NEW RACKET HELP

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by MIGOM, Oct 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. MIGOM

MIGOM New Member

Hello everyone !!

I am recovering from a severe elbow and shoulder injury. I can play for 02/03 days continuously at Max.

I wish to change my racket to more lighter racket but do not want to compromise on power or accuracy so much.

I have shortlisted the following after some internet reviews (and also as per my budget :p)

1. Victor Jetspeed S 2SP

2. Mizuno Caliber S pro

3. Mizuno JPX 8 flash.

Please guys help this poor soul with your valuable feedbacks.

2. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

never tried 3 racket above but after searching for it. Victor Jetspeed S 2SP is 3U racket? so...just drop it.
    Please tell us ur current racket you're using so we can help you.

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

What racket you currently use?
    In general receipt for injury are overstraining your body & your body recovery unable to keep up with the damage accumulated on daily basis.
    It can be 1 or many reason, like to heavy racket, to light racket, to stiff racket, & improper technique.

Last thing, there is a trade of for everything. Like it or not you had to compromise thing to gain other thing. For example Head heavy & heavy racket are devastating it term of power that none can match it, but to wield one you need to pay extra strength & with bad technique it just double the damage your body recieve. Also to gain those massive power you trade off with speed equally to the power you gain.

4. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

Changing a racquet shouldn't have much effect on your accuracy when you are used to the new one. You might have to adjust your grip force and your swing timing.

Was your elbow shoulder injury caused by Badminton? Using Yonex Astrox100zz (head heavy stiff racquet) hurts my shoulder for extended use (2hrs+ more than 1 day in a row) and using a Yonex Nanoray 800lt 5ug5 (head light, very light racquet) racquet doesn't do my elbow any favours ^^.

MIGOM likes this.
  5. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

Rather than getting a new racket; how about strength/weight work in the gym to help with recovery and reinforce your muscles surrounding the affected areas?

Playing up to 3 times a week with severe injuries in your racket arm may cause worsening/further damage

6. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I can't read past "severe injury" "playing 3 days in a row"! Surely more rest required!?
    Sorry to be devil's advocate. Myself I'll strap my arm up if it makes the difference between playing and not, but I only have mild niggles.

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

7. MIGOM

MIGOM New Member

Post injury I have stopped using my Li Ning 3d Breakfree 80 TD (I can't even get the name proper) which is rated 3u. My usual go to is a cheaper and supposedly lighter Victor Hypernano X090 with which I am quite comfy.

8. MIGOM

MIGOM New Member

#Edit

I think as per ratings and some short videos available in YouTube the Vic and Miz I mentioned are 4u.

9. MIGOM

MIGOM New Member

I
    I wish I was a little more careful and gave myself rest when needed. 'Overstraining without sufficient recovery time' would be the right phrase. I have played for quite a number of years now and technique wise I think I might be say an intermediate+ player.

10. MIGOM

MIGOM New Member

I would not blame badminton in particular for my injury. I just didn't give my body the care and rest it deserved is all.

11. MIGOM

MIGOM New Member

# Thanks for the tip. However I am just curious, won't my injury aggravate if I go to gym for weight work ? I have also thought about trying on strength exercise but then restrained due to fear of worsening my injury further.

12. MIGOM

MIGOM New Member

Yeah it's that bad. I will rest if I don't feel better. Surely.

13. MIGOM

MIGOM New Member

Guys going for Mizuno Caliber S pro !! That I already have a 3u, I will try the 4u. It's head heavy and medium flex as per ratings.

BadmintonDave likes this.
  14. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

For weight-work; you test what feels comfortable but also requires some effort (fine-tuned according to your needs/current level of strength/endurance).

Essentially what I am suggesting is “active recovery” -> benefits of exercise without pushing yourself to further injury

For elbow; it would be worth reinforcing the muscles around the joint (biceps, triceps and forearms)
    Something simple like kneeling push-ups (you have your knees touching the floor rather than conventional plank position with toes) -> takes full bodyweight from wrists, elbows and shoulders but some pressure to strengthen.

Since your legs are uninjured; you can always do some leg exercises while your arm recovers -> good strong legs are always useful for badminton ha!

MIGOM likes this.
  15. Budi

Budi Regular Member

I guest that would answer your question already.

Unless you are a Pros with coach & team doctor that monitor you, its not advised to play non stop.

Just little bit of sharing.
    I had friend that play 5-6x a week & he is picky enough to just want to play hard games only. It works for quite few year but 1 time he feel uncomfort on his knee. When checking on doctor, he said its the oil on his knee that dried up or something ( idk how to explain the medical term). So he stop playing for quite long & just recently he start playing light fun games 1x a week.

Please take care of your body. You might be young & had Kyubi sealed inside you, makes yourself unstopable but trust me, you feel a great toll when you are older.

You dont have a doctor or coach to look at you but listen to your own body. They will give you hint when they are exhausted, keep pushing up so you can grow better but you should know to when to stop for moment. You win a race not just by kick the pedal fully. Sometimes you hit the pedal fully, sometimes you do manouver, sometimes you hit the brake.

MIGOM likes this.
  16. MIGOM

MIGOM New Member

I like your kneeling push up tip. I will give it a try for sure. I do jog 2-3 kms whenever possible for my legs. Thank you