P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Park Tae Sang misses his family a lot. He is going to spend some time with them but hasn't given a return date yet. Until he returns Sindhu will be without a coach unless she trains at Gopichand Academy. This also opens up the possibility that he may choose to stay in Korea with his family and look for work there.

Source: Today's TOI Print Edition.

Airos likes this.
  2. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer

If Park chooses to leave, really hope they can get Mulyo to come back.

Airos likes this.
  3. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Mulyo Handoyo returning is like the chance of winning a lottery ticket. If he left on good terms, there was hope. Mulyo's sudden departure indicates serious problems like Kim Ji Hyun and Flandy Limpele. They have reached a point of no return. Top level coaches have big egos, once bruised, difficult to soothe. No top level coach will want to share space with another coach at tournaments.

PV Sindhu will need to come up with a plan B and C on a coach soon. If she doesn't want to train at the Gopichand Academy.

Cheung and Sumanth99 like this.
  4. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

@Baddyforall copying your post here. Good record to keep! :)

Happy for Sindhu for winning 2 medals in consecutive Olympics. Hope she continue till 2024. We don't know how it would be at that time. Many younger generations are in the rush to push the game even harder. Women's Singles is becoming more like Men's game.
    If Sindhu wins 3rd Olympic medal, it will be a huge thing for Badminton as a whole. If she did it with a Gold, it would be even better.
    Now , Sindhu has a record of not losing to a Chinese player ever since she entered the world Championships circuit (big events) and Olympics. Starting from 2013 till now(2021), she never lost to Chinese Player whenever she played them in World Championships or Olympics. I wished her to play Chen Yufei or He Binjiao than Tai Tzu Ying in the Semifinals of Tokyo Olympics. But draw played its part. Its ok. But she did easily in the Bronze medal match by beating He Bingjiao in straight games comfortably.

2013 - Both Wang Shixian and Wang Yihan (World Championships)
    2014 - Wang Shixian (World Championships)
    2015 - Li Xuerui (World Championships)
    2016 - Wang Yihan (Olympics)
    2017 - Sun Yu and Chen Yufei (World Championships)
    2019 - Chen Yufei (world Championships)
    2021 - He Bingjiao (Olympics)

Mate, arjevo and Baddyforall like this.
  5. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Ideally I think Suchitra Academy and PV + Other top MS players (KS, LS, SV) should consider hiring Mulyo by themselves without Gopi's involvement, Also I think it is time Gopi steps down, but do we have a good replacement?

6. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    Hasn't Saina been like that since the beginning? I have seen her accepting the fact that she doesn't gel up with other players very often. I saw an interview where Kashyap was saying that she even got mad when she lost earlier than him in a certain tournament. But this is another level of public display of loathing. That's why I feel it will take a mountain of an effort to build a good badminton team including all the disciplines not just individual players. Instead of training together and benefit from each other they choose to go their separate ways. When I see players from China, Japan, South Korea, etc I see the team spirit in them, even when they are playing in individual tournaments it looks like they are playing for their country and representing their country not themselves. Hardly the case with Indian players. Our players are failing to set an example for up and coming generations. I can imagine why the good foreign coaches leave the Indian badminton team mid-way.

Baddie lover likes this.
  7. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Change is important otherwise it leads to stagnation. We need fresh ideas and India has many coaches. Gopichand can't be the Head coach forever! It's time to have a Head coach for Doubles and one for Singles.

We also need to have a separate National Training Centre which is not part of any academy. :)

arjevo and Sumanth99 like this.
  8. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

9. Baddyforall

The 27-year-old Tai Tzu Ying penned down an emotional note, thanking everyone who has supported her.

“After the match, I was satisfied with my performance. Later Sindhu ran over and hugged me, held my face, and told me: I know you’re uncomfortable and you’ve been very good, but today isn’t your day. Then she held me in her arms and said she knows all about it,” Tai Tzu wrote on her Instagram account.

“That sincere encouragement, made me cry. I was really sad because I tried really hard. Thank you again for your support and encouragement. Thank you all for walking with me till now,” she added.

