News Media - Vancouver

Discussion in 'World Junior Championships 2004' started by Winex West Can, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Sorry about starting a new thread but I want to make sure that folks see this and also not sure if it should be under this forum.

Anyhow, with the World Juniors going on, the BC media has not shown too much interest other than probably the Chinese media plus the local distributed papers like Richmond Review and Richmond News and the provinicial wide Vancouver Sun. Has anyone written to these outlets to thank them for the coverage? I'm thinking that if we do, they will get an idea of how many badminton fans are out there and might encourage them to provide further coverage of main events (not sure if the numbers would be enough to justify) but thought it might be worth a try.

In the meantime, I am complaining to the other media for not providing coverage even though they needed sports filler (because of the lack of ice hockey - the NHL is on a lockout). I'm targetting the tv media like Sports Page, TSN, SportsNet, and local news sports casts. :mad:

2. doublewings

doublewings Regular Member

TSN was there yesterday, but still didn't see any coverage last night. A committe member said that results were sent to western media but seems like not much interest to print them.

3. viver

viver Regular Member

Today at least Sportsnet was there. Asked the guy taping the event and he said he was from Sportsnet. He also said that he did not know when it will be broadcasted. He was there around 10am and was there until the end.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    two sport networks went there, taped it and then think about, imo, at least that's progress :)

5. viver

viver Regular Member

The Chinese language station Fairchild was also there. They did interview the players and should be able to see it in the news or sports show.

6. viver

viver Regular Member

Wrote to Sportsnet Canada inquiring about the World Junior Badminton broadcasting schedule. The answer was so far they still do not have plans about broadcasting it. :mad: Wonder if more people inquiring Sportsnet would make a difference.

7. jumpshot

jumpshot Regular Member

Meanwhile they had horse racing, poker, dart, WWF, car racing, etc on Sportsnet and TSN. Are these suppose to be sports channel?

Aren't these events more like gambling? What is the definition of sport anyway?
    :confused:

8. panhandle

panhandle Regular Member

badminton/volleyball promoter
    World Junior Badminton Championships TV Schedule

TSN will be airing several 1/2 hour broadcasts of the 2004 World Junior Championships. The first scheduled time is Sunday, March 13, 2005 at 1:00pm ET (10:00am Pacific Time)

Let me know if you spot me calling lines!!

9. 604badder

604badder Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student
    Or if you see someone sweeping the court that looks suspiciously over excited, it's probably me :D :D :D

I didn't realize TSN was there taping? The angles couldn't have been that good I'm thinking, because the usual locations didn't have any beta cams as I recall. Correct me if I'm wrong.

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i believe it when i see it. Those flakey buggers (media) could still change their mind at the last minute. (eg. NHL get resolved or news about wayne gretsky new hairstyle :rolleyes: )

#10 cooler, Feb 1, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2005