No Indonesians yet again...

Discussion in 'Dutch Open 2005 / Denmark Open 2005' started by badMania, Oct 3, 2005.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Just read in Bola that PBSI has decided NOT TO SEND any players for the series of WGP tournaments in Europe, starting from the Bitburger Open in Germany this week. Players was about to hand in their applications for visa late last week when PBSI officials finally said no.

Its really absurd for them to cancel yet again at the last minute, with reason being money. Its more economical to send the players to the Asian GP rather than Europe. The lack of preparation time and not wanting players who just won the Indo Open to suffer from the pyschological effect of defeat were also listed as reasons. My reaction: bull sh**!!

The womens are definitely now put a disadvantage.....with low rankings and no opportunities to get match experience abroad... They only have the SEA Games...with no ranking points and likely no medals to hope for.

2. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Well, if the issue is really about money, there's nothing much anyone can do about it. Unless other people are willing to come up with the money.

3. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    the women will participate in taiwan open 2005, i think hongkong and china open 2005 is better than dutch and denmark open 2005. both are 6 stars tournaments

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

There's no guarantee to that! PBSI could always cancel at the last minute as always. Besides, there's no use for the women team to participate in the 6* rated tournaments....some of them will not even get into the main draw given their rankings now (below 30).

I thought it will be good to send them to the 1* and 2* rated tournaments like Greece and Holland Open (esp the women's doubles). They are capable of at least a semi-final placing, which will boost their ranking up before the Uber Cup.

5. peace

peace Regular Member

Well, I do not know why PBSI will not send any players to the GP tournaments in Europe. At least Denmark Open is a high enough star. And Dutch Open is very good for the women to earn points and make their rankings higher, since it will be an advantage for the next Uber Cup.
    SEA GAmes is another thing. They always focus on SEA Games. Well, that's also important for the country, but at least they can divide the players, who will go to SEAG and GP Tournaments.
    Points is important since it will affect the seeded of a tournament and if Indo players only have low points, they will always get unlucky draw.

6. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator

becos... europe is far away from indonesia, almost 24 hours travelling, players will get a jetlag :)

7. sen

sen Regular Member

If less participation in many tournament, low world ranking.

Then, when Indonesian player plays in a tournament and 'upset' higher ranking player, the Indonesian press said they did well.
    When they lose, the press will say lack of experience.

Either way, it will never be bad PBSI management or bad training.

Time for the Indonesian press to stop this.

8. kemana

kemana Regular Member

and it costs more money to go to europe, welcome to china open:D

9. kemana

kemana Regular Member

is sea game once a year or two years?

10. kemana

kemana Regular Member

i really think it's a good idea, why they don't sent young players to more tournaments , they really need experience

11. khwong

khwong Regular Member

Self Employed
    it's a two years once event!

12. kemana

kemana Regular Member

thank you very much !!;) :D

13. ffc2002

ffc2002 Regular Member

again!! i agree with Taufik..too far for Indonesia if they have to europe tournamnet..jetlag!! they will not focuse..and like Rudy Hartono says..Indonesia (women) will start to send which is the tournamnet 3 or 4 rankings..like Taiwan or Hongkong Open!!..
    I see that rangking of Indonesian player more higher (www.worldbadminton.net) now, Maria, Firda and Nana round about 36 position after 5...in the few week before..Great!! ( i think that because indonesia open tournament!!).. ;)
    but don't worry..Atu Rosalina will send to Denmark Open!! the one and only from Indonesia (which start to play as qualifier) beside Mia Audina and Tony/Halim which was indonesian player before..

14. ffc2002

ffc2002 Regular Member

well kemana..indeonesia send Atu Rosalina (jakarta open semifinalist) to the Denamrk Open..
    I think PBSI must prepare for more important event (for Indonesia) like Sea Games, Asian Games, Olympic, and also Uber Cup..
    And the 'ladies' will send to Taiwan and Hongkong open!!..

15. twdc08

twdc08 Regular Member

student
    will they take part in sea games??(women player

16. kemana

kemana Regular Member

suprising ! i heard that they won't even send any male players to denmark open, so it suprises me that they will send her to that, haha, good sign

17. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Added Info : Atu Rosalina wasnt in Indonesia National team anymore. So she play Denmark Open with their own money.

And the reason PBSI didn't had money to send their player is a lie. THey just didn't send any players to Denmark Open probably because our Ace players not in their top form and won't play Denmark Open. Ace players here are Taufik, CHandra/Sigit, Luluk/Alven etc who had chance to become champion in tournaments.

And they won't send any junior players who didn't had chance become champion or at least semifinal spot cause they just only losing money for PBSI.

So in other word, if our Ace players didn't play in a 3-5 star tournaments, that mean our JUnior players will not being send either. Cause in PBSI mind, the junior will only lost and wasting PBSI money.

Wrong!!!!!!! Take a look at Malaysia women. INdonesia women never ever lost to them in 1970 through 2000. Now, we even being beaten in Woman single and doubles by the Malaysian. Not to mention Thailand and Singapore.

Why? Because Malaysia, Thailand and Singaore always sending their player in top tournaments although they know their layers will lost in first or second round. BUt they will getexperience to play higher level of badminton and now they already can compete with otehr players except probably with the Chinese women.

So I don't think we will had any good women players in the next 3 -5 years or even 10 years.

18. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

The saddest part that in Sea Games later, we had to send a World Champion Taufik Hidayat to play. Where as 2 years before, in Sea Games 2003 PBSI had made a good move by only sending junior players to Sea Games.

Now in order we had to save face by winning several gold medals in badminton, PBSI again change their policy by sending Taufik and other strong senior players in a small event.

(Lets just say that if PBSI didn't send any senior players in Sea Games, we probably only had chances winning gold in Men Double.)

#18 hcpoirot, Oct 11, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2005
  19. peace

peace Regular Member

I agree with you hcpoirot.
    I don't know why PBSI does the policy like this. It's so "amazing". They always change the policy. Pity for Indonesian badminton. If this is always the case, do not ever hope that Thomas and Uber and Sudirman Cup will go back to Indonesia. I don't believe it's because of money. I notice also that under Sutiyoso, PBSI achievement become less and less, even though INA won 2 titles in last WC. Look, INA lost the Thomas Cup after 14 years.....and it happens in front of the public and even lost to Denmark who never be able to beat INA before. And lost to China even in 0-5:eek: ....

INA cannot only count on Taufik and Sony. Taufik is sometimes not stable, and also Sony. Look at China, they have more than 3 players always in every sector (men and women).
    SO, PBSI must change and improve its system in order to be able to make high quality players, in men and women, singles and doubles and mixed.

20. ffc2002

ffc2002 Regular Member

Classical Problem...

i see that..Indonesia may not just depend on Taufik.he's not stabled yet (he's play with moody..)well..as a classic problem..no sponsor..that's why indonesia didn't sent their player to Europe Open..

I can see that..i't like classical..but that's true!! when you comapared with Malaysia..they have same problem with Indonesia..no money if they're depend on governmet budget..but the different is..They take alot of sponsor to support their player!!...:eek: