Nominees of Indonesia Sudirman cup team 2007

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2007' started by taufik-ist, Jul 7, 2006.

1. kimpe_bultang

kimpe_bultang Regular Member

hmmm, athlete and student
    21 of April.. In Bandung... Poor Tommy, no hope against Taufik...

2. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Alvent/Luluk beat Joko/Hendra :crying:

3. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Maria Kristin beats Nana...

4. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Thank's for the info yannie

You got the results faster than us who live in here :eek:

5. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Hahaha welcome.. I got my sources :D .. Just kidding..

A friend of mine was online before, and she told me the results..

Sony wins.. but I guess Simon didn't play???

6. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

The Results : Rajawali (R) d Harimau (H) 5-3

Maria Kristin (H) d Fransiska Ratnasari (R) 21-17, 21-15
    Andriyanti Firdasari (R) d Pia Zebadiah (H)21-13, 14-21, 21-14.
    Gressya Poliii/Lita Nurlita (R) d Rani Mundiasti/Endang N. (H) 21-18, 22-20.
    Luluk/Alvent (H) d Joko Riyadi/Hendra AG. (R) 21-14, 14-21, 21-18
    Sonny Dwi Kuncoro (R) d Andreas Adityawarman (H) 21-12, 21-19
    Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan (R) d Candra Wijaya/Sigit Budiarto (H) 21-16, 21-14.
    Taufik Hidayat (H) d Tommy Sugiarto (R) 21-18, 24-22
    Nova Widianto/ Lilyana Natsir (R) d Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa (H) 21-18, 16-21, 21-15.

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's almost certain that the strongest lineup will be:
    XD: Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir
    MS: Taufik Hidayat
    WS: Adriyanti Firdasari
    MD: Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan
    WD: Greysia Polii/Vita Marissa

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I completely agree with badMania! :) With this lineup, Indonesia might go to the finals again. Of course China is the heavy favorite, Malaysia and Denmark is strong, but very beatable by Indonesia in MS, XD, and WD. In WS, WMC is hard to beat for Firda but Tine Rasmussen is beatable. In MD, KKK-TBH is hard to beat for any pair on Earth, but Jens-Martin is beatable.

Overall, ...I personally see Indonesia's mixed team as the 2nd best team on the planet [a debateable statement, I know]. :D :cool: :cool: :cool: Malaysia is a close 3rd and Denmark is the 4th. Korea 5th... not enough firepower in MS, WS, and XD agains INA...

Btw, Yannie... according to the newspapers, Simon didn't play because he was sick, so Andreas Adityawarman stepped in. ;) The newspapers also said that PBSI officials have pretty much made up their mind to send Taufik-Sony-Simon [as usual] because they are really the strongest MS that Indonesia has now.

9. kimpe_bultang

Hmmm, you knowww,,,, Simon got that diarrorhea and stomach ache.. Lying on the hospital when they play... :D :D :D

10. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

what about korea?
    they have quite good lien-up as well...
    on paper they have strong ws, wd, md and xd... so?

11. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    he ate to many 'rujak pedas' :D

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Agree w/ u badMania, as I read KOMPAS yesterday and it mentioned strong tendency who will become core-team member :

MS : TH-Sony and Simon (INA will bring 3 MS)
    XD : Nova/Lilyana and Flandy/Vita
    WS : Firda plus Nana or Maria Kristin (still waiting upcoming SIN SS result)

Undoubtedly, CHN is the clear fave to defend SC this year meanwhile INA-MAS-KOR-DEN have an equal opportunity to fill one slot in finale against CHN.

And the drawing who-meet-who at group stage definitely will decide their next step. Hmm, very tense because every candidate outside CHN has no 'secure-point' to give certain winning.

*KOR as dark-horse/underdog position is still dangerous for INA, winner of the SC three-times (1991;1993;2003) of course they are not complement contingent but deserve to be counted on. KOR freezed INA 2 times in SC finale 1991 & 1993 and no impossible if they can do it again defeat INA at any round. Their player quality is not bad recently in WS/WD/MD division compare with INA. Hwang Hye-Youn; Lee Kyung-Won/Lee Hyo-Jung ; Jung Jae-sung/Lee Young-dae, I guess they are strong enough for INA so cannot look down for this team absolutely.

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

That could be the final starting lineup..

..looking at the MS, MD & WD spots, barring any last minute injuries, of course..However, personally, i would like to see Maria K. & Adriyanti F. duke it out for the top WS candidate..Overall, looking at the simulation-match results & recent SS tourneys' results, the WS and XD squads are very close..:rolleyes:

#33 ctjcad, Apr 23, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  14. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

why is that adriyanti firdasari is the strongest WS? i think maria kristin has a better result in the past 6 months...

:confused:

15. keanny

keanny Regular Member

student
    waw.. thats an interesting result between taufik - tommy! wah i vote for tommy all the way =) he really is the future for our (INA) MS =P pbsi should send him to sudirman cup just to give him the taste of being a part of the real world championship, go go tommy! lol

oh btw, im a newbie here, lol, as i just wrote er.. like 2-3 posts so far? haha.. but ive been a big fan of badminton since i was a kid.. since the ge fei/gu jun and ye zhaoying era lol =) nice to meet all badminton fellas!

16. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Hi Keanny. Glad to meet another big badminton fan. I've been a fan since I was a kid too... er but at that time, the idols were Ivanna Lie, Verawaty, Rudy Hartono, Liem Swie King, Iie Sumirat [Taufik's teacher], Christian, Hastomo, Kartono etc. While the top foreigners were Misbun-Razif-Jailani Sidek [MAS], Prakash Padukonde [IND], Luan Jin, Han Jian, Yang Yang, Svend Pri, Morten Frost Hansen, Li Lingwei, Han Aiping, Kristen Larsen etc.

Times have changed, players changed, but the legacy of the 5 great powerhouses of badminton stays [Indonesia-Malaysia-China-Denmark-Korea]... :D The other nations are inconsistent... India, Japan, Holland, Germany, Sweden, England, Thailand, and others are there... but never consistently threatening...

17. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Maria Kristin is surely better than Nana! I can't believe PBSI is hesitating about this... Maria can surely compete well against the WS of Denmark, Korea, etc. If Firda gets injured, better put Maria there against Tine Rasmussen, Hwang H. Y. etc. rather than Nana! Against China... well it doesn't matter who we put there, ha ha ha...

18. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Because Firda had good record at international tourney so far compare than Maria. Firda grabbed Dutch Open title last year (despite lack of top-players here) and Manila SEA Games 2005 Gold Medalist in WS individual competition beat MAS's Wong Mew Choo. Maybe this result gives consideration for PBSI to include her. But absolutely Maria is one impressive young-talent, she needs more2 competing experience in future days.

19. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

I agree that Maria is best INA WS in this time, feel weird that PBSI choose Firda without selection. I have posted my opinion that WS INA is Maria & Firda.
    Firda didn't show good results in All England, lost to 2 Thailand player, Ponsana & Meemeak.

Firda is best potential INA WS but she can't resist on long rally.
    Maria is complete players but din't have "finishing punch", need more reflex and faster move.
    Nana has good coverage on court side by side but she don't have attacking weapon just send back the ball.

Looking the opponent.
    WMC looked like knowing very well to beat Nana. She lost to Firda in Sea Games but she beat Firda on some tournament then
    HWY beat Nana easily in Asian Games and beat Maria tough 3 sets in Denmark Open.
    Tine Rassmusen, I think Tine can beat these 3 WS INA in normal condition but I don't know her condition after injury break.

20. kimpe_bultang

Nice to have you as part of us here.. Anyway, Tommy has joined the World Junior Champz team before.. So, he's tasted the feeling.. And, he's too young, pbsi believes more in the older players...:D :D