OUE SINGAPORE Open SS 2015 : FINALS (12th April 2015)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / China Masters / SKYCITY New Zeala' started by CLELY, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshinn6

joshinn6 Regular Member

Well first off badminton isnt nearly as big as other sports in the US. Look at baseball, Clayton Kershaw is going to make 30 million dollars this year. Average starts a year is about 30 (actually just a tad over 30 but lets make the numbers easy). That means he will make one million per game. He throws about 100 pitches a game (Once again prob a little more) which means he is making 10 Grand a pitch. In one inning he made more than any badminton tournament. Plus I would think sponsors like any individual sport is the way most top players would make their money.

2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I missed a , or . in :

Yikes!!! Mr Cinetti is *supposedly* the guardian of the forum, defender of the much level-headed poster, Mr. Justin. Mr Cinetti seems to always pick on Indians in the forum whenever there was a discussion about players from these 2 countries, China and India.

Otherwise, it would be run-on sentence.

3. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I would think that tournament prize money reflects how much players earn from sponsors too though. But yes, badminton is tiny compared to some other sports. There's not enough money in it to care too much about match fixing I guess hehe.

4. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

Sorry, epic fail. Justin was never involved in the discussion. Anyone can go back and read the thread. The fact that his name was unnecessarily brought into the fold is tell-tale sign that you were making a pre-mediated personal attack.

5. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Somehow unsuspecting person did make contact with players in Malaysia.

http://www.playthegame.org/news/new...g-risk-at-highest-level-in-badminton-exposed/

6. twinypalm

twinypalm Regular Member

engineer
    I don't think that was match fixing. The players merely took advantage of a loophole in the rules. The BWF should realize it was their fault first and change the rules. What they did was giving the gold medal to one of the culprit nations. Did you see any protest from the CBA?

#726 twinypalm, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  7. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Nope... I am replying to you. I referred to you as a person who would like to make the forum stay civil and you did have commended Justin's posting as the example of a civil level-headed posting as rebuttal. I stand my case.

Thank you.

8. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Say what you mean then, instead of saying one thing, being confronted on it, and then saying another. Zhang and Zhao have not lost a match in ten months, playing against someone they train against the probability of winning is about the same probability as LCW winning against someone not named LD or CL.

And yes, you are talking politics, whether you like it or not. What shred of evidence is there that this has to do with the politics of a country? The fact that LYB is head coach, maybe and even probably if this was indeed a forced WO, but certainly not because they are in China.

I think your other posts are indicative of the issue here. You don't care about WO issue in isolation or as a whole, but it is just a feint to disguise your dislike of China, and most likely you wouldn't care if it were some other country (admittedly impossible due to their difficulty in even getting to the position to consider WOs).

9. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

Who do you think you can fool? I never commented on Justin in this thread at all. You were replying to me and attacking Justin at the same time.

You cant even tell a good lie.

10. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I was reading and parsing through your past postings and I did look one:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ist-amp-DRAW?p=2323972&viewfull=1#post2323972

03-25-2015, 08:19 AM
    Thread: Yonex Sunrise INDIA Open SS 2015 - Entry List & DRAW
    by Cinetti Replies
    Views
    Sticky: Justin, You're one of the best analyst here,...
    Justin,

You're one of the best analyst here, but it unfortunate this forum is infected with people with tribal mentality, any comment/critique relating to players of a certain nationality...

In my original post, I added "Mr Cinetti from what I looked up...". This meant I looked you up. Anyway, I apologize if you take this personally.

#730 indrg, Apr 14, 2015
  11. twinypalm

twinypalm Regular Member

engineer
    Stay civilized, make your case and present your views but don't attack the person whose views you are not in agreement with.

Do you think this will happen with the Denmark or even Korean or Japanese teams? Do you think Christinna Pedersen/Joachim Fischer Nielsen would concede a WO to Kamilla Rytter Juhl/Mads Pieler Kolding so Mads Pieler Kolding can rest for his MD match? Not in your dream. In a free country everyone is for him/herself and nobody would give up his/her day in the sun for anyone even for the good of their country.

12. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

How low are you going to go??

1) That post was dated March 25, three weeks ago. What does it gotta do with this thread and your personal attack????

2) In that post, I said he was one of the best analyst... but where did I said his post was an example of a civil level-headed post????????????

Spare this forum your shenaniganism

No apology required. You are the one who made the personal attack. Im just calling you out.

#732 Cinetti, Apr 14, 2015
  13. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Didn't I say that the systematic issue, if you with to pick one, is LYB already...please address that

14. indrg

indrg Regular Member

level-headed : You're one of the best analyst here, but it unfortunate this forum is infected with people with tribal mentality, any comment/critique relating to players of a certain nationality...

As I said I looked you up. I looked you up whether you were just saying " be civil". You have been consistent in telling people to be civil. However, you did so when 2 nations in particular are involved and you have a negative bias toward people from ROW.

15. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

Muddling the two different threads/topic into one does not exonerate you from the personal attack you made in post 590.

Level-headed =/= analyzing the game. Dont play dumb.
    Someone insulted Justin nationality/name, I merely spoke up. (moderator did take action) Anyone interested to read that old post, weeks ago. http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ist-amp-DRAW?p=2323972&viewfull=1#post2323972
    Justin,
    You're one of the best analyst here, but it unfortunate this forum is infected with people with tribal mentality, any comment/critique relating to players of a certain nationality automatically trigger a mob attack, not only on you, your name, but also on players of other nationality, usually Chinese. It's almost impossible to discuss/critique a subject on its on merit, be it the player or seeding issue. Is this some kind of 3rd world tribal forum? Is there a way improve the quality of this forum?

kwun, cheung

#735 Cinetti, Apr 14, 2015
  16. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Try using the "Ignore List".

By being a forum, this is obviously a place for exchanging views, especially different views. Regrettably, some posters bring more negative vibes than constructive arguments to this forum.

17. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    I think it's about time to call it a day with this thread. Guys, take a time out, get off the computer, grab your badminton gear, get on court and let off the steam.

18. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Thanks badrad :)

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    cooling down is a good suggestion, as always with these heated threads. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.