Peter Gade loses his match at 2:30 AM, thanks All England organizers!

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012' started by galaxyduo, Mar 9, 2012.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Well, BWF haven t done so and not likely to. But they always say only CHN has the depth to do it. BWF allow them to get away. So it s only wise that other teams join in and match fix like CHN. We have to do an experiment whether CHN dominates because of their match fixing advantage or real strength. Can CHN defeat a fresher strong non-CHN opponent and how consistently. It s not fun but why should only CHN do it? There will still be many good matches.

2. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

Interesting that you can separate LYB from the Chinese team. You really think that if LYB retires tomorrow the issue with China fixing matches goes away? You sighting that Korea has started match fixing (I wouldn't mind you sighting your evidence) just reinforces my point. If they've started, it simply means that they've achieved the team depth that has made this match fixing option available to them. I doubt the DEN/DEN XD was a fixed result or an indication that DEN is now involved in match fixing. Either way it comes back to the BWF failing at what their supposed to be doing. That is what this thread is about. If you want to have a whinge about the Chinese match fixing there are PLENTY of other threads dedicated to that topic.

3. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

Some aspects of your post are funny. I especially like how you say 5 courts MAY solve the problem or some other aspect may be responsible.

Here's the thing, they've held this event before. Over a hundred times actually, and at least the last 5 with the new scoring system. Yet, this is the first time I've heard of matches going on until 3 am. So if they've gone from using 5 courts in the past to using 4 this year then it's pretty damn obvious what the cause is. (I'm actually not sure about this, hence the 'if'). Of course this is in the absence of any other changes the geniuses at the BWF may have made this year.

4. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Hm...When I said that 5 court MAY solve the problem??read all my previous posts that I am against using 5 courts....I prefer to have 1 day extra with 3 courts because in 2nd round, mostly 3 courts are being used...I mentioned that not all of stadiums are capable to house 5 courts......

Tell me which aspects are funny???

5. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Can we stay on topic? The topic is AE organisation and late finishes.....

Not Match fixing or Whether CHN are any good or not...

6. jimmycass

jimmycass Regular Member

Teacher
    I was there watching the game. Both players had the same conditions i.e. waiting around, and to be fair the better player won on the night (morning lol).
    Hate to say it but Gade (ok he was carrying an injury) looked tired and didnt have the killer instinct in the third game.
    Shame to see him bow out before a handful of spectators

7. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Hardcore staying until the end!!

I agree, the conditions were the same for both. I guess pg just let it get to him more.

8. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    When Djokovic and Nadal played a 6 hour match, most people were happy to see an epic match for so long, even into the night.
    We get a good several hours of Badminton, by elite athletes, then people moan there was too much badminton and the athletes complain they weren't ready...

9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Well it's hardly the same, watching energizer bunnies for 6 hours versus James May driving up the greatest roads on earth for 6. Maybe if it was the same badminton match for 6 hours ;) ...

10. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    The same badminton match for 6 hours would involve 4 hours of time wasting.
    Too much messing about caused the AE to run too long. I think 1 minute breaks every 7 points and becoming strict on time wasting that's how to get matches going and entertaining for non-badminton people

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D agreed, opens up some necessary slots for commercials as well :).

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I suppose a 3am match in Europe works to the advantage of European players.

When playing in Asia, a 9am match works to the advantage of Asian players.

The canadians and US team are really stuck.....

13. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Is this why North american players have struggled to make an impact? :)

14. permanis

permanis Regular Member

The only time North American players will be good will be when badminton is a mainstream game there. The same with the Aussies who love their footies and swimming too much. Can’t imagine them forsaking those things for badminton.

The attrition rate for badminton is high too. Parents would get their kids for badminton coaching thinking there is a potential in them, let them go for some junior tournaments and when these kids find it hard to move up, they would drop out of the game and turn to other things by the time they reach the early 20s. About ten years of badminton life.

Same with those good caliber players. How to be a world class beater? The only way is to train full time but there is the consideration of where the dough will come from to pay for the training and other expenses. Any consideration what happens after the badminton days are over and will badminton assist you in getting an education and career? The most these badminton associations can do is provide the coaching and training and send them for a couple of tournaments and that’s it.

Many of these young players who think they can move up will need parents or “sponsors” with a bit of dough for more private coaching or pay for overseas training in China, Malaysia or Indonesia. In many cases, these parents or sponsors will also cut these funding once it gets too much and there is not much result to show for. It’s literally the end of the road for these young players.

So I guess those countries you see dominate today will continue to dominate in the future.

Permanis

#74 permanis, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012