Philippines Open 2007 - July 22 - Finals

Discussion in 'Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philipp' started by robin7, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

China has also been playing a big part in promoting wushu as an international sport. In the past world meets, CHN team often withdraws from about 1/4 to 1/3 of the individual events (if not, they could easy achieve clean sweeps year after year) to give other countries' athletes the chance to become world champions, thus increasing those countries' interest in supporting the sport. Those CHN athletes who were forced to withdraw might be upset but they knew it's for the sport's good - and they just took turn to withdraw (or if one athlete is good for winning 2 or more golds in different categories, they could just withdraw from one of the categories).

2. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

China has also been playing a big part in promoting wushu as an international sport. In the past world meets, CHN team often withdraws from about 1/4 to 1/3 of the individual events (if not, they could easy achieve clean sweeps year after year) to give other countries' athletes the chance to become world champions, thus increasing those countries' interest in supporting the sport. Those CHN athletes who were forced to withdraw might be upset but they knew it's for the sport's good - and they just took turn to withdraw (or if one athlete is good for winning 2 or more golds in different categories, they could just withdraw from one of the categories).

3. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Just plain bias stupidity to say Chinese made products are low in quality and some European or Japan made product is high quality...

4. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    CH is currently showings very fiery form in this PO.. He definitely wana win this title coz he has no chance to participate in WC. He certain wanna proove it to the CHN team that they will miss him after he quit National team.. Based on his recent perfomance.. ONLY LD able to challenge his games.. He is a real fighter in his game plays.. Which was really thrilled the courts heart.. Always retreive impossible smashes & excellent nets play...
    My instinct tell me LCW wont able to win against him later today. CH win takes the solitary title for CHN in here..

5. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Sorry.. No 1 even mentioned about CHN products.. Players is a human not products OK.

6. Carbonexer

Carbonexer Regular Member

Why should LCW should be Overseas Chinese and different from the Malaysian MD when the MD are Malaysia Chinese. Overseas Chinese refers to someone who was born in China but migrating to overseas. LCW was born in Malaysia. Raised in Malaysia. Trained in Malaysia. But his skill was perfected by Chinese and Malaysian coaches.

7. Chu Liuxiang

Chu Liuxiang Regular Member

Currently, Chinese coaches are sharing all the prize money with their players. In order to have more income, the chief coach will send the best players to the SS tournaments in order to grab away all the prize money and also to prevent foreign countries players from collecting too much points from these tounaments.
    So, they will continue to send their best players to sweep 80% of international titles for the sake of their personal income.

8. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Well, I wouldn't predict a match result by just analyzing one player's mentality. I could say LCW also desires to win this to boost his confidence in the upcoming WC - if he couldn't beat CH, how could he beat LD? He certainly wants to prove it LD won't be able to stop him to become the first MAS player to be the world champion. He has also been a real fighter whenever he is motivated. So, all things being equal, I won't just look at one player's mentality to predict the outcomes.

9. Chu Liuxiang

He is referring to the followings :

USAfan vbmenu_register("postmenu_620255", true);

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by X Ball [​IMG]
    Not unless my toilet bowl falls apart !:D

Unless you have a China made one :D

10. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

That's why we argue that this will harm the sport in long term if the trend continues.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    because china is a communist country. This is so obvious. :rolleyes: kung fu wont be like today without bruce lee.

btw, there are many ex chinese pros that are available as coaches, cheap too but no one wanted them. Zhao jinhua, yang yang, plus many others. How come they were not utilized by other countries? Don't blame china. China doesnt hold secrets of badminton like kung fu. China is a weakling only decades ago, they learned from scratch, something ANY countries can do. china werent even allow to play ibf sanctioned tournaments or join IBF in the early days. Stop whining about china domination.

U can blame kung fu on china but not for badminton. :rolleyes:

#71 cooler, Jul 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  12. Chu Liuxiang

Yang Yang is having his own sports equipments business and won't be cheap if someone wants to hire him as coach.:D

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

our previous national head coach for canada makes 120k/year, like 5-6 years ago. I think we can afford zhao JH if badminton canada wanted to. First u guys say china keep their secrets, and now u say they dont come cheap. Make up your mind before u guys criticize.

chen hong and zhou mi are available now, where are the offers from other countries?

#73 cooler, Jul 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  14. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I totally agree with Yang Yang.. He did not earn much in his playing days as the total amount of money he win from any tournaments needs to pays back to his country..
    I has his right not to become a top Badminton coach as working for others not the same feel as having your own bzness... U will earn less mayb.. but the freedom u gain is priceless!

15. Chu Liuxiang

Yes, I agree that Zhao Jianhua is a good candidate. But Yang Yang is a rich business man now and if I am not mistaken, he has moved his family to Australia.:D

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

errrhm, badminton is a product, a sport product. :rolleyes:

17. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

China makes good toilet bowl. Mine is probably from China. As long as they make good toilet bowl and not good players like LD, I am happy.:D

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

u dont get it. Rich people have more free time plus doing something he loves (promoting badminton and his brands) and getting fame of having unbeatable students/pros under his belt - priceless. Beat that.

19. Carbonexer

Carbonexer Regular Member

Off topic abit. I am not being biased here but the fact is China made products are usually low in quality comparing to Japan or Euro made. Thats the fact we all knew very well. But thats healthy for us because we can have better product mix. Now even low income earner can enjoy watching badminton coverage on a cheap China made LCD TV.:D

20. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Do u seriously fink that ZJH/YY interest in coaching a badminton team??? No source ever mentioned that any offer by them self.. I have come across from frans working in mass media that they never even fink about coaching.. so its no the matter of any countries want them.. Its just their personal choice..
    CH/ZM is still in their playing days.. Y should the quit & become a coach at the moments?