Ofsaa

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by AzNsNiPa, Apr 28, 2005.

1. AzNsNiPa

AzNsNiPa Regular Member

LOL!!! everyone on da platform had to stand for like 2 minutes! some ppl was actually able to hold the same pose and smile for dat whole moment. i bet their face must be aching rite now lol.

thx fo da pic baddygrl

2. Xo_BaddyGrl_oX

Xo_BaddyGrl_oX Regular Member

grade 11 student in Sudbury!
    no probz...did you check out my other one...recognize any faces...i don't know any of those people i took pics of...

3. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

BaddyGirl: LOL You took a pic of a guy from my region aka "some guy bouncing"

4. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    because obviously, someone has never heard of tact.. :rolleyes:

to the person that asked if i was there.. no i wasn't there, i didn't watch... too lazy to roll out of bed... and besides, this week was my only summer vacation, so i spent it going out with my friends....

5. blitzboy

blitzboy Regular Member

I'm from the Lee's team 1, just like Jonny was before he left... and I'm telling you, that's not true. Near the end of his time at Lee's, he started getting really sulky and developed an attitude. He got into a really heated argument with one of our coaches, and they threatened to get physical. The coach grabbed Jonny by the shirt, but that's as physical as it got. Soon after, Jonny left.

So, to dispell any rumours... he didn't beat any coach at Lee's.

(btw, Dex, you seem to have a very negative opinion of Jonny... he doesn't have that big an attitude... he had an attitude at the time, because our head coach intentionally had him training with people far below his skill level)

#105 blitzboy, May 8, 2005
    Last edited: May 8, 2005
  6. tinkerbella122

tinkerbella122 Regular Member

Student
    Yikes :eek: ... do you know which one ? Rachel Glover trains at my clubs sometimes ... she and her sis did pretty good in ofsaa .

7. BethuneGuy

BethuneGuy Regular Member

Student
    blitzboy: I'm from the Lee's team 1, just like Jonny was before he left... and I'm telling you, that's not true.

Stop showing off lol. You have two posts, and all two of them mention I'm from Lee's team 1 lol

8. tinkerbella122

tinkerbella122 Regular Member

Student
    http://groups.msn.com/BadmintonTrip/ofsaabaddypicz.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1110
    Mike Lawler - The guy in the middle
    He trains at my club every tuesday ... Wow !! He did pretty wow in ofsaa !!

http://groups.msn.com/BadmintonTrip/ofsaabaddypicz.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1002
    Mr.King on the right ? ( wearing a red shirt ?)

lol ... wow ... I actually kno sum people :rolleyes:

9. blitzboy

blitzboy Regular Member

sorry >.< :crying:

10. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    Blitzboy: u sounds like ur a very very mature team member :D so jonny's bad attitute was cos of the head coach intentionally put him to train with people far below his skill level......ic....but 1 is a coach and 1 is a player....if jonny left is cos of this matter only :rolleyes: he's admitting his fault ....anyway,i do not have any particular attitude of jonny llike u said. but any1 from Lee's Team 1/2/3 should know his temper well. And it's a fact! :eek: :eek: :eek:

11. Xo_BaddyGrl_oX

just_anothr_grl : Hey hey... i know who you are...and i have a vid of you playing the last couple of points...omg you and ur partner did so amazing! ...well if you want to see the two minute of you playing the last points of ur rally...i'm glad to show it to you, so you can hit me up lol...congratz on the third!

12. Xo_BaddyGrl_oX

i really don't have a clue...aren't they twins...well they sure look a like and i don't know how to tell them apart...but one of them got hurt..

13. blitzboy

blitzboy Regular Member

lol sometimes, he does get edgy, i'll admit.

14. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

So Johnny is now at Mandarin?

I mean, his picture is still on the Lees site.

15. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

I wouldn't say he's necessarily admitting that he's wrong. Since my conclusion are only from this one particular point of view, I'd have to say it's the opposite, he's not at fault.

If a coach is intentionally putting you in a group that's below your level and not allowing you excel in the game, then he has a right to complain and if they going to keep doing that, then it wouldn't be so smart to stay in a club that would slow down your progress.

16. blitzboy

blitzboy Regular Member

Yes. Jonny is now at Mandarin. But he's losing his edge now, because simply put, Mandarin is nothing like the training centre Lee's is. Say I'm biased or w/e, but it's true... Mandarin's a better recreational club, Lee's is the training centre. Jonny's doubles partner, Andrew Tai-Pow (still at Lee's) has now consistently beat him in singles everytime they meet at a tournament... Jonny used to be way better than him.

Note: The site is pretty outdated.

#116 blitzboy, May 8, 2005
    Last edited: May 8, 2005
  17. ploppers

ploppers Regular Member

Lees is not not nessessarily a better club, it just trains differently. I personally go to lees and like how the intense training is done there but mandarin probably has a better atmosphere for players to play in (Even though I have to say I've been quite impressed with Lees recently) .

18. blitzboy

blitzboy Regular Member

Well if you look at good players like Jonny, Raymond, Kevin, Aaron, Cynthia, Andrew Tai Pow, Candace, Victoria, Nathan Lee, etc.... you'll see they all originated at Lee's. I read some previous posts, and people from Mandarin were proud to have the likes of Jonny, Raymond, Kevin, and Cynthia join their club... just remember they were all trained at Lee's... and I hear that none of them were satisfied with Mandarin training (some have come back to Lee's). An example I cited before was how Jonny is getting passed by Andrew, his doubles partner, because he left Lee's while Andrew stayed (Andrew has bested Jonny in all, or almost all, their match ups at tournaments this year).

Granted, the atmosphere at Mandarin is probably nicer. Probably because it's more relaxed. The people who left all left because of conflicts with our coach(es), I think... the coaches may be mean sometimes, but they're the best, and they're what makes us good.

#118 blitzboy, May 9, 2005
    Last edited: May 9, 2005
  19. Jus_anothr_grl

Jus_anothr_grl Regular Member

student
    The environment at Mandarin is definitely "nicer". As a reference from the "Anyone play at Lee's" thread, a coach called a student a "fu**ing retard". This may be allowed at Lee's but if a coach (no matter how good of a coach he/she is) said that to a student at the Mandarin Club, this verbal abuse will certainly not be tolerated.

20. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    so y r there so many U10/12/14 players switching to lees recently if they r happy with their system? why did the head coach from mandarin got fired but forced to tell the team players she's resigning cuz of her health? y r there always conflicts about coaching during tournaments? :mad: