Open to boost RP badminton – Taufik

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open 2006 / Philippine Open 2006' started by cooler, Jan 16, 2006.

1. MikeJ

MikeJ Regular Member

IT Consultant
    (in the small tournament I mentioned before; in Asuncion Badminton Center) It was amazing seeing Taufik Hidayat play doubles against Rudy Wijaya (Tony Gunawan's former doubles partner) and Minarti Timur (2000 Olympics Silver Medalist in Mixed Doubles). Taufik's partner was Albee Benitez (owner of Bingo Bonanza). Since the venue was small (I think the hall has 6 courts), you could here the boom Taufik's smash would generate (WOW!!!!), and compare it to the sound of Rudy Wijaya's and Minarti Timur's smashes.

2. kemana

kemana Regular Member

really envy you .... hehehe, do you have any pictures?:cool:
    dose this kind of tournaments often happen?

3. MikeJ

MikeJ Regular Member

IT Consultant
    sorry, no pictures. :D i wasn't able to bring a camera. :(

Well, the badminton boom officially started here sometime 2002, so I'm hoping that those small tournaments will be held more often.

Btw, Rudy Wijaya and Minarti Timur are based here in the Philippines. Minarti Timur coaches players in Asuncion Badminton Center ("ABC") and Rudy Wijaya coaches recreational players in Olympic Badminton Center (it's nor really an official center for the Olympics, it's just the name of the badminton hall)

4. kemana

kemana Regular Member

it's ok la . it's so nice to have this kind of little tournaments around:)
    i think the atmosphere must be very nice:rolleyes: