No CHN WS in World Champ Semifinal : First Time in History ?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2015' started by miksss, Aug 14, 2015.

1. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Not only fail to fulfill to grab the WS title, but None of CHN WS can even make it into the semifinal round. LXR was ousted in earlier round meanwhile WSX lost in two straight games to World Number One Carolina Marin and WYH lost to World #2 Saina Nehwal.

I think CHN WS has lost their supremacy, two previous WC edition title also belong to non-CHN, Ratchanok and Carolina.

Things are getting more interesting towards RIO 2016 ;)

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  3. indrg

indrg Regular Member

4. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    Complacency + Other countries rapidly improving = No CHN WS in WC SF's

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Good idea, but she has a 3-year-old child to take care of.

Just an aside, LXR is suffering from a back injury, which she sustained during Chinese Taipei Open..

http://sports.qq.com/a/20150815/000584.htm

#5 pcll99, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  6. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    yet she was able to hit her special hunched-back dropshot with perfect precision.

7. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Excuses will pour out from people in ruins I guess. Remember CM also was injured and couldn't even train properly. But true champions find a way to win. Too easy.

8. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Very good point. If you look carefully, every top WS player has tapes on some parts of their body. No one is 100%.

9. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I think the male commentator summarized it very well during the CM/WSX's match. The Chinese WS has been playing for the same style for many years, and cannot cope with CM or Nehwal's style. Maybe LYB should get rid of both CJ and ZN and hire Fernando Rivas.

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    complacent not in that they are lazy. but lack of breakthrough. in the past 2 decades when Chinese WS players were thriving, they always have something that they are superior. either in body shape, technique, fitness, willpower, and simply just variety of shots that they are able to execute, but most of all, consistency.

nowadays, they still have many of those benefits. but so do other countries. and in some ways more so. CM has immense will power and brute power, RI/TTY have the skills as the creativity, and they all have the similar amount of fitness to match them.

in other words, the world has caught up. and it seems that there isn't really any innovative way for the Chinese to gain that edge anymore. LXR was close but seems to be bothered by illness or injury. WYH just will power but no creativity, the rest... well. not much of each.

Chinese need to find the talents, someone as natural as TTY, as powerful as CM, and hopefully as graceful as LXR/RI. that will be a treat.

11. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    So in essence while the Chinese girls either stagnated (or improved at a slower rate) while the Thais, Indians, Japanese, Koreans and The Spaniard improved their fitness, skills, technique and improved their nerves and hunger with experience.

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that's my take on it.

i don't think they are not trying, but we must always look at these players as individuals, every player that ever came out of all teams are individuals. they have their own talents, their own mental strength, their own hunger to train and play/fight against the opponents. but as we can see that many of the rising stars from other countries do have their own unique talent that surpasses the current crop of Chinese WS players. perhaps with economic condition getting better it is harder to find players who want to excel at badminton. or perhaps just the roll of the dice there weren't any new talents available. they need more Zhang Ning, Xie Xingfang and Gong Zhichao.

13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Indeed, WS competition is more exciting now since others can catch up the mighty China. It's ups and downs, no one can dominate on and on, this is it for another country to shine.

14. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    i take Marin go all the way to win .

15. miksss

miksss Regular Member

+1 ..............

16. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

I think they forgot about sindhu who is coming back after a long injury lay off has beaten Li xuerui. So, injury excuses will not work at all in this case. ;)

17. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    And both SN and CM made a big media buzz of their injuries coming into the tourney. Also SJH's thigh was heavily taped. But given the lack of confirmation that may well be precautionary

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

We've to differentiate the nature and extent of the injuries, not to mention past, recent or current, including illnesses. Practically all athletes carry some sort of ailments, minor or nagging, sustained due to long years of tough training and competition.

Also consider the psychological effect which differs from player to player, some get over it quicker, others take a longer time, a few may develop a phobia or worse the impact is so bad and long-lasting they are never the same player again.Happily,there're known examples of a few who overcome their adversity and emerge stronger.

19. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Just look at the amount of strappings LXR has on her. And these are the ones we can see with our eyes.

[​IMG]

If I remember correctly, I think her shoulder, back and ankle also have strappings too.

I don't remember if her butts have any injury (no jokes intended).

The reason why Chinese WS players have so many injuries is because of internal competition. If you take your time to rest and nurse any injuries for a few weeks, you will be sent back to your home province and there is someone from behind who will take your place in a flash. They don't care if you won the Olympic gold medal or are a World Champion.

That won't happen in Spain, Thailand or other countries.

#19 pcll99, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  20. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Strapping is not the only thing that reveal injury. It is not possible to assess the different player's level of pain and inhibition.

But somewhat I wonder if the world is catching up on China or if there was a period, starting with the Wangs (Lin, Yihan, Shixian, Xin) of abnormal domination. I don't remember in the time of XXF, ZN and else there was such a massive domination. Things might just be getting back to normal.