Pain in wrist.

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by badminewb, Feb 19, 2020.

1. badminewb

badminewb New Member

Hi all.

I have this sharp pain if i angle my wrist a certain way after playing badminton. I looked it up and it seems it's because my form isn't correct and i must've used too much wrist flicking motion. Anyone else experience this?

Do you guys recommend a wrist brace I can wear while playing and one when i'm not playing?

2. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

You've identified a probable cause for your pain.

I recommend a coach to work on what's probably causing the pain instead of trying to reduce the symptoms.

LenaicM and Giga01 like this.
  3. -Berg

-Berg Regular Member

Youre not alone. Always happened to me in my early years of playing. Was for recreational purpose, and I use pandhandle grip 100% of the time for all kind of shots and situations. Didnt even know what is pronation and supination

I strongly suspect the overuse of panhandle grip. The raise up and hammer down motion throughout the entire duration of playing is killing the wrist. If you feel this is what you're experiencing, i think the best solution is to practice gripping basics and understanding the pronation/supination action. You can have a look on them on youtube easily. It takes time in my case, so dont stress/overthink about it and enjoy your sessions. Most importantly, have some fun!

LenaicM likes this.