Olympic Games 2008: Day 8 (16 August)

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by ctjcad, Aug 6, 2008.

1. F-38-I

F-38-I Regular Member

medical doctor
    So, what time tomorrow? Morning or afternoon? I'll enjoy the tomorrow matches, cos we already have one gold, so, hope our XD just play relax, but still focus. It's kind hard to beat LYD/LHJ.

2. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Unfortunately no newspapers tomorrow. Y'know, August 17th. Independence Day. National holiday.:eek:

3. laonong

laonong Regular Member

not everyone. maybe INA and malaysians.

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Okay...my nerves have settled now.

I only watched the last set and a half of the Mixed Doubles SF match between Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir and He Hanbin/Yu Yang, that too was from the mall next door, with the HD channel being broadcasted by the LCD TVs sold in Fortress (the outlet selling electrical goods), as our local TV did not show that match :mad: So, I was standing there in front of the shop, with my wife, and incidentally another INA supporter (didn't realise it till the very end when he also applauded every pt won by Nova/Butet) :eek:

The match was broadcasted at 7pm, which meant I miss the first set and the first half of the second set. The INA pair lost the first set 15-21 (from Krisna's SMS update). Luckily, I felt better when the scores were 11-4 for the INA pair at the interval of the second set. It was basically a walkover for the INA pair as they won easily 21-11.

Now, the real match started in the rubber-set, with tight points from the start and the gap never crossed 3 until late in the game when the INA pair somewhat surged ahead 19-15. However, that proved to be the only time the gap was at 4 pts as the Chinese pair narrowed the lead to 19-18 in just a matter of minutes :mad: The INA pair had 2 match pts at 20-18, both saved by the Chinese pair. He Hanbin was especially excited when the score was level at 20-20. Nova/Butet had another match pt at 21-20, again to be saved...21-21.

It was at this moment that He Hanbin fumbled his serve and the crucial match pt to the INA pair, 22-21. What a time to be nervous :eek: Nova/Butet made sure they did not waste this match pt and went on to claim the rubber-set and a ticket to the FINAL. Euphoria swept past the INA camp with Christian Hadinata and Richard Mainaky joining the celebration.

I was so drained as I pumped my fist and shouted "YES"...to the surprise of many onlookers as I cheered for the INA pair's victory (HKGers are pro-China :eek:). Phew...one done, 2 to go.

Unfortunately, Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa could not hang on to create a memorable All-INA FINAL in the Mixed Doubles as they lost momentum at 10-14 in the third set to Lee Yong Dae :eek: Eventually, they had to settle for a Bronze-Medal Playoff with He Hanbin/Yu Yang in the first match tomorrow.

Nova/Butet will have to face another nerve-wrecking tie against Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung tomorrow :cool: The coaches better have a game plan against that kid Lee Yong Dae :eek:

5. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    MSNBC is showing Badminton MD final from 2nd set.....

6. SpursIndonesia

SpursIndonesia Regular Member

I must say i disagree with that, technically, they're in the same level with INA, CHN, and KOR no. 1 pair, it's just their mental attitude, seems rather weak and lacking in focus. They're still quite young -younger than MK/HS, correct ?- so i think a bit more faith is justified.

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    We were VERY haapppyyy in INA... :crying: :) :crying: :) :crying:

Love yourself, love your family, love your friends, , love your surroundings, love your country, love badminton, love your country's badminton, love your country's badminton stars!!! ;) Deep comprehensive love can deliver a lot of happiness...

My friends and I all waited for the medals ceremony... We really wanted to see the INA flag being hoisted!

IMG_4192resized.jpg

Tony, Candra, Kido, Hendra, Susi, Mia all came from PB. Jaya Raya... They are true champions inside and outside the court. :) I highly respect them.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

The XD semi..

...between CHN's He & Yu vs. INA's Widianto & Natsir was truly a nail-biter...I was able to catch a little bit of the 3rd set and i bet it was, literally, a heart pounding encounter for all the INA supporters. And i hope all the INA supporters have recovered from that "heart-attack" moment...;)

Okay, that's all, gotta run again. Sit back, relax and enjoy lah!! And hope you guys'll enjoy today's last 2 matches!!.:):cool:

9. green ham

green ham Regular Member

Unlucky Indonesia, good luck for the gold medal match

10. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Easy as that!! right on the money!!!!!!!!!!:D:D