Open Letter to? Lee Chong Wei..

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Makkem_1, Mar 14, 2007.

1. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect

who's that??? :D:D:D:D:D

2. heavyn91

heavyn91 Regular Member

Student
    thx ant so much for helping us yea..have u received my msg?

3. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

will ants print all these emails out and give to LCW?? it's finishing ants printers' ink very soon.. come on, show our support for LCW..

4. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

err, is site support removing all my posts?

5. ronnie14

ronnie14 Regular Member

yah,yah,we r all behind LCW, supporting him :) we love LCW :)

6. ronnie14

ronnie14 Regular Member

LCW wil b back :)

7. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Let LCW rest for a few months. He need to gain his confidence back, not gain pressure during competition. Let him calm down and clear his mind first.

8. three-3am

three-3am Regular Member

i got to knoe chongwei during last year's (2006) all england, and we hanged out abit tat time.. to my delight, we met again tis year after his lost in the quarters.. i was on the way to collect my car tat night, and i saw him walking on the street towards nia.. man, it really saddened me to see his sad facial expression.. i was really suprised wen he could stil rem me after a year, and we talked a fair bit..

what i want to say is tat he's quite a different person to the one i met the previous year.. before, he was a really talkative + jovial + funny + humourous guy.. but now, he looked disheartened, sad, with no motivation, no confidence nothing... my heart really goes for him.. though he's one of the top players around, but he's a veri humble and down to earth guy, with a nice heart...

well, through ups and downs, we will continue to support you unconditionally.. we have total confidence in you, chong wei.. you will rise up again, and be stronger than before, be it physically, mentally and emotionally!!

#48 three-3am, Mar 21, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  9. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

ya it's meaningful letter makkem_1. thanks for starting this thread. unfortunately when people are famous, all will go to you, but when u fail all will suddenly disappear:(
    and this happen to lcw but glad to know that there are still some of us who are still supporting him wholeheartedly.let's be loyal fans who support lcw not only when he's up but also when he's down. since we had shared the happiness and success with him together, why not we share his bad times also as this will lessen the burden.

we can see how much pressure he had in recent tourneys. i also saw him in tv looking so depressed after losing to chen yu.
    really sad to see a good and humble player like him have to carry so much pressure and burden of the country. i think he is still a skillfull and great player. the only thing that he lacks now is self confidence. i really hope that he will improve on his mental strengh.

forget about past failures and look to the future with hope, determination and confidence. come back stronger and better after that just like nicol david. after losing unexpectedly in CG, she came back with a bang.
    lcw must set his mind right and start to believe in himself again no matter what others think.
    do not put too much pressure.
    concentrate and take one match at a time.
    dont think too far and dont let other people's expectations stress you up.train hard and enjoy the game.
    it will not be meaningful if you do not enjoy what you are doing.

and remember we are always supporting you lcw.
    we are confident that you will bounce back soon.
    endure these hard moment and i pray after this we will see lcw making magic again on court.lcw boleh.hehe:)

10. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

just wait 'till he gets his head around things - then watch out, world, I reckon! Class always tells in the long run.

For my money the most technical player out there - and I believe a better player than LD. LD does have technical flaws, which are compensated for by aggression and power. A confident, motivated LCW can beat him... I believe consistently. [Apologies to LD fans: but I believe LCW is the better player, or at least talent - but LD is the better competitor right now, able to maximise what he has]

It pains me - more in some regards than my own defeats on the badminton court, which my friends could tell you can leave me in a state of despair - to see how much it clearly hurts him. I'd almost rather he didn't play than put himself through that. But on the bright side he's young [my age minus a month or so less] and so I'm confident the enjoyment will return.

Did any of you guys see the Swiss open matches btw? I saw the 3'rd of LCW's game. He tried hard but there didn't look to be much belief, and his opponent fed off it. [mind you, R. Susilo has a very good game, and quite a crisp smash, which he uses well.] But take the silly unforced errors out and LCW should have had too much for him, even thoughhe was clearly struggling.

I think that's the worst I've ever seen from LCW, but quite honestly, he tried and that's all you can ask. Loss of confidence is not something to bash a player for. He needs a break, IMO, somewhere without a racket and good people who care about him around him, or he won't recover. The whole 'pulling yourself up by your bootlaces' is rubbish, I think. At the moment it is a vicious circle where bad results are destroying confidence. While I reallyback him 100% every match, even a win or a good run at the moment is only going to be a temporary fix the next setback would destroy. It is a mindset thing. I hope for his sake the super series are over and there is a gap in his schedule. His game will be there when he comes back, and with his work ethic, fitness and match sharpness will return quickly.

All the best to him, and you lot:D

p.s. Ants, did you give him our letters, mate?!

11. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

Oh, I think I have a confession to make!
    I think my starting to support LCW was the beginning of the end for him!!!:p :eek: I am quite unlucky!!! I have banned myself from watching my football team, Sunderland, play and their results improved! But, I can't not watch England play, or LCW play badminton:crying: !!! lol! That is too much to ask,,, no live badminton? the very idea makes me come over all faint!:eek: :D

12. Rachel Tan

Rachel Tan Regular Member

Chong Wei, I just want to tell you that--do not put too much pressure on yourself. Which player does not have pressure? Just look at Kien Kiat & Boon Heong, the whole nation desperately expect them to bring back the All England champion. Finally, they have done it! Then it was seems like they did not even bother by any pressure/obstacles.They've just give their very best. They can do it, why can't you? Perhaps the young pairs got so much to share with you.

We all know that you've done your very best.Just go all out there enjoy playing badminton! Remember, whether you win or not there are plenty of us still standing behind you.Always, for very sure.

13. jesminekia

jesminekia Regular Member

Chong Wei go go go....jia you jia you jia you.....u r the best....no matter u win or lose...will always support u....remember u r the hero and our hope for olympic 2008....yeah!!!!!!

14. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

ya, you are currently our only hope in men's single. Can say that Hafiz and Kuan Beng Hong is far behind LCW. Wong Choon Hann ranking is too low because he can't make it into proper tournament due to exhaustion (age factor??)

15. lina_ngchiuhwa

lina_ngchiuhwa Regular Member

Clerk
    Although i just saw this open letter from Makkim, i'm so touching when i read this open letter. He shows his great support to Lee Chong Wei. Yes, we should not blame Chong Wei b'coz he didn't win any title earlier this year and he have tried his best and to play in Malaysian Open, Korean Open, the All-England and Swiss Open although he did not win the Malaysian Open for the 4th consecutive time, at least he did not gave up to play in his badminton career after Li Mao's leave and rejoin South Korea.He once said that he wants to stop playing badminton, but lucky he did not do so after 3 hour talk with Li Mao. Li Mao's leave really gave Chong Wei a lot of pressure and he treat Li Mao as his Father. If some of u got read The Star paper last month, u will feel so sad too when Chong Wei voice out his feeling and pain. I hope all the BADMINTON FANS will show our great support to Lee Chong Wei and don't gave him any pressure and don't be like a "we loves u when u win,we step out when u lose". We must show great support to Chong Wei and don't let him carry anymore pressure and saddness. Gave him some space. There is still have Asian Championships next month, Indonesian Open and Singapore Open on May. There are so many titles this year to be won. Come on guys, let us show our great support to Chong Wei and the others Malaysian shuttler. Don't even left out our others men's singles player like Wong Choong Han, Hashim brothers, Kuan Beng Hong and the other national players although maybe Beng Hong could be dropped from the World Championships this year b'coz of his world ranking points starts dropping. Now our men's doubles player Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong is the pair to be beaten in each tournament. Congrates to them b'coz they have win the European title from back to back in All-England and Swiss Open in the men's doubles. Now they are the favourite among the badminton fans in the MD. But don't forget there are still another five pair behind, Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah, Mohd.Fairuzizuan Mohd.Tazari-Lin Woon Fui, Mohd. Zakry-Gan Teik Chai,Tan Bin Shen-Ong Soon Hock and Chan Chong Ming-Hoon Thien How. Those fans who support Koo Kien Keat who partnered Chan Chong Ming before please don't leave aside Chong Ming b'coz he is not Kien Keat's partner now and Kien Keat now who is more known with new partner Boon Heong, who wins 4 title out of 6 tournament juz in 6 months after new partnerships. Chong Ming wins the Malaysian Open title last year with Kien Keat also. They have wins some titles also in their last time partnerships. Show some support to his new partnerships with Hoon Thien How who is Boon Heong's previous partner. Thien How wins the World Junior C'Ships last year with Boon Heong. Thanks to Rexy who din scrap down our veterans CTF-LWW.I hope the same fate will be on Mohd. Zakry and Gan Teik Chai. Yap Kim Hock once said that this year is not a year to split partnerships in the MD b'coz we are heading to the W.C'ships

