Perfly (Decathlon) FSC 990

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by LenaicM, Jul 5, 2019.

1. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Let's cut to the chase, It's an amazing shuttle!

Brand: Perfly is the new badminton brand of Decathlon (replacing Artengo) and while I'm not convinced by their racket or shoes (tried it in the shop and it was just awful) they claimed to have made brand new shuttles. For anyone who used Artengo shuttles before it was just a joke.

Specs: This model, FSC 990 is BWF approved. It is made of full natural cork and goose feathers (doesn't say the grade). It looks like an AS30 or AS40 with this green sticker around the base of the cork. It is priced at 24 euros the dozen.

On court: it feels very rigid, precise, doesn't wobble easily and the flight quality is better than the Rsl tourney #1 which is the shuttle I use for friendly matches or tournaments. When a feather is slightly damaged, the flight quality isn't affected. Also I did not break much feathers in a dozen, instead they frayed. I managed to play from one to two set with each shuttle and the shuttle is still usable for drills after. It will be my shuttle for tournaments next season. Worth a try if you're curious or looking for an affordable top quality shuttle. Below a picture of a clean shuttle and another one with a shuttle used for a whole tight set (a third setter at 21 - 18).

20190706_012700.jpg

20190706_012756.jpg

2. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Interesting. Supposedly full Cork experience. How would you rate this against say AS30s or 40s?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

3. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I did not play enough tubes of AS30 or AS40 to objectively compare and my level might not be high enough to perceive the small differences but I would say it's similar in terms of play and durability (and look). With the price of the AS30 or AS40 in France (above 30 euros) I will give a go to these Perfly 990 for tournaments and pre tournament preparation matches. I played a lot of RSL tourney #1 though and I find the flight quality of the Perfly better as well as the durability. Honestly you can safely try a tube.

4. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Fair enough. Probably will give these a go for the sake of testing. The model lower than this is closer to the cost of our normal club shuttle and is still full Cork, so that might be another interesting one.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

5. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I didn't dare trying it for the simple reason I only had bad experience with Decathlon shuttles prior to trying that Perfly 990. Their former shutllecocks were just so bad. And the lower one in their line at 20 euros is not BWF approved like the 990 is. I'm sure that BWF approved mention means quality. But if you try the lower one please let us know here how does it play.

6. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Had a go with the Perfly 990 and 960. Both were fairly similar in terms of feel and flight, with the durability better with the higher model, so the ratings on the tube in relation to each other was spot on.
    They're not a bad shuttle and certainly better than the ones we've tried recently, but here's the bad point. It seem to fly quite straight and doesn't die towards the end of it's flight as much as it should. I think it's mostly because this shuttle doesn't seem to spin as much as my usual club shuttle and I think it's this that makes the shuttle fly straighter than normal.
    Feeling was a bit of a mixed bag. You got the plus point of full cork, which you could feel on impact, however the impact itself felt light. Usually lightness is another indicator of the shuttle quality.
    Durability was very good with one shuttle lasting 2 to 3 games, where our usual shuttle lasts around 1. However there was one shuttle that wobbled excessively and this was swapped out after a couple of rallies.

General player verdict was that they preferred the usual club shuttle with it's composite cork than this one.
    Me, I'm half torn between then. If it was the same price, then I would more inclined to say yes, but these were more expensive.

Worth trying, but not a game changer for me.

LenaicM likes this.
  7. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Great to bring another feedback than mine on this thread!

8. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Had today a go with them. Don't know the number. Sticker was lightly blue. Our opponents bring them to my club. We made an appointment to play a few good XD. I remember that my opponent had a great ooomph smash, I'm on not the biggest gun just a sharp shooter, but my partner found the chance to created some deadly smashes for me. The shuttle lasted pretty well, but everybody hit it clean. I didn't found it bad in terms of flight. @LenaicM do you know which one we played?

speCulatius likes this.
  9. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

That's the Perfly 560 at 12 euros the tube. I tried them they do last long and their flight is ok. It's duck feather and they pretty feel light on impact. I dont like the feedback I get after hitting the birdie. But at 12 euros it's very good value and like you said they last quite long!

I bought and tried since early September the other models at 15 euros (composite cork and grade 3 goose feathers) and 20 euros (natural cork and grade 1 goose feather). They are awesome.

Again when comparing to some babolat at 20 euros in composite cork and duck's feather... no looking back. :)

I use the 15 euros ones for drills and training matches (3 euros more than the perfly 560 and they fly much better and give a better feedback upon impact), the 20 euros ones for training matches with serious opponents or tournaments. I don't use the perfly 990 (24 euros) anymore as the 960 (20 euros) are good enough for my level.

StanDa1, ucantseeme and speCulatius like this.