Newbie Raquet Recomandations

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ALex FOntaine, Aug 10, 2001.

1. hey all. I'm new to badminton, well, have however played in school for the past two years. I would describe my skills as intermediate. and im looking for a raquet that will perform well, last long, and be inexpensive (40-100$)..

let me hear those suggestions,

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

What kind of player are u? Do u smash more or do u like to play defense.

For a start pls buy something which is 100% Graphite.

it would be very ideal if u buy a cab9 power from asby or u can always buy the great carlton rackets which give u an allround playabilty.

The Yonex Cab 9 is a very good singles racket but i dont think u would like to play doubles with it.It would cost u something like 60USD.

Or u can buy the carlton rackets for 100USD for a top end model like the AS 1.

U can also try the Ti 5 or the Ti 6. I

U can try the forza range of rackets.Pls go to the review section and read abt them.

The man to contact is a guy named kelvin and he will give u good deals. Don't buy the Slim 25 K.

Buy the legend or something else.

3. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Alex, i am not aware of where you live, so I will just simply assume that your currency is in USD. Anyway, for 100 USD and under, you could get a ti5 or ti6, which are nice racquets that come in both 3u and 2u(different weights), they have an isometric head shape which makes them easier to hit due to the larger sweet spot. Also, there is a brand that goes by the name Forza who seems to have fairly nice equipment for low prices. Yonex spends too much time in advertising and has to jack up the prices of their racquets to compensate for the high advertising costs.

4. Thanks for replying.

You gave me some good initial ideas on what to get. I am considering this Fonza brand. Still i dont know what to buy. I guess i would consider myself more of an offensive player.
    WEll, now i have some idea of what is out there, i need to know where i can buy online; badminton isnt so popular here. And my price range is 40 to 100 USD. im hoping to spend about 70$.

Also you mentioned Kelvin. How can i contact him..

thanks again.

5. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    i'll get him to contact you

6. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    ROFLMAO... now other people might think the racquet plays like garbage :lol: