Peter GADE

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. hungle

hungle Regular Member

Let see how Crown Prince of Denmark taken part in a Solar vehicle competition and drove a circle in Ho Chi Minh City-Vietnam! The Prince is really handsome!

Attached Files:

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    How come there is no photo of the prince's wife, our Australian beauty? :D:D:D

3. hungle

hungle Regular Member

I did not see him appear! Sorry for that Mr.Australian-Chris!

4. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    Peter Gade ended 2011 without a win.
    Actually he should have won the 2011 Copenhagen Masters when at 20-19 in the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] game, JOJ’s shuttle landed out but this was not called out; JOJ then went on to win the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] game 25-23. JOJ, being the younger player, was able to sustain better and won the rubber 22-20.The 1[SUP]st[/SUP] game was won by PG 21-14.
    Peter said,
    I should have won the game in 2 games but unfortunately I didn’t… we had a very tough match after that point. I can be frustrated after that point that got stolen away from me, but on the other hand, it was a great match and that’s what we both wanted.. But it was a great evening, a great Atmosphere and all credit goes to the crowd who made it a fantastic evening tonight
    The above situation again points to the need for a ‘hawkeye’ system and the sooner this is implemented the better for all.

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    It is a timely break in international competitions, says Denmark’s ace Peter Hoeg Gade
    http://blogs.bettor.com/It-is-a-tim...ns,-says-Denmarks-ace-Peter-Hoeg-Gade-a123864

Excerpts:

Peter Gade, who is currently number four in Men’s Singles world standings, has been playing tremendous badminton for the last 12 months. His hectic schedule affected his performance as he failed to deliver well in the opening two events of current year.

...Peter Gade said, “I think many of the players are feeling the strain as we are all trying to earn as many qualifying points as we can for the Olympics.”

He further added, “The break has come at a perfect time for me personally and also for the rest of the players. Sometimes you just need to go away and comeback stronger.”

He has also indicated that he will play in a few tournaments before Olympic Games in order to remain physically fit for the mega event, which will be his last tournament as he has decided to take retirement from international badminton.

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    This is good news for Chen Jin

If Peter Gade were to play in a few tournaments before Olympic Games, then this is good news for Chen Jin.

Why? Because Chen Jin would make it to participate in the 2012 Olympic Games.

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Not if CJ is back in the workshop for repairs.... :p

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Saw this while i was on a book fair not long ago.. the 1st thing came to my mind when i saw this book title is peter gade:D IMG0223A.jpg

9. Siege

Siege Regular Member

[video=youtube;3yuPCUh-vVI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yuPCUh-vVI&feature=plcp&context=C326f6b5UDOEgsToPDskLDP_2 yEezfcQaCzf3OWo1i[/video]
    [video=youtube;44wKIrhytpA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44wKIrhytpA&feature=related[/video]
    [video=youtube;0YudvBD_P2A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YudvBD_P2A&feature=related[/video]
    [video=youtube;zwb7rYWbVEA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwb7rYWbVEA&feature=related[/video]

10. Khai_AS10

Khai_AS10 Regular Member

Project Basis
    IMHO, Peter Gade is a very humble person.......

11. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yeah agree.. He is a very humble person, & very welcome when his fans asked for a photo & autograph. Apart from him being a humble person, his spirit to maintain his performance & fitness at this age are points for him to be regarded as One of the Four Heavenly Kings.

12. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

[video=youtube;PwC_VpPZ2Dw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwC_VpPZ2Dw&feature=relmfu[/video]

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    On last lap, Gade wants to give it all

Jonathan Selvaraj : New Delhi, Tue Apr 24 2012, 00:23 hrs

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/on-last-lap-gade-wants-to-give-it-all/940567/

As Peter Gade sweats it out at the Siri Fort courts on the eve of the India Open Super Series, there is nothing to suggest that the 35-year-old Dane is running the last lap of an over15-year-long career or that he is nursing a dodgy right ankle. Not the complaining kinds, the aging star has found a silver lining on the injury cloud as he sets a date to hang his boots.

“The injury is a recurring one. Before, I would try to manage my injuries. But knowing that I have only four more tournaments to go means I can skip surgery. In a way it gives me some freedom because I am not preserving my body for anything,” says the second seed, who plans to play just a couple of tournaments after the London Olympics in July-August.

Despite having a plan in place, things haven’t gone Gade’s way lately. The World No.4 was knocked out of the European Championships, where he had top billing. He later conceded a walkover at the Swiss Open and lost early at the All England Open.

“I haven’t been lucky but I have to admit that others have been playing better than me. At the European Championships, I was leading 18-10 in the final round. I lost from that position. Such things didn’t happen to me earlier but now it’s a bit more frequent,” he admits.

Disappointing farewell

The All-England loss has hurt Gade the most. Scheduling gaffes meant he said his final goodbye to one of his favourite arena at 2.30 am with just the empty stands witnessing the emotional departure.

“It is one of the things that ensures that badminton won’t be like tennis. The All-England title was my first big win and I finished over there in front of an empty stand in the middle of the night. It was disappointing,” he says.

Gade’s decision to wind up his career soon after the Olympics, an event that has never seen him step on the podium, will coincide with a few more famous farewells. “These are interesting times. Even Lee Chong Wei and Taufik Hidayat have said that the London Olympics will be their final tournament and I don’t know how long Lin Dan will continue. In a very short span of time all the big guys will retire,” he says.

While it seems uncertain whether the stocks of badminton-playing countries — excluding, of course, China — can cope with the loss of these icons, Gade remains optimistic. “Our departure will give a chance to all the youngsters to come up. From Denmark I can see a good future for Viktor Axelsen and even India has some good players like Sourabh Verma,” he says.

