New! THL ~ Taufik Hidayat's clothing line ~ introduced at the INA Open

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Indonesia Open 2009' started by Krisna, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Taufik Hidayat will start selling his THL clothing line (made jointly with Yonex) at the INA Open SS... :cool:

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    please do snap some photos and share with us here. :)

3. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    How is it going to differ itself from the normal Yonex shirt? Are they just going to use Taufik's favorite colors or something? Are they going to put Taufik's face on each and every one of them?:confused: Hell no, I won't buy stuff like that.:rolleyes:

4. apu4life

apu4life Regular Member

yes yes picsss please. I do hope they will sell these clothings in Canadaaa

5. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Wah, Taufik really know how to do marketing, independently. Good luck Taufik.
    I'd like to see the shirt, too. Bananakid, see it first la, then decide whether or not you're going to spend on it.

#5 koo_fan, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Why, are you guys planning to buy it or what? I have a closet full of drifit shirts, from Nike to Addidas, lightweight and better than any LN, Yonex, THL shirts and I feel great wearing them cos they are all free which I got from my clients...to pay inflated $$$ for shirts that do not make me play any better, why even bother?:p:D On the other hand, I wouldn't mind paying (if affordable) for a signed LD, LCW, TH and PG shirts so I can frame them...arrhh..throw in HHY shirt too, sweat and all:p:DI bet you if you cover THL, LN or Yonex logo and compare to a drifit shirt from Walmart, you can't tell where is the advantage to warrant the cost, and whenever there is a brand logo, the price would not be cheap.

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I'm wondering the same thing, too..

..since it'll be a joint venture with Yonex, i'd imagine they'll be manufactured by Yonex and marketed/sold under Taufik's name/image. Perfect marketing agent for Yonex.
    If Taufik wants a full profit, he and his wife should design and manufacture the clothing line under their own term/management.

8. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    If Yonex plans to market THL only in INA, that might work. TH still carry his weight in INA cos INA is still searching for a hero to replace TH. But if Yonex plans to market THL outside of INA, isn't it a bit past tense when TH is on the decline and people may not want to wear a shirt when the player keep getting beaten up by LD and LCW. TH should have done it in 2005 when he was at his best.

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Yonex could've done the same with Lin Dan..^^

..but Li Ning beat them to the punch...If Li Ning locks up a long term contract with CHN's national team and comes out with a Lin Dan Line (LDL), soon, then Yonex will be stuck with TH. Unless they can come up with a LCWL (Lee Chong Wei Line)...;)
    I think Yonex is using TH's name/image because of his past achievements/success, despite his recent lack of success..And add to that, since he's still playing..

10. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Unless they plan to sell the same style shirts that Taufik has wore in tournaments with the name "Taufik Hidayat" on the back as well with the yonex logo, and etc... otherwise, why would anyone buy just another Yonex shirt? or is Yonex going to come up with another name for some sort of "shirt design technology" to make this shirt special???:confused:

How about Nano-shirt 10,000?:( with a special feather of rebounding the shuttle away once it makes contact with the shirt, so even if you get hit by the shuttle from a short distance, it ain't going to hurt you. :p or make it so thick that it can be used a bullet-proof vest.:cool:

Keep in mind that you will see "fake" shirts coming out very soon once the real ones make its debut. Just look at how many "fake" David Beckham shirts there are in the "women street" in Mong Kok, Hong Kong.

11. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    if they are autographed by me, will cost more. ;)

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

just selling?? or he will wear it?;)

13. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Any pics available?

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    From what I heard, Ami Hidayat [Taufik's wife] designed the line... And part of the reason Taufik will perform at the US Open GP is to promote his THL clothing line there... US fans can see 'em there pretty soon...

15. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    look likeT. Hidayat have surpass Lee C W in terms of clothing line.....do upload the pictures

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

And the fact that Taufik has now gone independent, perhaps previously TH was not able to sign up such deals due to contractual obligations with PBSI?

HIyaa, if got autograpoh, years later you grandkids can sell as rare collection ;):p

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

If not mistaken..

..independent, perhaps. But since he's still playing under the Indonesian flag, hence he is still playing under PBSI (INA's baddy governing body). Contract wise perhaps with Pelatnas.:confused:

18. indra

indra Regular Member

You're not going to buy that, no problemo. TH is cool!!:D

19. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Hey, you guys gotta agree that Taufik is a brand. I am willing to spend on KKKL, if there's any, btw.

20. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    After I kiss this earth goodbye, my kids will say these shirts look funny with Asian names on them and would probably throw these shirts away but keep the frames, the framing here would costs C$300 or more each. Now, I have a few signed ice hockey sticks from Brett Hull and Nieuwendyk, 2 famous players in Canada, that my kids would keep and may get a few coins back:p:D