New Superfeet Carbon Insoles

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by shosasakigamba, Sep 25, 2014.

1. shosasakigamba

shosasakigamba Regular Member

Buyer
    These have only been released recently and a quick search shows no results so decided a thread one these was required.
    I am a long time user of the Superfeet Orange which I always manage to crack at the heel after a few sessions. Wonder if these are an improvement on the range and if any fellow BC'ers had tried them out?

First the blurb:
    Superfeet Carbon insoles are thin, light, and structured insoles. They are designed with a carbon fiber-reinforced cap to provide strength and durability without bulk. Best for slim, tighter-fitting athletic footwear, these insoles are an excellent choice for runners who need high performance support.

Link:
    http://www.superfeet.com/en-us/insoles-and-sandals/carbon

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Interesting. Will have to check it out at the store to compare to the Spenco Total Support Max I'm wearing.

3. molohov

molohov Regular Member

Engineer
    Sorry for the late bump. I bought the carbon insoles recently and thought I'd share some opinion.

I use them in my SHB92MX. I think my shoes themselves are a little large for my feet, thus the insoles are actually a little smaller than the shoe base. Thus, when I lunge, I feel the insole FOLD inside my shoe. I don't know if this would happen if the shoe/insole fit better, because the insole is quite thin.

Maybe I should try and tape the insole down into the shoe? Anyone try that?

With regards to the performance, they were the first insoles I"ve tried in badminton shoes so I have no frame of reference. I do own superfeet blue and green, so maybe I'll give those a shot soon. I think those ones are thicker/harder than the carbon, based on feel.

#3 molohov, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015