Note : Tai spoke about Sindhu and i wanted to mention it here for everybody to know it.

https://indianexpress.com/article/o...pv-sindhu-medal-ceremony-words-tears-7434060/

badmuse likes this.
  10. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    This. You cannot develop a game when most of the action is happening in one region. BAI should focus on developing the game in other regions as well. We have 36 states/UT and we need atleast one or two world class coaching center per state.

Everyone has a plan 'till they meet Lee/Wang.

Baddie lover and rajat_remar like this.
  11. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Better if they partner with Abhinav Bindra Centre of Excellence for short term. Long term, problem is we have dearth of quality coaches. Infrastructure not there. Same usual excuses you know ;) I as well as other fans have been tired of asking for basic infrastructure which we lack. BAI won't do much. Actually BAI can't do alone, we have to see what State Badminton Associations are doing too.

There are state associations in Bihar, Jharkhand, UP, Haryana, MH, Gujarat, WB and most probably every other state. What have they done except gulping in all the money they got from BAI or state governments ? Absolutely nothing. They have zero accountability. And you know how these associations only come to action only when voting for BAI prez and General secretary takes place. Game of money. If cells of the body function properly, the whole body will function.

Biglever likes this.
  12. Baddyforall

This is the only SOLUTION. Should not be any Conflict of Interests.

13. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

PV Sindhu is back in India with Park Tae San.

Anks likes this.
  14. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Delhi airport

Airos and Anks like this.
  15. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Definitely in the long term every state needs to develop the game. That takes time and lots of money. It will happen in the long term. BAI
    already has a blueprint
    of 5 regional academies for each region and 1 national training center. Even this is like a medium term plan.
    One training center is doable in the short term. India has lots of talent which is being wasted every year without proper guidance and financial support.

Anks and Biglever like this.
  16. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Hope this becomes a reality soon.

Top national and junior players from academies need to be placed under one roof and train under efficient foreign and national coaches, this can actually start immediately, they can start off in any of the existing academy and rotate academies while the main facility in under construction. LS shouldn't miss coaching from Agus and sparring from KS, SV and vice versa. A healthy competitive environment can do wonders.

17. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Hmm..
    If the TTY post was " I am going to do my best in the finals " and Saina gave a thumbs up, then it has less anti-Sindhu vibes as opposed to if it was a semis victory celebrating post.

What you are saying may be true.
    There may be indeed be some bitterness between the two for some reason that we don't know.
    But we probably should not take sides without knowing the full story.

But yeah, I am surprised that Saina joined politics. She hasn't even officially retired.
    If she plans to continue till CWG, AG or even next Olympics I don't think it's a good idea to join politics.

18. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Or, as Vimal Kumar suggested -
    That players may hire their personal coaches or even team of coaches for customized training .
    That the future of badmointon may be more like tennis - where players hire their own coaches.

Of course Tennis players tend to be richer, but celebrity badminton players like Sindhu and Saina can definitely afford their own coaches.

19. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    You hit the nail on the head bro. These f****** politicians won't do anything except looting all the money. Most of the sports associations are under politicians control. Sports body should not be mixed with politics. All the associations should be independent with a mixture of former players and good administrators. But I know it's a far fetched dream. With the amount of talent and man power we have, we can actually produce a factory of players if everyone work selflessly.

Everyone has a plan 'till they meet Lee/Wang.

Baddie lover likes this.
  20. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Great article by Washington Post on Legend PVS

Undoubtedly the "Queen Of Majors" is the reason why the Global sports attention is drawn towards badminton..she being on the forbes list of the richest female athletes year on year has made the global sports world sit up and take notice of badminton and as stated by gill that its one of the myriads of reasons why PVS is one of the most influential Badminton WS of this era.

Super excited to see the Queen getting her 6th Medal at the WC and making a new record by being the only WS player EVER in the HISTORY OF BADMINTON to have won 6 WC Medals which at the moment she has a joint crown with Legend Madam Zhang Ning of 5 Medals !

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/2021/07/28/pv-sindhu-badminton-player/

Airos likes this.