#55 lina_ngchiuhwa, Mar 23, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
    Lina Ng likes this.
  16. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Huh, Lina. u wrote a long and sincere letter. a really sincere letter. u had done a very good analysis on our local badminton scene. yes, what u said is really obvious. everyone started cheering for KKK/TBH upon their arrival at KLIA.
    does anyone still remember Wong Choon Hann, Lee Chong Wei, Chan Chong Ming, Hoon Thien How? even our mass media forgotten about these players contribution to the country in the past.
    I remember Wong Choon Hann cried when he lost to Chen Jin and Wong Choon Hann showed tremendous fighting spirit when he lost to Xia Xuanze during the World Championship. That was history.. And to some fans, history is meant to be forgotten. For me, I will always remember players contributions.
    Now Lee Chong Wei is down. I think Wong Choon Hann is down too. Kuan Beng Hong is down too. Hey fans, a lot of things happen in the past. There are always ups and downs during players hey days. Can we accept it and support them no matter what happen?
    Anyone of you remember Ong Ewe Hock? He was a hero for Malaysia until he lost the game against South Korea during Thomas Cup. and TheStar newspaper headlines was 'Oh, EWE HOCK!'. Come on, he tried his best but the mass media blame him when Malaysia fail to make the semifinal of Thomas Cup although it was held in Kuala Lumpur. After that, Rashid Sidek retired as the non playing captain of Malaysia team.
    The next victim was Yong Hock Kin. He was the first malaysian to win the Indonesia Open. when the JE disease struck Bukit pelanduk, he withdrew from All England although at that time, he had a very good chance to win the title. At that time, China has Sun Jun, Dong Jiong and Luo Yi Gang. Malaysia has Ong Ewe Hock and Yong Hock Kin. and bear in mind, Yong Hock Kin can beat anybody on his day.
    After such incidents, Ong Ewe Hock was labelled as the bad boy of Malaysia and Yong Hock Kin never recovered from his family setback. Where are all the fans??
    So, Lee Chong Wei, the confidence is inside you. Ignore the fans reaction. Fans can bring you up and fans can bring you down. Keep focus on your task to win the World Championship 2005.
    For the fans out there, just remember our players past contributions. Without their contribution, badminton will not survive in Malaysia until today.
    :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Lina Ng likes this.
  17. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

yea i totally agree you.just so sad that when our players lost, the fans seems to forget about their past achievements. unfortunately failures overshadow the players' success. now the popular names in the news in kkk/tbh. no more lcw. no more wch:(
    kkk/tbh deserve the attention that they get but i just feel sorry for lcw and wch who are almost totally forgotten now. they had tried their best and i think they deserve support and encouragement from fans and media. sadly the truth when you are a winner, u get all the limelight. but when u lose, you get all the blames and suddenly disappear of people's favourite list.
    come on!where are all the encouragements and kindness when our players need it the most.
    i really hope that media will play a role in giving encouragement to players when they are down.
    dont only look for them when they are up and famous. they are also humans with feelings like everyone. glad to read all of your encouraging letters for lcw.let's continue the support for him and not to forget wch,ccm,hth and others.

18. lina_ngchiuhwa

lina_ngchiuhwa Regular Member

Clerk
    Now everyone are starting to cheer for KOO-TAN and now they got their interview to be air on AEC tonight. But please, to all the badminton fans out there, don't left out our others national shuttlers behind. They need our support too. Don't blame on Hafiz juz b'coz of he din wins back his All-England title after his glory winning in 2003. :crying: Choong Han cried when he lose 2 Chen Jin in the Malaysian Open this year but he really did gave a good fight back. Please support our MS too and the other players.

19. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    wow...these are really long letters.......

20. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

that was what KKK said during the interview. He hope all the fans will stay beside him even though he lose in future.