OUE SINGAPORE Open SS 2015 - Entry List & DRAW

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / China Masters / SKYCITY New Zeala' started by CLELY, Feb 27, 2015.

1. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

4pm SG time and no schedule not updated yet. maybe they have another meeting in the evening. :p

2. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    He got a weeks break due to his R2 exit. He should be fine.

3. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Newspapers. No official list has been put up yet.

4. @@@@@

@@@@@ Regular Member

not working
    I have just checked the schedule and found out that nothing had been updated yet. We don't even know whether there will be live telecasts for all the matches from day 1 to day 6. Nothing is being said. My friends have actually planned to take some time out from their working hours to watch the matches online via live telecasts but nothing is said. My friends who wants to watch the matches live needs to get permission form the boss to go back home to watch it hence they need to take lets say half day leave or whatsoever but no schedule is out and not even the time for all the events. Why so slow? Then my friends who managed to buy the tickets to watch it live at the stadium also complained that the tickets sold are very expensive. Then everything is not arranged properly. The hotels, lodging place is also very expensive. Then they are not even allowed to book the seats that they wanted in the stadium. Those friends of mine who purposely buy their air ticket to go to the Singapore stadium to watch the match live said this will be their last time. They won't want to waste so much money anymore since everything looks so disorganized. Sorry for saying such things.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wang Yihan is in for another rough ride, R1 Michele Li, R2 Zhang Beiwen, QF Intanon R, probably. Her SF opponent could be Tai TY. Every round a hurdle ,wonder which round she'll trip.

6. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

sorry to see this happening. both bwf and local organizer not doing their job well. as for choosing of seats, maybe they should get local friends to buy as i was allowed to choose when purchasing the ticket at the indoor stadium.

7. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    QF vs Rats

8. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Wang shixian and wang yihan has the greatest chance of winning the title in the absence of top seed Saina Nehwal.

9. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

finally the schedule is out. :D

10. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Half of her mind is in the court and the other half is on her retirement plans. If Wang Ling (younger than her) is still around her wish to retire will probably be granted. LYB still has some hope that she can be trained back to her former form just in case one of LXR or WSX gets injured before the entry dateline for Rio 16. Of course he is also keeping SY in mind. I don't think WYH is likely to win SG Open.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Like LYB, I'm still hoping to see the Wang Yihan I know, all-conquering, all-winning, with the uncanny ability to pile on the pressure until her opponents break down. She is an all-rounder who, on her day, can handle any opponent, any playing style, her athleticism coupled with her good looks, a rare combination, is a joy to watch.

12. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Sindhu has withdrawn too. Unfortunate , she is struggling very hard due to her injury.

13. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    What's wrong?

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I feel that even if Saina hadn't withdrawn or Marin is playing, it wouldn't change much any player's chances of winning it. There are several prospective candidates who can snatch victory, apart from WYH and WSX, I'd mention Tai TY, Intanon R (who beat Marin at the IND Open) Zhang Beiwen (who beat TTY), Nozomi O (who beat Intanon and Marin recently), Akane Y, Sung JH, even Sun Yu (who beat TTY and Marin recently).

It all comes down to consistency and form.

15. lzhaol

lzhaol Regular Member

Wang Yihan is doing a Zhang Ning atm.

ZN struggled with injuries before 2008 Olympics too, had all sorts of losses to Wang Chen, Lu Lan, Yulianti etc but got chosen over Zhu Lin due to her experience.
    Her determination helped her snatched the gold medal from Xie Xing Fang eventually.

16. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Couldn't agree more.

17. *___*

*___* Regular Member

For the last few months I would argue WS and WD have been the most exciting to follow as they haven't been dominated by anyone in-particular, unlike MS: Chen Long, XD: Zhang/ Zhao and MD: LYD/ YYS, although it looks like LYD/ YYS may be losing their stranglehold at the top.

18. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

schedule already out. Only XD Round 32 will start tomorrow evening.

19. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Just checked to verify. PVS is fully fit. She will be back at BAC (which SN may skip). She isn't struggling.

20. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Even in MS , we were able to see new Superseries winners . For eg, Srikanth Kidambi, Chou tien chen etc. If you consider this year, only 2 SSP (AE + MO -->chen long) and 1 SS (IND Open -->K.Srikanth) tournament happened so far. So many exciting SS are yet to come. So, let's wait and watch.

This SO may see different MS winner. Let's wait and watch . Tommy may get a break in this SS.