Gade isn’t keen to be a national coach post-retirement. “One of the reasons I am retiring from the sport is because I have two young children and I want to spend more time with them. If I become a national coach I will have to travel. It will have to be something I will have to balance,” he says.

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Gade's exit will be a big loss to game says Taufiq Hidayat

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...aufiq-taufiq-hidayat-hang-boots/1/185984.html

Avishek Roy New Delhi, April 25, 2012

Excerpts:

"The game will not be the same after Gade's retirement. I was talking to him about that," Taufiq of the veteran Danish player.

"Chinese players are still dominating. There are not enough from other countries to challenge them," he said.

Gade felt the next few years will be interesting for word badminton. "I am going out and then there is Taufiq, Lin Dan, Lee Chong Wei, Boonsak. They will not be there for long either and there will a whole generation change. The field will be open for the youngsters to come up and take the mantle.

"I have been thinking about quitting for a long time and my body is telling me that every day. You keep on pushing yourself but you can't do that always," said Gade, who reached the final of the inaugural India Open super Series last year and is seeded second this year.

"I have good memories of playing in India. I will be looking to give it all one last time in the Olympics. I will use this event as a preparation for the Olympics, to get a feel of my game."

15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Somehow, I overlooked this article earlier, but, better late than never... :)

Medal at London Olympics possible: Peter Gade
    Saumyajit Basu, TNN | Apr 23, 2012, 12.21AM IST

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/12828996.cms

NEW DELHI: You may come across a better athlete but it's difficult to find a better sportsperson than Denmark's Peter Gade Christensen. (sic) The 35-year-old world No. 4, who will be seen in action at the India Open Super Series this week, has decided to call it a day after one last shot at the London Olympics. Excerpts from a candid chat with TOI..

How has your season been since your last India visit?

Well, the last six months of 2011 and the first part of the Olympic qualification was very good. However, in the end of 2011, I could feel that my body and mind was telling me that I needed a break and time and space to recharge. 2011 been a very tough year for me on and off court. In the last three months I played the price for this and my body has been tired and in need of time at home. Of course I'm not satisfied with the last three months but for me. Olympics is what matters now and everything else is a step on the way.

Your All-England experience has been a disappointment, since it is your last one. Or are you considering one more shot at it?

It was a disappointment, but mainly because of my injury in my right ankle. Of course, I wanted to end in a better way than at 03.00 o'clock in the morning. But as I said, my ankle is at the limit and I had an accident in practice a few days before the tournament. I tried but wasn't able to be 100% ready. No, I'm not considering one more time. This feels like the right time to say goodbye.

With London your last stop, how are you dreaming about it?

My dream is a medal and that's not impossible. I'll push my body and mind one more time to the limit.

Who is the best player you have played against?

Lin Dan, for sure.

How difficult will it be to actually say farewell to badminton?

It will be very difficult. It's a very emotional thing and I'm very humble in the way I expect myself to handle it. Badminton is such a big part of my life and identity, and life will be different when I put the racket to rest. But hopefully, the change will do me good.

In these days of hi-tech training, you often travel alone. Don't you feel the playing field is not even for you anymore?

In Denmark we have experts at different areas and they are working hard at home at the national center, but compared to many other countries I'm sure that we're behind in many areas.

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  17. shosasakigamba

shosasakigamba Regular Member

Buyer
    Peter gone back to the VT80?

Looked like it from that photo on Badzine where he is comforting a red eyed LCW after he ''did'' his ankle

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    From PG's FB, July 26....

"Hey Guys, since monday I've been staying in the Olympic Village together with the rest of the danish Olympic Team. It's been a great experience and really enjoyed the very special spirit of an Olympic Village...but also some very hectic and busy days, with a lot of transport.. Today, me and the other players from our badminton-deligation moved to Wembley Plaza Hotel just next to Wembley Stadium, and we'll be staying here for the tournament.. I've felt quite good on the court during practice so far.. as my first match is on monday evening, I'll be using the next days for further practice, relaxing, physio-treatment and just try and get every element ready for kick off on monday...I'll be back soon.."

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Here's a fantastic article on the NBC Olympics website. It includes an interview with PG as well as Lars Uhre, PG's coach, with some very insightful comments by both.

Despite age and long odds, Gade does not relent

By: Ian Ransom Updated: Jul 27

Read the entire story here:
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-blogs/badminton/despite-long-odds-age-gade-does-not-relent.html

Excerpts:

...The only non-Asian man in the singles top 10, the determined Dane is arguably the finest player without a podium finish on his resume.

Injuries and the misfortune of running into opponents playing the match of their lives have conspired to thwart Gade's ambitions, and he heads into his last Games with a sore ankle among a litany of aches and pains from a long and storied career.

..."One more time ... I need to push myself to take everything I can from my mind and body and we'll see if it's enough to do something really good.

..."I left my mark on the badminton world and I'm proud of that no matter what happens."

..."We can't rely on our volunteer-based club system any more," added Uhre.

"We need more funding but we don't need to do it the Chinese way or need Chinese amounts of funding to be able to compete.

...Gade echoed Uhre's calls for the Danish authorities to cough up more funding, but said he could not begrudge the Chinese success.

..."But my view is that I will never lay down. My view is that I always think of course there is a chance to beat them.

20. newbro

newbro Regular Member

Saw him beat the Korea player Shon Wan Ho and reached quarterfinal I believe in the London Olympic, I'm so happy for him since he really is my favorite player. And to be able to reach this far in his last Olympic it must be fantastic for him!