NFL/NCAA football starts soon….

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by om patel, Aug 29, 2022.

1. om patel

om patel Regular Member

Anyone watch ?
    whats your team ? (NFL / NCAA)
    whose going to the ncaa playoffs ?
    Whose winning the super bowl ?
    Tom brady back in his 22nd season !

ONLY sport i love more then badminton!

2. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Since I lived in Lee's Summit for a while, my Team is the Chiefs. It's a good time for that and it will be good for years to come.

I wouldn't say I like it more than Badminton, but as entertainment I prefer it. Watching badminton, I always start to analyze at some point, I cannot just lay back and watch. With American Football that's not even possible with the angles provided in broadcasts. Also, I understand much less and it's really hard to focus on 22 players compared to just 2 or 4.

In the ELF I have to go with Rheinfire since it still feels like Düsseldorf's team and that was my home for roughly a decade.

Despite all the differences, American Football has some similarities with Badminton. It's interval based, this explosiveness is extremely important. Footwork is often overlooked, but very important. The way the broadcasts deal with the breaks is something badminton maybe should look at a bit closer and maybe it's something to make a case for fixed length breaks between rallies (max time would be sufficient) in Badminton to make it easier to plan/insert segments (replays, analysis,...) during broadcasts? Just a spontaneous thought... It wouldn't take much effort to give commentators/experts a camera and some tools to explain tactics or the difference it makes to aim a smash at the racket hip/ non-racket hip/ across the body/ forehand side/... or something like that. Also, the NFL is great at using camera angles to give the viewer the experience to be on the field, in some cases they are on the field (using Sony A7, so a fairly cheap solution compared to (other) professional cameras). The NFL also makes sure that the players know very well that it's about the fans and their experience, because without fans the wouldn't be any professional athletes.

That went in a different direction than I expected.

I'm @anotherChief on Instagram/Twitter.

om patel likes this.
  3. VivianaOdonnell

VivianaOdonnell New Member

I love the NCAA!! As you’ve said, the NCAA is the only thing I enjoy more than Badminton. What do you think about CentSports CFB computer picks? Have you actually seen the NCAA picks predictions? Picks are the most interesting part of the NBA and the NCAA. It’s so exciting to watch who’s gonna be the first pick. Btw, do you actually watch the NBA? I stopped watching it in 2019, maybe. Tbh, I’m sick and tired of LeBron. I love watching when the TEAM is playing, but not the only player. Kobe is an exception.

#3 VivianaOdonnell, Oct 11, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
  4. om patel

om patel Regular Member

No but usually its the same teams in the playoffs LOL. My team is the Miami hurricanes and Miami dolphins.
    I live in india so it starts at 10pm ends by 9am next morning. So its really difficult

5. ArthurShepherd

ArthurShepherd New Member

In my opinion, the new rules didn't change the game so radically. I still love this game. I started playing football with my father when I was a child and was also on the College Football Team. Now I don't play, but I like watching some matches from time to time. Most of all, I love College Matches because you can always find some new talents and maybe professional players in the future. I also make bets on such matches, but I use https://www.wunderdog.com/nfl/picks because it is hard to predict the winner, especially when there is an unpopular team.

#5 ArthurShepherd, Oct 21, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  6. snovmenoao

snovmenoao New Member

Absolutely, sports fandom is a fascinating thing! While I appreciate American Football, my heart truly lies with Badminton. It's not just a sport for me; it's a passion. I find it more engaging as entertainment because I tend to analyze every move. Unlike American Football, where the action is hard to follow with so many players on the field.