[NEW] Yonex Duora 8XP

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ucantseeme, Jan 22, 2018.

1. seanc6441

seanc6441 Regular Member

Mine were strung by the store with bg-80 at a tension that feels between 22-24lbs. I've brought the rackets with me to training and some matches and had a knock up with them so I have had a feel for them but haven't got a chance to restring them yet. Without a doubt the 8XP has a dampened feel compared to my other rackets, maybe it's something you get used to very easily. I will get them both strung @ 28 lbs and see how it feels then. Thanks.

ucantseeme likes this.
  2. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Well your racquet has one now

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

3. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

Yea it is a bit strange than Ng Ka Long switched back from nf800 to 8xp and won Thailand open

4. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

Hongkies are supertitious. He will continue to use 8xp since he won Thai Masters with it.

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  5. seanc6441

seanc6441 Regular Member

So I got my restrung 8XP and Z strike back with fresh BG-80 at 28Ibs! Played one game and one training session with the 8XP (about 4 hours) and one training session with the Z strike (about 3 hours).

Here are my thoughts:

- 8XP feels slightly lighter but also a little bit less aerodynamic than z strike. Both are nimble enough in their own ways and can be used for doubles or singles without much issue.

- Z strike is more powerful and effortless on clears. I was struggling to generate power with the 8XP at times. Smash was a bit stronger and more satisfying on z strike.

- Z strike feels a touch livelier and has slightly more responsive feedback on all shots.

- Stiffness in play feels about even. The z strike is slightly stiffer but because of the extra head weight and thinner shaft I feel the flex on clear and smash is about equal.

- Both rackets are solid and very stable/controlled in play.

- Z strike seems to play better on BG-80 but I think both rackets might benefit from a thinner repulsive string. Although I have only used 65 and 80 myself so can't be sure if going to something like BG-66UM would make a big difference.

#385 seanc6441, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  6. seanc6441

seanc6441 Regular Member

I think the 8xp has a good foundation but I think string choice will be extremely important with this racket.

What strings do you guys find are the most lively and repulsive to play with?

I may try BG66UM but if there's something else out there to try I'm all ears.

I'll keep practicing with the 8XP to see if it's just got an adjustment period first, but I really did adjust to the Z Strike in a matter of hours which surprised me because I thought the 8XP was going to be much easier to adapt to.

#386 seanc6441, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  7. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    I have used
    Bg65ti
    R4x110
    Gpro70.

I was happiest with r4x 110, it was medium to hard on feeling, was grippy enough.

seanc6441 likes this.