NEWS : Boonsak withdraws from trip

Discussion in 'Korean Open 2004 / Japan Open 2004' started by kwun, Mar 26, 2004.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Boonsak withdraws from trip

the Nation.

Published on Mar 27, 2004

[BADMINTON] Local ace Boonsak Polsana, who is recuperating from a severe stomach complaint, will skip next week’s US$200,000 (Bt8 million)Korea Open and instead take part in the Japan Open in April.

Seven Thai players will leave tomorrow for the five-star tournament, which will take place from March 30 to April 4 at the Choongju Indoor Stadium, South Korea.

Boonsak, currently the world number 19 who won his first World Grand Prix tournament in the Thailand Open in January, withdrew from the second round of the Swiss Open against Malaysian Roslin Hashim early this month after suffering a stomach ulcer. He was admitted to Meyo Hospital upon his return to Bangkok.

“He left the hospital and is recovering fast. However, to make sure he fully regains his physical strength, I suggested to him that he skip the Korea Open and resume his campaign in the Japan Open,” national team manager Sompol Kukasemkij said yesterday.

“Regardless of whether he pulls out of the Korea or Japan Opens, or both, I’m still convinced that his present world ranking (19) is sufficient to make the cut for the Olympic Games in Athens,” he added.

Following the main draw in the Korea Open, rising Thai star and world number 119 Thirayu Laohathaimongkol will open his campaign against Englishman Andrew Smith, beaten quarter-finalist in both the All-England and Swiss Open this year.

In the men’s doubles, Pramote Theerawiwat and Thessana Phanvissawat, now ranked number 12 in the world, meet Malaysians Chew Choon Eng and Chan Chong Ming in their first hurdle.

Preechachan Wiriyanupappong

The Nation

2. springcoming

springcoming Regular Member

my poor boy

boonsak has disappeared since the second round of swiss open.

in my eyes he has the ability to beat lin dan !!!

3. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Man Boonsak can be so Good sometimes. Hope I he will be ok for the Olympics. I too think he has teh ability to beat Lin Dan^^

4. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

Since Lin Dan is not participating in Korea Open, so Boonsak can still get a chance to beat him in Japan Open :D