P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. pradeep chand

pradeep chand Regular Member

PVS coach retires due to her husband health condition

2. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Sindhu in one interview this week said that her main goal is to win gold at Tokyo and she is working on it to achieve it.

That means her focus wont be that much in normal tournaments !.

3. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Sindhu is finished and hasn't reached a final after the winning the WC. How can she even a reach a final?

4. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Harsh truth. I think "finished" would not be an appropriate term. This has always been a problem that she can't show fine performance at World Tour events which is a cause of worry. She needs to start replicate her performance in these regular events then no questions would be asked by her fans and neutral badminton lovers.

5. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    for the most part i'd agree with you if it were any other player. but, it's only been 5 tournaments since the wc and past wc winners have gone even longer before reaching their next final.

given the fact she has medaled in 6 of the last 7 wc/og's (matching or improving on the previous year's result) i have no reason to believe she won't be ready for tokyo 2020. on the flip side you have kevin/marcus. winning almost everything in sight but failing (dare i say flaming out) to medal for how many years?

every player/pair has their own career agenda and road map. since i use pattern of behavior as my main gauge i'll wait until pvs veers off of her course before i think she's done.

Saru, Sumanth99, arjevo and 2 others like this.
  6. Baddyforall

Well said . She is one of the consistent player in big events. She even skipped Syed modi now. She will concentrate on WTF

7. Baddyforall

8. Baddyforall

9. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    6478BAE9-DE6F-4E20-A7B7-52944C4D2582.jpeg Kim Ji Hyun, P.V. Sindhu’s former coach is coaching in Taiwan, less than two months after leaving India. Couldn’t find any English news reporting, all in Chinese.

Swas44 likes this.
  10. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Bigger money contract? Closer to her home and family? Breach in contract in India? What's the reason of not going back to a job where she was clearly Doing great and was adored (by the looks of it). Is she coaching TPE national squad A? Ik CTC isn't with his coach anymore and TTY already has a great one.

11. Baddie lover

My guess just like @Sumanth99 said that maybe her husband is getting treatment in Taiwan. Maybe. If that's the case then its fine. But if that's not the case , then I think its sad that she started coaching in other country as Sindhu and she had gelled with each other well. I wonder why are foreign coaches leaving so early, TKH and Mulyo left for a bigger paycheque, If bigger salary is the reason then why pen a contract and leaving the team at crucial point ?

visor and nilesh123 like this.
  12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It is only a guess but I don't think it can be a full time and long appointment. Clubs usually don't have that much money for a full time position. It might be only coming in for certain club competitions.

nilesh123 and Sumanth99 like this.
  13. Baddie lover

https://www.firstpost.com/sports/pu...ump-hectic-bwf-calendar-and-more-7643121.html

Written by: Amit Kamath

Excerpts-

“At the last Olympics, nobody cared about Sindhu. This time around, it’s going to be a challenge. She’s going to be the main question in the test! People are going to be prepared for her. So we need to be smarter,” says Gopichand.

The chief coach of the Indian badminton team has a few ideas to tweak Sindhu’s game in line for Tokyo Olympics.

“I have some plans for her, but we need some time for that. In one week or five days, we cannot implement those changes. From April to July next year we’ll have that option,”

“With the way the world badminton calendar is, players are playing continuously. Even if you’re injured or ill, you end up having to play those mandatory tournaments. Then when you start losing, it becomes a freefall,” says Gopichand.

Among those struggling to cope with the breakneck speed of tournaments after the World Championships is the reigning champion Sindhu.

On being asked if he felt any concern at Sindhu’s run of results after winning the gold at the Basel World Championships, Gopichand is nonchalant.

On being asked what Sindhu needs to do to arrest this slump, Gopichand says, “I think her game needs to be a lot more all-round. I think there needs to be more patience. She makes mistakes in the end game. More importantly, she needs to learn how to play all kinds of games. That’s been a struggle. She’s improved drastically over the years from where she started out. The earlier Sindhu was very different. Now she’s a world champion and so she’s a marked player. People are prepared to face her.”

arjevo and Cheung like this.
  14. Swas44

Swas44 Regular Member

15. Tennyson

Tennyson Regular Member

Fame and millions are corrosive. Have to take one's hat off guys like LCW n Marin who are still so ever motivated

Sumanth99 likes this.
  16. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    You have to wonder why ace foreign coaches leave India so quickly.

Also I don't understand why Sinhdu had been rewarded enormously by her government for winning the Silver medal, at the last Olympics, given India is a poverty stricken country. In contrast, Carolina who won the Gold medal by beating Sindhu, did not get even receive half as much financial and property reward as Sindhu, by her Spanish Government.

Such waste that it could have been given to needy causes, given Sindhu already was very wealthy by private endorsements. Imagine if she had won the Gold medal!

17. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Whenever you write "India is a poverty stricken country" please edit that sentence to "India was a rich country who was robbed by a poor parasite and made India poorer".

Coming to the your concern, Yes things aren't perfect in India, investments should be made in recognising and honing talents at a young age instead of giving too much after winning medals.

Baddie lover and mohans like this.
  18. Baddie lover

Choose your words wisely. Don't try to bring a heated debate in this forum.

19. pradeep chand

pradeep chand Regular Member

20. Baddie lover