Nova/Lilyana vs Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by TH_4_President, Aug 16, 2008.

1. blckknght

blckknght Regular Member

Pastry Chef
    Too bad Nova/Butet waited until after they got blown away in the 1st and halfway through the second set before they started playing like the 1 seed. too late! meanwhile, the mixed bronze medal match was incredibly exciting. i feel bad for Flandy though, he wont get another shot at a medal probably.

2. lxsw1986

lxsw1986 Regular Member

Student
    I agree. They started playing like No.1 too late.:crying:How poor Nova, he's 31,bound to retire.:crying::crying::crying:

3. manduki

manduki Regular Member

Student
    But the Korean pair is only ranked 10th because they haven't played many games together. I thought even if N/B started playing like that from the beginning, they couldn't have beat the Korean pair. Good game though, I guess this pair proved that their win at the Korean Open was not through falsehood.

4. lxsw1986

lxsw1986 Regular Member

Student
    LYD is really a genious. Actually, I think Nova/Natsir play OK today. rythm be controlled by LYD/LHJ, and net work. maybe cause this they lose.

5. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

True sportmanship

I like the way Nova/Lilyana conducted themselves after their loss. They waited for LYD/LHJ and then walked over to their court and hugged and shook their hands. Class!

KKK/TBH should learn from how true champions carry themselves.

6. lxsw1986

lxsw1986 Regular Member

Student
    see how happily Liliyana smiled when she was on the second place stage? That should be the way world No.1 react. No matter win or lose, just try best and enjoy badminton. That's one of the reasons why I like her and Nova. She will create her era, I believe. And I am happy I have this chance to see her era in the next few years.;)