[Overview] ADIDAS 360° B7 9 Rackets Bag

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by speCulatius, Feb 24, 2020.

1. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

It still seems to be difficult to get Adidas badminton equipment offline and there never is enough information about bags, so I want to try to help anybody out who might be interested in this bag.
    PSX_20200224_173544.jpg
    While most of this probably also holds true for the smaller size, I can only tell you about what's in front of me and that is the 9 Rackets Bag of the 360 degrees B7 series.

I've said it before about the red shirt Adidas offers and it is partly true for the shoes, it's certainly true here... The pictures do not show the color accurately, but to be fair, it seems so be partly fluorescent, so it's nearly impossible to get the true color with one picture, because it changes depending on the situation. In sunlight, it does shine bright.

Materials and the overall quality is great, like expected from Adidas. I couldn't find anything to complain about in that regard. There's one or two other details that maybe can be improved, but there also are some details that I really like.

The bag is built not completely symmetrical, but almost. On one side, there's an insulated racket compartment that easily fits six rackets despite looking not that big. I don't have more rackets here to try to fit in at the moment, but there is the same compartment without the silver insulation on the other side.
    PSX_20200224_175535.jpg
    One of the details I like is that this compartment actually is wider at the grip end, like the red material indicates. Somebody actually thought about that. Good job, Adidas!
    PSX_20200224_175751.jpg
    Like you can see, there's another (smaller) compartment further to the outside...
    PSX_20200224_180104.jpg
    ... that only extends to the length of the zipper. Keeping in mind that this bag is carried with the wider part up, this is good to not take space away from the rackets' handles. On the other side, it does extend all the way down, so you can easily fit in two shuttle tubes and some other things.
    PSX_20200224_180447.jpg
    One of the details that can be improved: I'd like to have a two way zipper here. It opens the right way when you really put the bag on the floor, but when carrying it and just needing to access those compartments quickly, it opens from bottom to top - the wrong way.
    The ventilated compartment is at the wider part and it's huge (I did not put in the shoes as far as I could have).
    PSX_20200224_180819.jpg
    Obviously, it extends into the main (biggest) compartment at the center. The bag also comes with a dry bag that can be used to either protect some things from moisture in this bag or to protect the rest of the bag from what's in that bad...
    The main compartment is very big.
    PSX_20200224_181206.jpg
    And it's not separated in any way. This can lead to some challenges when packing, because there's more space at the top (when carrying), but everything will want to fall down. I cheat by using two boxes at the bottom. I did use those in my previous bag just to keep things a little more organized, but here it makes even more sense.
    PSX_20200224_181452.jpg
    Thank God for Gochujang. To round it up, they added a small, almost hidden, compartment...
    PSX_20200224_181910.jpg
    ... that I have not used yet.

So far, I'm very happy with this bag. I can easily live with the details that (maybe) could be improved. The upside-down shape really does help to make it easy to carry. I like that the shoulder straps also look like they should still be rather comfortable in summer.
    PSX_20200224_182426.jpg
    The position of the shoulder straps is lower than some other bags I've had and that does make a huge difference, too. Other manufacturers do the same, but not all of them and not for all bags.

I hope this helps some people who might be interested and I didn't forget too much.

endFX, s_mair, Dave1011 and 2 others like this.
  2. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Nice review. Do the straps get in the way of the racquet compartments? Thats my main grievance with my yonex bag.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

3. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

You got perfect timeing for me, I’m looking for a new bag right now and want one from Adidas. This one looks nice, but my eyes drags me more to the standbag version...have you any inputs on that one?

Attached Files:

4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Thanks for the review, the bag does look much nicer in your photos than the standard photo.
    I'm looking to replace my square Victor bag but not sure what to get. I would love an Adidas bag but need to see what's available at a good price.

5. speCulatius

The racket compartments open in a way that it's more convenient to access it more from the (racket) head side, rather than the handle side. Most of the time, I grab the rackets around the area where the straps are attached to the bag, so nothing is in my way. So far, it has not bothered me at least, but I'll pay closer attention to it.
    To me, that would not be a reason to get a new bag though.

Unfortunately unavailable in Europe, that's all I know.
    PSX_20200224_235126.jpg
    The measurements are quite a bit smaller than mine, but it might not be that small, because of the different shape.
    PSX_20200224_235604.jpg
    It's the bag that first cought by eye, too... with this picture from the 2019 brochure.

To me, it looks better in reality than in the one picture I had seen from it before deciding on it. The screenshot in my first post... That picture by Adidas exaggerates the wedge shape way too much with those very straight lines and the angle. At least that's what I think it is...

Dave1011 likes this.
  6. speCulatius

Update for @DuckFeet

I didn't really notice this detail before, but the Shoulder straps actually cross the zipper of the racket compartment.
    PSX_20200226_214402.jpg
    So you pretty much have to access the rackets from the head side. This also means that when opening the main compartment, the shoulder straps are automatically pushed out of the way from that.... but if your picky about things like that, this might not be the bag for you.

DuckFeet likes this.
  7. Dutchinese

Dutchinese New Member

IT Administrator
    Ask a dutch retailer about this as well, he said he could get it, while the catalogue it's not available in Europe. In the end he tought i wanted the normal 9 racket bag that is being reviewd here. I canceled it and tried my luck in HK and Japan, unfortunately not availble there.
    In the end I found one in Korea and had it send to Hong Kong while i was staying there for my holiday.

I like the design, although it stated (9 rackets), i can only fit about 3 rackets per side, adding 4th racket on each side means the zipper can't close. The smaller side pocket is only suitable for paper if there are rackets in the larger side pockets. The mid pocket is large enought to hold some extra clothing or drinks etc. In the picture it looks lager but in reality it's more sleeker. Bag also comes with extra wet bag. For normal sessions i think it's large enough to carry your stuff, but if your going to play in tournament and want to bring in some more, then the bag might be a bit too small.

I'v also left a comment at adidasbadminton on instagram about the sizing of the bag, it not realistic ot say it fit 9.