in the mid to late 1990s...

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Right now I seldom see any post from a Canadian die-hard fan in BC... er.... except maybe here: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45806
    There is a Pan American game going on, I think... Suddenly a lot of nationalistic fervor are boiling up there...

Maybe one day Canada will produce strong world-level competitors in all categories from MS to XD... I am sure we shall hear many Canadian die-hard fans then... ;)

Is Ardi Wiranata still there? Get some good doubles coaches too... I heard Sandiarto also have left for Canada... he's a good coach too... :) All came from Djarum Badminton Club in Kudus, Indonesia, interestingly...

#264 Krisna, Jul 20, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

INA has the ability to produce top quality players through history, just the recent 10 years or so (after Susi's generation), CHN's women team come in superior power, and INA's development in women player hitting a bottle neck.

It's great to see INA WD taking a step forward, and make the event to be more exciting. However, more or less, it also has something to do with the fact that CHN (as well as KOR) are either testing their young generations or fairly newly formed pairs.

Regardless, it's a warning sign to the other power houses, as the INA WD is catching up. ;)

6. Just4Kicks

Just4Kicks Regular Member

Chef
    I hope the loss of Yang Wei and Zhao Ting Ting to the Indon Girls... ( btw Polii has a lot of fans in the Philippines) might make LYB think about bringing back Zhang Jiewen.

Got a nice pic of Yang Wei too, contrary to her being stone faced in the court she was very nice off court even with the loss,she is very accomodating to fans. Wish ZJW was there though.

7. mAlAn

mAlAn Regular Member

Well,. just wanna share my opinion here (out of badminton a bit), sometimes quite annoying for me when I read (refer to Bold). U refer to what? This is the basic word for Indonesia derives from the Latin Indo (Indus), and the Greek nesos. So nothing (refer to Bold),. OK!!!. Because I know how that word come out to public and what it is the meaning for that word, especially in Malaysia.

U don't want if ur country name (where u born n grow up) being call in a different way isn't it!

ps : Just my 50 cents, Sir, Respect the other and u will earn Respect. Freedom or Die.

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Just a few days ago, I chanced upon photos of China's 1988 Thomas Cup and Uber Cup teams.

Famous names in that TC team were LYB, Tian Bingyi, Xiong Guobao, Yang Yang and Zhao Jianhua. We know that Yang Yang later coached Malaysia's national men's team, together with Han Jian to help Malaysia win the TC. But Zhao Jianhua later became Singapore's national coach, though without much success.

Little known in that TC team was one Zhang Qingwu who now plies his trade in Singapore, coaching privately and having his own sports shop selling mainlly badminton equipment.

The more illustrious members of that Uber Cup 1988 team were none other than Li Lingwei, now representing China in BWF, and Han Aiping, last known from this BC Forum to be coaching in Australia(?).

But from this batch, the less prominent Shang Fumei is presently in Singapore for a number of years now, coaching privately and helping to raise standards in the schools and clubs.

Coaching privately (as opposed to coaching the national team) in Singapore too are two other ex-China lady internationals, Yao Fen and Lai Caiqin, doing much of the same work as Shang Fumei. Lai is known to be coaching the National University of Singapore team, while Yao Fen's proteges are known to be creating waves in the school badminton scene.

I believe Singapore is benefitting a great deal from the experience of these China coaches.
    China's Thomas Cup & Uber Cup Teams 1988

Attached Files:

#268 Loh, Jul 25, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  9. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

ah, quite a find, though i think i have seen these pics before somewhere, hmmm, my memory fails me though.

that 1988 thomas cup team is my dream team, imagine having ZJH playing 3rd singles!

10. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Krisna...until dear Canada produce world level players, please allow us to brag for a moment and have our time to shine...it not that often our baddy guys and gals win anything....and you can in the meanwhile focus more on Febe..hahaha!!!LOL!!:D:D:p:p

11. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    ZJH totally quit badminton bzness and become some kinda consultants in Singapore..! We really miss his game !!:cool:

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    No, he is now a popular coach in China. He even had his coaching sessions recently recorded on DVDs and these are sold not only in China but also in Hong Kong. :)

13. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Sure dude! You have every right to be nationalistic at anytime! ;)