NEWS : Tsuen Seng sole singles in ABC meet

Discussion in '2003 Tournaments' started by kwun, Oct 7, 2003.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Tsuen Seng sole singles in ABC meet

StarOnline

BY RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia will only be represented by Lee Tsuen Seng in the men's singles of the US$150,000 JVC Asian Badminton Confederation (ABC) Championships, which will be staged in Jakarta from Oct 14-19.

Yesterday, national singles chief coach Misbun Sidek dropped Hashim brothers Roslin and Hafiz, Lee Chong Wei, Kuan Beng Hong and Yeoh Kay Bin from the line-up.

Misbun was not satisfied with the performances of the players in training since they returned from competition in the recent Dutch, Danish and German Opens.

“They were so slow in training and certainly not prepared for the ABC meet. I want them to recuperate and re-condition themselves before they go out to compete in an international tournament,” said Misbun.

“Tsuen Seng is trying his best to get back his form and I hope he will be able to regain his confidence with a good showing in the ABC meet.”

In the men's doubles, Malaysia will be represented by Chang Kim Wai-Lin Woon Fui, Gan Teik Chai-Koo Kien Kiat and Tan Bin Shen-Ong Soon Hock.

The women's singles players are Woon Sze Mei and K. Sugita. The doubles pairs are Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui, Fong Chew Yen-Norhasikin Amin and See Phui Leng-Marilyn Pang.

Misbun also announced the initial list of singles players for upcoming Open tournaments, which offer ranking points for qualification to the Athens Olympics next year.

For the six-star Hong Kong Open (Oct 27-Nov 2), Misbun has decided to send only Roslin and Hafiz. For the China Open (Nov 11-16), the brothers will be joined by Wong Choong Hann, Tsuen Seng and Chong Wei.

“But their entries are not confirmed. If I find any of the players not up to the mark, I will withdraw them at the last minute,” he added.

No men's singles players will compete in the Taiwan Open from Nov 4-9.

2. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

China is not sending anyone to Taiwan either, if what I read is correct.