Next Thomas-Uber Cup Finals 2014 host

Discussion in 'Thomas / Uber Cup Finals 2012' started by ngkt67, May 22, 2012.

1. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Definitely not Russia...not until they sort out their racism, hate crime and violence in their country....badminton players should never risk playing there

2. fauci

fauci Regular Member

What you said reminds me of the British reaction after they lost their bid for the football World Cup

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yet another mindless comment :rolleyes:. We have two Malaysian students on the forum playing badminton and studying medicine in Russia. There is an Indian player who trained in Russia and was more than happy to be able to compete for the team in the Russian league/team championship ...

4. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Check out the recent news about the racism and violence fears raised by fans and players in the upcoming Euro 2012 in Ukraine. Even English black players are quite concerned about their safety and security playing Ukraine. To think Ukraine is that bad, Russia is actually even worse.

5. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Be careful with the reality, all these negative racism and violence news about the Ukraine people perhaps originated from the giant spinning machines, the mainstream media (MSM)! As one may realize, some European leaders are making fuss, saying loudly threatening to boycott the 2012 Euro in Kiev due to the jailing of Tymoshenko, the former premier and one of the distinguished leader of the so-called "Orange Revolution." Unlike the preceding "Orange Revolution" regime, the current leadership in Kiev is not the one favored by the Western govts! ;) They are now closer to Russia.

OTOH this bullying may possibly cause some strong nationalistic counter reaction from the Ukraine people. It's more about politics :rolleyes:

RUSSIA should be a good candidate to host the 2014 TUC if they're willing to. They have good economy and stable situation, and i guess a growing base of badminton enthusiasts.

#45 kelana, May 28, 2012
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
  6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes,what the so-called Western free press would like us to believe and the reality is another thing, we just cannot simply take whatever is reported at face value without taking into account the politics and vested interest behind it.

Russia is a good choice too, not sure of the sponsorship interests and the crowd turnout,the latter not much of a worry perhaps as the Russians are a sport-loving nation. And lately some Russian badminton players are beginning to catch our notice.

7. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    According to your standards, no country is able to host the tournament.

8. sen

sen Regular Member

I think all media, not just western media can not be trusted because they are either a tool of propaganda by the owners(or country politicians) or they need to make money by running some over sensationalise news.

I once worked in Capetown, South Africa for 2 months and I realise what I read last time are very different than I experienced.

Anyway, Russia should be a interesting new host. But how easy for overseas visitors to visit the venues should be consideration too.

Taiwan and Thailand is a also good choice given they hardly ever hold team event

9. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

south korea maybe want to host the event. the last time (this year), both south korea's teams were almost there. they already make it to the final, but even if the quality is not-so-far, crowd's support maybe make the difference. so the next time, south korea government maybe want to fight for it on their homeground, give some X-factors to their players too. hehe

10. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

England already given chance to host All England every year, World Championships last year and Olympics. Give another country a chance at big tourney.

11. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    Not in South Korea please. Not until BWF has officially and openly condemn South Korea Badminton Association for failing to resolve the cheating line-judges.

Unless video technology is included to challenge the call, I think even Lin Dan will disagree to have the event hosted by Korea.

12. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

how about canada. i.e toronto. hahahaha. but then our team isn't too strong tho. i wouldn't mind USA too.

13. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

I would agree that South Korea is not my choice too. Past few tournaments have really terrible line judges. Unless they are willing to follow tennis to install "eagle eyes camera" and allow players to have 3 "line call" challenges per set, I am strongly against SK hosting TC/UC.

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    You've quoted the same banned poster who used two different usernames.