PETER GADE'S GRIP (not grap)

Discussion in 'Grip' started by Raymond Wong, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Raymond Wong

Raymond Wong Regular Member

I work for RSL
    Cheers for 2010!

Now, I've been watching PG for a long time, and I have noticed that his ready position doesnt involve holding his racquet with both hands; and therefore lead me to realize that he dosent change his grip much, it usually stays in the middle (the position of his grip.)

If you guys know otherwise, please pitch in your 2 cents, and if what I say is true, WHY?

Go Canada 2010 Olympic Team! WOOOOTT!!:cool:

Ray

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

he doesn't feel the need to hold the racket with two hands.
    Is that why people hold the racket with two hands ? Ah.......
    I have never felt the need to hold the racket with two hands when recieving service, I can change grip easily

3. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    i didnt know there were people that held their rackets with 2 hands...

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

you learn something new everyday !:D:D

5. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Some singles players hold their racquets with two hands: LD, LCW and Taufik all do this; they are holding their racquet by the grip with their racquet hand, and rest the racquet on top of their other hand, which is also raised. Others like PG and BCL don't use their other hand to support their racquet. It's just a matter of preference.

As for his holding position; it's just how he likes to have his hand on the middle of the grip. As for changing grip position, there's no point of using different grips while receiving serve, so you will always see him in the same ready position. He does use different grips during rallies, though its hard to see. I'm sure there are many variations he uses.

I dont' really understand why you ask this question though. It's like asking why I like the colour red and another likes blue....it's all a matter of preference and what makes people feel comfortable. PG plays well with a white towel grip, LD likes using half a towel grip, LCW uses supergrap, it's all their preference.

6. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

peter gade is peter gade, he can do watever he wants
    as one of the commentator often mentions, "he has his own philosophies on how badminton should be played"... although this is referring to his strategy, but i'm sure that he might apply this mentality to grip, changing grip, ready position.. etc
    but yea, he's a great player nevertheless