News - Doubles Disgrace

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by undeadshot, Jul 31, 2012.

1. uselessmail

uselessmail Regular Member

So you mean, just because they can, they should do it?? Its akin to saying that a death caused due to road rage is the government's fault for building good roads and the car manufacturers fault for building high speed cars. If by chance there was a knife lying around somewhere, and the players take it n stab their opponents, will it then be the the organizers fault? What if they start hitting each other with rackets??

There will always be an opportunity to do bad! It is within you, whether you chose to commit a crime. Here these players committed a crime by 'murdering' badminton and they should be severely punished for bringing our beautiful game to such disrepute! No amount of finger pointing will justify their actions.

Pl stop blaming the organisers for a fault that clearly lies with the players and their respective coaches. For, we all know that even the knock out format can be and HAS BEEN abused before! BWF needs to grow a pair of nuts and do whats right here. Disqualify the players and penalize the respective badminton federation. There should be an official apology to the fans for this farce!

2. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19079529

this is so EMBARRASSING for badminton!

3. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

ALL 4 WD pairs are out!

4. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

5. mcdogoo

mcdogoo Regular Member

The issue has become the biggest scandal of the London Olympics.

Heads are likely to roll I am afraid, I am guessing Yu and Wang can no longer compete on international level from this point on. It may well spell the end for Li Yongbo.

6. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    So now who is into quarters ???

7. dazzatron

dazzatron Regular Member

What you have said is completely invalid in this context.

You've compared doing something legal but immoral to something plain illegal and inhumanely immoral.

I stand by my point, im not condoning what they did, but they had good reason to.

8. mizivincible

mizivincible Regular Member

Four Women's Doubles Pairs Disqualified

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/lon...ug/01/london-2012-olympics-day-five-live-blog

9. block306

block306 Regular Member

I applaud the guts that WBF just demonstrated in disqualifying all 4 pairs. About time.
    And I do hope that the China Olympic Council meant what it says in trying to get to the bottom of the scandal and take the necessary action to clean up their team management.
    Oner of the brightest day in world badminton!! Hurray!!

10. mizivincible

mizivincible Regular Member

1m ago

My colleague Peter Walker has just been speaking to Gayle Alleyne, a spokeswoman for the Badminton World Federation, at Wembley Arena.

She said the BWF could not comment on the reports that the four pairs of players – Yu Yang and Wang Xiaoli of China, Meiliana Juahari and Greysia Polii of Indonesia, and South Koreans Jung Kyung-eun and Kim Ha-na, and Jung-eun and Kim Min-jung – had now been disqualified from the Games. Alleyne said: "We cannot comment. The decision has not been made yet."

She refused to say who was making the decision or where, adding that all
    would be explained at a press conference soon. The BWF, which has been given jurisdiction over the case by the International Olympic Committee, has charged all eight players with trying to throw their
    games.

11. Toastie

Toastie Regular Member

I hope it will be a lesson to play future tournaments in a way, where you can't loose on purpose, either a simple KO, a group where only on advances, or maybe some kind of double-elimination.

12. uselessmail

uselessmail Regular Member

Either way, my stand (rather the collective stand of the badminton world) has been vindicated! The offending players have been penalised and I can sleep a bit easier tonight knowing there is some justice still out there!

Cheers mate!:)

13. amleto

amleto Regular Member

A bold decision, but the correct one.

Good job BWF. A much better one than the 'skirts only' decision!

14. algonquinsmash

algonquinsmash Regular Member

Rock Haul truck operator
    This is why I posted.. What's up with the round robin games.. I hope the olympic committee learned their lesson.. I posted, if you lose your out.. But Noooooo .. Lol If they only keep it simple and like the world's cup and all other major tournaments around the world.. Stupid thing too.. It's like their playing to qualify.. When they all ready did with points.. Just make the draws and eliminate as you play.. Geez..

15. dert45

dert45 Regular Member

There's still match fixing in World Cup buddy. Who wouldn't want to avoid playing Brazil or Spain? Match fixing is everywhere. In group play, it's just easier and more apparent.

16. Nict_26

Nict_26 Regular Member

just a job
    lest we forget, there's a draw result in worldcup group.in badminton, there's only win or lose. so match fixing becomes very apparent.cheers!!

17. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

What a mess. I'm in Vancouver, one of the few places in Canada where badminton has a chance of catching on. Where I can't watch the matches on TV but I can now hear about this story on the local news radio. Well done BWF.